Improve the performance of a reversible air

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Improve the performance of a reversible air

by raymon » 17/02/14, 12:31

I am satisfied with my reversible air conditioning but I would like to improve its efficiency. I think of exploiting the variation of cop during the day for this I thought of storing heat in a "tank" when the cop is at the maximum for example between 12h and 15h to restore this heat when the temperature is lower in the evening and in the morning around 7 a.m.
I think to make a tank filled with gravel or water bottles warmed by a small fan that consumes max 15w that takes the heat in the air conditioning. To not lose energy I thought put this tank in the same room.

Am I clear what do you think?
Is the game worth the candle?
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: improve the performance of a reversible air conditioning

by Gaston » 17/02/14, 16:19

The problem of heat storage has been studied for a long time.

Water is the material with the largest heat capacity (excluding phase change materials): about 4185 J / (Kg.K).
The current solids are rather around 1000 J / (Kg.K).

With 100 liters of water heated from 20 to 30 ° C, we store: 4185 * 100 * 10 = 4185 kJ or 1,2 kWh.

More can be stored by increasing the amount of material or the storage temperature.
In your case, we can not exceed the exit temperature of the air conditioning (about 40 °?).
It will therefore be necessary to envisage a large quantity of material (water or gravel) at least of the order of the ton.

Try to estimate how much energy you need to store and calculate the amount of storage needed ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/02/14, 16:40

Raymon looks at this subject https://www.econologie.com/forums/clim-rever ... 12393.html we talked about the subject about an air conditioning that I put at home ...

I measured a cop> 5 ...
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 17/02/14, 20:10

With 100 liters of water heated from 20 to 30 ° C, we store: 4185 * 100 * 10 = 4185 kJ or 1,2 kWh.

I did not imagine that it needed so much water or gravel I thought I could be content with 300-400l gravel, but here to have something of consequence you need big quantities. for a fairly low economic gain. Especially since I am at 4,5 kwh day since November since it is hot. But this remains an idea to dig.
Thanks for the information;
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 18/02/14, 08:24

I tell myself that this idea of ​​recovering energy when it is hot would be much simpler and more interesting for someone who would have an air / water air conditioning. In this case, a large energy storage would be much easier to set up. .
It would be enough to have a tank of 1500 l isolated and a valve has 4 channels, one could have an efficiency very close to a heat pump water / water for a cost much lower.
For christophe I can not install a greenhouse air conditioning is 6m high [/ quote]
0 x