House "Double Sud"

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Flytox

House "Double Sud"

by Flytox » 20/02/09, 15:06

Bonjour à tous

What do you think of the concept?

A house must be facing due south to recover maximum solar heat. Classic. : Lol:

Basically a house is rectangular. The larger the south face, the more heat is collected. Normal.

The problem is that the North face is the same size as the South face and cools as much as it is larger. :frown:

The idea, why not put on the north side a few meters in the garden, large adjustable mirrors for example to reflect the sun on the north side and thus create a "second South". For the bad season only : Mrgreen:
A+
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 20/02/09, 15:13

You have to be able to do it but it seems a super good idea. In addition question brightness, it must be nice.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 20/02/09, 15:43

Hmm, I would say that the sun is too low in winter; the mirrors should be put too far away .. :?
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
candas1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by candas1 » 20/02/09, 15:48

Or maybe elevate them ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 20/02/09, 18:07

You just have to build the house on the North Pole. She will be south on all sides : Mrgreen:

Otherwise there is the possibility of making an embankment on the north facade to protect the house. With a green roof terrace you recover from the surface, you access it by the slope of the embankment and you isolate both cold and heat in summer.

But hey, it depends if you have already built, if a plan was already made with an architect, a building permit filed etc ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Flytox

by Flytox » 20/02/09, 18:56

Hello ex-oceano
former oceanic wrote:You just have to build the house on the North Pole. She will be south on all sides : Mrgreen:

Excellent against example Image

Otherwise there is the possibility of making an embankment on the north facade to protect the house. With a green roof terrace you recover from the surface, you access it by the slope of the embankment and you isolate both cold and heat in summer.

But hey, it depends if you have already built, if a plan was already made with an architect, a building permit filed etc ...

There are doors and windows on the north side, so it is rather to be taken as a textbook case, see if the idea can lead to something achievable on the existing for example. Is it something that can hold up or should be forgotten quickly?
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 20/02/09, 19:03

But no it makes sense.

And why should the same house built at the South Pole be colder than the one built at the North Pole? Image

:?:

Because all the walls would be to the North Image

More seriously, the idea does not seem to me so absurd because we heat a wall that would be cold and that will store some calories.
If you can add a glazing in front, it would be both cold insulation and greenhouse effect. If we do not push to the Trombe wall (glazing, black color, thickness to store heat, air circulation system ...) this would make an 'active' exterior insulation.

And in summer, you hide the mirrors and the glazing partially insulates from the summer heat. Come on, let's dare! : Arrow: You put a ventilation system so that at night in summer you cool the wall slightly and therefore air condition your house.
Last edited by Former Oceano the 20 / 02 / 09, 19: 11, 1 edited once.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 20/02/09, 19:08

So then, I had this idea, deemed absurd by my wife, this beginning of the week. I had planned to publish it here this WE.

In my case, I have a veranda to the north that I do not heat during the very cold period (air / air heat pump at COP not very favorable at low outdoor temperature). It's nice in summer because it never overheats. In winter, it isolates my north facade because it covers 2/3 of this facade. But to consider it as a living room, no other solution than wasting energy to heat it. Hence my idea of ​​heating it by reflecting indirect solar radiation using mirrors.

In fact, to benefit from the winter sun, it is indeed necessary to place the mirrors far enough from the house, otherwise they are in the shade.

In addition, I do not know if you can find recovery mirrors, large enough, resistant to frost and weather, and not too heavy (if you want to make them mobile).
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 20/02/09, 19:27

Hello Korben Dallas
Korben Dallas wrote:So then, I had this idea, deemed absurd by my wife, this beginning of the week. I had planned to publish it here this WE.

It was Lilou who whispered it to me ..... (anything!) It's an idea that has been beating me for a long time. For your veranda, gaining a few degrees would allow you to gain a room more time in the year. These will be a good plan if it works enough of course.

In addition, I do not know if you can find recovery mirrors, large enough, resistant to frost and weather, and not too heavy (if you want to make them mobile).

The reflective part on the back of the mirror is damaged relatively quickly outside, if it is not protected. I guess painting should be enough to fix the problem.
A+
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 20/02/09, 19:45

Hello,

Not that stupid!
But instead of the mirror I would rather put mylar of the type:
http://www.lesjardinsencascade.com/fr/C ... r/v,4.html
It is much cheaper and as effective ..........

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!