Fire pit with log loading from behind?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
green
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Fire pit with log loading from behind?

by green » 23/01/11, 12:17

Hello,
I searched the net without success and therefore I ask you once again.
I make a nice corner in the house and I look for an insert or log fireplace to heat this space.
There will be 2 radiators on fuel oil boiler and the fireplace will be there for pleasure and therefore I do not want (as for the fireplace in the living room) to carry the wood around the house, sow it everywhere and struggle as much with the ashes ...
As behind a wall in the living room there is the wood reserve, the idea is to install a wall-mounted fireplace against this wall, with a window or glass door in front and a "service door" behind to put the logs and remove the ashes through a passage in the wall.
Here, I hope to have made myself understood, so if you have tips, I'm interested.
Thank you in advance.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/01/11, 17:15

Uh, I can pretty much see the idea. I do not believe that this exists on the market, personally I have never seen ...

Any "square" wood stove (that is to say of traditional shape) with smoke outlet upwards + small mounting to embed it would be suitable for heating but you will not have a glass door in front and the performances heating would be reduced (partial built-in).

Otherwise you have to make it even to measure ... as some people make bread ovens. It's not that complicated.

The problems I see is that:

a) you will lose a lot of energy on the other side of the wall that the stove will also heat
b) this assembly will constitute a thermal bridge (if the wood reserve is not isolated)

Finally, I think that a good basket with a good waterproof fabric bag will solve the wood dirt problem much more easily ... right?
0 x
green
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by green » 23/01/11, 19:01

If it exists, a member of this forum (fc89) has a photo gallery where these come from:
front view: Image

Rear view: Image

where you can see the glass behind the logs.

I sent her a mp and I'm waiting.
the double door inserts that I found have glass doors on each side, at worst I fall back on this model.
Regarding insulation, no worries, everything is thought of.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/01/11, 19:05

Ah well I was not aware ... you have not found the subject where he was talking about that?
Is there maybe the info you're looking for?
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 23/01/11, 19:11

Hello verdes.

Maybe the Octuor double-sided built-in model at Arkiane will suit you. I made it for a while in a mechanical welding workshop.
lhttp: //www.arkiane.fr/fr/cheminee-cont ... m? idPage = 3

jlg
0 x
fc89
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fc89 » 23/01/11, 19:57

Hello,

Sorry, but the email did not reach me.

What was the question?

A+
0 x
green
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by green » 23/01/11, 20:02

I'm looking for a rear-loading fireplace and it doesn't run the streets.
0 x
green
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by green » 23/01/11, 20:07

AXEAU wrote:Hello verdes.

Maybe the Octuor double-sided built-in model at Arkiane will suit you. I made it for a while in a mechanical welding workshop.
lhttp: //www.arkiane.fr/fr/cheminee-cont ... m? idPage = 3

jlg

Well, pretty models very design but the rear door is also glazed
0 x
fc89
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fc89 » 23/01/11, 20:17

Hello,

It is a Supra fireplace indeed.

My home was completely transformed, to be coupled to my oil boiler.
You will not find it commercially.
This fireplace, Supra, of about ten years, to see a little more, is fully transformable, which I did.
Rear loading, simply by unscrewing the stove plate,
and add to it the necessary for the opening.

I say no more, unless you are interested, as this is in the realm of personal transformation.

This fireplace is equipped with a water exchanger and has been in operation for more than 10 years.

A+
0 x
fc89
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fc89 » 23/01/11, 20:40

Hello,

I would even say better, aware of the disadvantages after having heated myself with wood with a fireplace in the dining room for years, I created this surface, a small building adjoining the dining room where there is the living room.

Yes, when you have to live with it every day, you have to suffer the consequences, wood is good, it is noble, but there are small disadvantages, dust, dirt on the ceiling, lots of little critters that panic our dear and tender, smells and so on ...

I do not denigrate the principle, but it must be recognized, it is not all rosy.

With that, I decided to remedy certain disadvantages, stored wood, opening the fireplace in a closed room, from real comfort, more smoke when the fireplace opened, more bugs, more black ceiling.

Up to you.

A+
0 x