Fireplace and regulation? What the law says?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Fireplace and regulation? What the law says?

by Christophe » 09/01/08, 14:40

Following this topic https://www.econologie.com/forums/raccorder- ... t4557.html papi78 mentioned the problem of regulation with respect to chimney flues.

Does anyone know what the law requires to do with respect to his chimney? In case of renovation for example? Is there a difference between the ducts for wood and oil or gas? Etc., etc...

The only thing I think I know is that you have to sweep once a year ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 09/01/08, 15:58

you have to be sure of his sweeping, it is his own responsibility that is committed that's all, after that depends on the insurance, mine accepts a signature of the neighbor as I swept well.

stealing the chimney sweeping certificates will not bring the house back from its ashes ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/08, 16:00

Hu? Steal? Pkoi fly?

We just used one and I thought this certificate was a "joke" ... It really has legal value then?
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 14/01/08, 16:04

no I do not think but maybe, finally some must believe because it is a selling point?

if not to bring a wood stove on the roof, was it right to put the tube to the top? should we macerate?

here I comtpe me to make a brick mass stove, finally the conduit will be brick, with classic exit in bricks so (miter?).

but in the meantime, I intend to put my stove Jotul very good!
so exit into the room: black enamel tube, then make a hole in the large bricks that are placed on the beams, connect another tube, I am in diameter 125 so either tube 125 that I find (the old in kind of galva or rather zinc I know more) otherwise stainless seen that there is more than that available (the scam!), And finally output slate roof: remove slates, 1 or 2 battens that interfere (where are asked slates) to connect a kind of tube + hat? stainless steel I always imagine?
only problem I saw they are in diameter 180 I need a 125 / 180 fitting.

so what about all this?

does anyone have an excerpt from the DTU?

merci!
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 03/02/08, 01:23

The law says:
1. the casing can not be put to restore the integrity or stability of the duct. that means that the chimney must stand alone, it is she who supports the casing, not the opposite
we therefore tube only for:
-improve waterproofness
-reduce the section
-Avoid the bistrages

So if we are in this case, we start by removing any deposit of soot, bistre and other condensates. Indeed, the radiation will be such that these remains would fire. If it is not possible to clean everything thoroughly, the chimney is considered to be unfit for casing!

after which we can put a tube, rigid or flexible which will have to make the whole length. if it is flexible it must be of a single piece and double wall with smooth inner surface. This tube should not touch the chimney, it is necessary to maintain a space of 2cm minimum which will be ventilated by an air intake low of at least 20cm² and at the top of 5 cm².
The rain hat is also mandatory.
Here!
0 x