Grundfos UPS 25-40-180 pump failure: it breaks and drowned!

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
newstarnord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Grundfos UPS 25-40-180 pump failure: it breaks and drowned!

by newstarnord » 13/10/20, 15:07

For an idea of ​​the lifespan, I changed one on my boiler: it was over 25 years old, it was a Wilo.
It worked 2/3 of the time, yet it was a class F (with little electronics), if you hit it it would start again.
Her condo was still good. I tried to change it, even topo, it worked episodically.

For the rest, it was no longer pumping too much, its rotation speed was no longer within specifications, even at maximum speed, and purred at times.
After the change, I appreciate the heating savings, and the efficiency of the boiler!
I replaced it with a class F with release screw.
1 x
Christophe

Re: Grundfos UPS 25-40-180 pump failure: it breaks and drowned!

by Christophe » 30/10/21, 15:41

I switched to a Biral electronics a few days ago, see: chauffage-isolation/biral-mx12-1-bloque-remplace-par-circulateur-electronique-biral-ax-25-4-180-red-t17021.html and it's quite impressive: almost no noise and consumption divided by 4 ... I imagine that the Grundfos Alpha range does the same.

(the boiler circulator of this topic is another than the biral that I just replaced)
0 x