Godin Carvin fire: broken window

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Flintstones
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Godin Carvin fire: broken window

by Flintstones » 01/10/16, 12:53

Hello
A year ago we bought a Calvin Godin fire for € 2400 and the glass cracked in two places, after the first use, for having spoken to neighbors it turns out that one of our neighbors has had the same problem. Have you had this problem? After informing the seller his answer is, the window is not under warranty but I think it is a door problem that is difficult to close.
Thank you for your feedback and what recourse can I have? We are elderly and winter is coming
Thank you very much
0 x
Flintstones
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Fire Godin carvin

by Flintstones » 01/10/16, 12:55

Small error on the name it is a Godin carvin fire
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Fire Godin gardin

by Obamot » 01/10/16, 13:21

Hello and welcome,

Not a clue, but ...

["Joke" mode: ON] If it is for "Sciences and society", this is not the right section,
► View Text

More seriously, I would send a registered letter directly to this unscrupulous seller, if only for him to take an official position. The warranty period is 2 years in Europe (and in any case in France, it seems to me), to do this, I would invoke:
la "Warranty for defects" which is a legal provision which prevents the current guarantee from being extinguished if there is a design defect, your case is typical amha (by going on the canvas, there are indeed quite a few cases of this kind:
http://droit-finances.commentcamarche.n ... e-qui-paie
http://www.cyberbricoleur.com/index.php ... 1100092316
http://forum-juridique.net-iris.fr/immo ... ation.html
http://forum-juridique.net-iris.fr/immo ... nsert.html
http://www.forumconstruire.com/construi ... -76580.php

Because indeed, the problem is not so much that the glass is broken, or that it is not supposedly covered by the guarantee, the problem (and it is real) is that the manufacturers must solve this type of technical problem when they put on sale a new product and therefore they must take all the necessary precautions to achieve it: taking refuge behind a "reservation" of lack of warranty on a component does not hold if the manufacturer has not taken all steps to ensure that this does not happen, OR that he did not clearly and ostentatiously indicate to his customers that there was no guarantee on this type of damage (which in any case would appear weird ...)

It is therefore very strong common indications for a design defect, (charge to the seller to turn against Godin then), moreover if he is choosy, he must have a company RC? In this case argue that he runs his insurance, it will cost him nothing (and the insurance to turn against Godin.)
You can also operate your household insurance (broken glass). If you don't have one, I would take one soon enough ...

We must not give in. Courage.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Feu Godin Carvin: broken window

by Ahmed » 07/10/16, 21:41

In a rather similar kind, I had to know the case of repeated ruptures of the stone hearth of the furnace part of a "Hase" stove: it turned out that it was the wrong setting of the fixing. of the door which fractured the sole, when it (the door) expanded as it heated. Perhaps an analogous phenomenon is responsible for your troubles? (which does not absolve the seller of his responsibility, but would allow, if this were confirmed, to tackle the cause ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Feu Godin Carvin: broken window

by SixK » 08/10/16, 14:26

Should check how the glass fasteners were screwed. But when it heats up, there is a rule: you need as few constraints as possible so that the materials can expand.
In short, for the glass it is necessary to tighten so that it is waterproof, but it is necessary to tighten very very little.
Limit if you will not be, it's better! : Cheesy:

2nd rule, no thermal shock.

3rd rule no shocks.

If these 3 rules are respected and it breaks anyway, well there is probably a mounting problem, see design.

SixK
0 x
Optimists invented airplanes, parachutes pessimistic. George Bernard Shaw.
Thought personal, I understand better why the big bosses invented the golden parachute.