How to obtain an interesting insulation R?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
gisier
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

How to obtain an interesting insulation R?

by gisier » 17/02/10, 18:02

Hello,
"forced" to build with concrete blocks for lack of a builder with a ytong, I want to strengthen my insulation in order to obtain an interesting coefficient of thermal resistance 4 or 5.

I am thinking of double interior and exterior insulation, but I have absolutely no idea how to choose.
(For the exterior I was just told about 53mm of effisol, R = 2.60 I think.)

What do you think of all this? Thank you.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 17/02/10, 21:32

Hello,

The ideal is insulation from the outside, and zero interior insulation, in order to increase thermal inertia (very important) and eliminate thermal bridges

Concrete block is a good material, don't forget chaining

For rock wool, ideal for exterior insulation, common thermal resistances can, for the same thickness of product, vary from R = 2,50 m2 K / W to R = 3,15 m2K / W in 100 mm

The ideal being 15cm

Here is a document that should help you:
http://www.rt-batiment.fr/fileadmin/doc ... rtie_2.pdf
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
gisier
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gisier » 17/02/10, 23:05

thank you for your quick response.
But if I put in more interior insulation, I can reach R = 4 or R = 5, right?

Otherwise what to put inside a concrete block, a simple BA13? a Plaster? hello bleeding for piping and electrical?

cordially
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 18/02/10, 09:04

What type of finish is planned for the exterior? Plaster, cladding, siding .....

I'm not sure rockwool is "the ideal". After all depends on what we put in ideal. At the ecological level (gray energy) it's not great. But it is clear that it is one of the materials with an unbeatable capacity to insulate / price ratio

+1 for Maloche, the ITE is clearly the best solution.
And it is necessary to avoid putting an interior insulation which would reduce inertia and imply an additional cost. It is better to put a thick layer of insulation outside.

For interior finishing, the most effective is to directly coat the concrete blocks. Sticking a plasterboard will create an air space (a little insulating), therefore slowing down the heat exchange between the air and the concrete blocks, thus reducing the ability to smooth temperatures.
It is necessary to pass the electricity and the plumbing in the screed is the interior partitions.

Finally to advise you on the best you should know more about your project: location, orientation, surface, ...
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
gisier
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gisier » 18/02/10, 09:35

Thank you for your answers.
My project is located in the north of 59. it is oriented towards the SE facade. it includes 160m² of living space including 85 on the ground. and there is a full basement.

A house in the north is a brick siding, thickness 11cm.
The exterior insulation I see between these bricks and the concrete block. this is why I cannot allow myself a large thickness. and that I should be able to be reinforced with something inside to reach an R = 4 or R = 5.
Thank you
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 18/02/10, 11:21

gisier wrote:Thank you for your answers.
My project is located in the north of 59. it is oriented towards the SE facade. it includes 160m² of living space including 85 on the ground. and there is a full basement.

A house in the north is a brick siding, thickness 11cm.
The exterior insulation I see between these bricks and the concrete block. this is why I cannot allow myself a large thickness. and that I should be able to be reinforced with something inside to reach an R = 4 or R = 5.
Thank you

Hmm, why brick cladding: it's ugly, enormous weight, high price, zero seismic resistance (although the North is not very agitated in principle), zero insulation ... the best is a wooden cladding (in planks or in panels which can be painted or plastered (special plaster which supports the "work" of wood) and 20cm of insulation as is done with passive houses ...
0 x
gisier
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gisier » 18/02/10, 15:15

It hurts me to read this. Brick is the architectural essence of this region that you don't seem to know, where then you've seen too much of Danny Boon's film. We make mag, unique brick houses, especially the contribution of Belgian bricks which are very varied.

Anyway it is imposed in our greatest.

If we go back to the debate ... :?
0 x