Frost of a wooden frame house?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
eul'touk
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Frost of a wooden frame house?

by eul'touk » 02/05/11, 13:02

Hello everybody

I have a project to build a house that will start in the coming days.
The land is located in Picardy more precisely in the Aisne.

This house is in wooden frame, insulated from the inside with cellulose wadding (14cm) and wood fiber (4cm).
As a means of heating, I planned a traditional wood stove (perhaps a "Bullerjan") coupled with a VMC DF with exchanger at 90% theoretical efficiency.
The house faces south 8) with large picture windows and transoms (about 13 m² opening onto the living room) + French window for the bedrooms. There is very little opening in the North (0,7 m² of windows).

I finally come to my question :? :
How to keep the house frost-free in the event of prolonged absence (minimum 15 days) and negative temperature (up to 20 ° at night).

I can't wait to read your advice because I have a lot of ideas (by dint of browsing the web) but I'm looking for the miracle solution. Ie simple and inexpensive : Cheesy:

in advance thank you for your suggestions, at least if this topic inspires you :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/05/11, 13:08

Are you really looking for the quick fix? :D :D

Given the configuration of your house (very good insulation of the walls and orientation), the needs will really not be very important, so we can consider electricity (a few kWh by absence ... it is tolerable).

So a small electric heater with frost-free function (triggering at + 4 ° C) should be suitable. Investment: less than 30 €.

Also think, if possible about the solar inertia wall (behind the bay window facing south), see (among others): https://www.econologie.com/forums/mur-d-iner ... t8474.html

In all cases it will bring you comfort in a wooden frame house with low inertia therefore!

What else were you thinking about?
0 x
eul'touk
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by eul'touk » 04/05/11, 15:21

well, I had opted for a Canadian well or extra convectors.
Following your advice, I realize that just a radiator, type oil bath on wheels, will do the trick :P
thanks again for your post :D
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/05/11, 17:38

The effective Canadian sink solution that heats the ground below with a few holes with summer heat for the winter.
http://www.dlsc.ca/DLSC_Brochure_f.pdf
http://www.dlsc.ca
which brings the deep heat of the earth into the house and a few holes are enough for frost protection !!

However a thermal solar panel in winter must suffice if the inertia is sufficient (tiles or mass stove)
The radiator with thermostat at 6 ° C is an additional safety except if lightning in the vicinity causes the meter to trip, as happens to me quite often in my homes !!

So it is better to have several solutions in parallel.

The earth 30cm below the house is enough to keep it frost-free in Picardy.
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."