Free Cooling

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
curious 84
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Free Cooling

by curious 84 » 05/11/19, 17:52

Hello,
I live in the south of France, high temperatures are frequent and their period longer and longer ...
I plan to use my deep borehole not used to date (90 meters) to recover the coolness of the water (the drilling is fully flooded, the water must be at 13 about ..)
I saw on the internet vertical geothermal probes which would be suitable (it is about double U in PEHT of 25 ... thus 380 meters ....
I plan to place a central heating circulator
Then pass in a heat exchanger, and that's where I'm stuck.
What material could allow me to cool my large living room ...
A heater? An air conditioner wall light?
I will need you to place an automatic purge ... (A disembowler? Although the foot of the probe has one and the fluid will be brine ...)
I am seeking any help
Thanks in advance...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Free Cooling

by Ahmed » 05/11/19, 19:29

If you operate in closed circuit, according to the volume contained in your drilling, the water will more or less quickly warm up and your system will not work anymore ... In the case of the PAC water / water or water / air, the water removed is discharged outside the catchment, hence the need for sufficient flow.
In fact, why brine, since your circuit does not risk a priori frost?
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 05/11/19, 19:46

Ahmed wrote:If you operate in closed circuit, according to the volume contained in your drilling, the water will more or less quickly warm up and your system will not work anymore ...

You express the same doubts as those I expressed here:
heating-insulation / project-to-AC-ecological-production-house-t16079.html
wire that Curious 84 tried to revive iya a few days, without much success apparently.

Personally I am very skeptical .... That it works "mechanically" there is no reason, that it works over time over a hot period I doubt a little.

PS: concerning the glycol water, there is perhaps a spec. from the probe manufacturer who recommends it. But these probes are generally used in the "other direction", to recover heat in the ground in order to supply a heat pump during the winter, and there it is indeed likely to freeze without glycol.
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/11/19, 20:27

I did not look at the other wire because the air conditioning does not interest me especially, there the title was more enigmatic ... 8)
I suppose that when you say that you have doubts about how things work for a certain period of time, that's a euphemism for you because it's physically unavoidable.
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 05/11/19, 20:39

Ahmed wrote:I suppose that when you say that you have doubts about how things work for a certain period of time, that's a euphemism for you because it's physically unavoidable.

It is physically inevitable that the performance drops during prolonged use, now it can still remain "acceptable" if the "acceptable" performance criteria have not been specified .... Even if the water is at 20 ° (instead of 13) and that the temperature in the room is 30 °, it will inevitably be a little cold ..... and certainly a lot of noise!
2 x
curious 84
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by curious 84 » 05/11/19, 21:24

Thanks for the answers ... I feel less alone ...
Even if the circuit will be largely "flooded" ... The part in the clothing could in case of prolonged shutdown be subjected to frost (although in my idea this circuit could be used precisely, by making it work in winter , for frost protection of the house ...
The brine has been recommended by a pro to avoid slush .... (who can the most can the least?)

I am certain that some warming will occur (by the vicinity of pipes A and R)
But being in a cold water and with a strong dissipation, thanks to the distance (360 meters anyway) and the strong inertia of the tablecloth and the rock in which is the drilling ... I think as it is written in a message that the Delta will always be important ...
But why noisy? (Indoor air conditioning units are not very noisy and brew a large volume?)
In any case, thank you for everything ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/11/19, 21:36

It would be necessary to know which volume is concerned by the heat exchanges and it is actually rather complex. I start from the principle (quite approximate, I recognize it) that the volume of water from the borehole is limited and that it is a stock from which we hope to draw a continuous flow, which remains very limited in practice. After that, if there is a circulation of water from the water around the point of caloric sampling, it changes the situation, but how do you know?
Noise is often problematic with fan heaters ...
1 x
curious 84
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by curious 84 » 05/11/19, 21:47

Thank you Ahmed,
I think that the water circulates, it is a limestone rock with many horizontal faults ... And the water naturally flows at different levels of the hill ...
This is because I know that heaters (rather industrial ...) are noisy that I would rather try to change an air conditioner wall (there are large ...)
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 05/11/19, 21:59

curious 84 wrote:Thank you Ahmed,
I think that the water circulates, it is a limestone rock with many horizontal faults ... And the water naturally flows at different levels of the hill ...

Not understood ... your borehole is not cased? Can you describe it?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/11/19, 22:00

Yes, there are special cases with significant hydraulic flows, but I could not deduce anything from a message that did not mention this feature essential to the device envisaged.
Reducing ventilation noise requires reducing the speed of the airflow and using turbulence-minimizing systems (so instead favoring wide and low-speed blades) ...
1 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."