Solar film on windows against overheating in summer?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
JASa49
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by JASa49 » 29/10/14, 15:24

To put solar films on your windows, I advise you to go for a walk on [Moderate] they are pros, they are pretty good;)

[Commercial links are prohibited ...] Flytox moderation
0 x
Christophe

Re: Solar film on windows against overheating in summer?

by Christophe » 27/06/17, 15:25

Up weather : Cheesy:
0 x
Vahatra David
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Vahatra David » 08/03/21, 10:44

The solar film protects us against UV radiation. Online stores like Solar Film offer a wide choice.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 08/03/21, 11:39

[Commercial links are prohibited ...]
1 x
LOGIC12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by LOGIC12 » 16/01/22, 09:42

Hello, Even if the post is old, it is still relevant.

Indeed, these "water-bonded" films, which allow the air to be expelled and adhere, will increase the compression of the argon inside the double glazing and the thermal amplitude will be increased between the temperature in full sun and at night. The compression-retraction phenomenon is increased by the fact that this film reduces the cooling by the interior glass, and this degrades the seals: argon will escape, air will penetrate and there will be fog between the two panes. The life of these windows is considerably reduced. FOR a house, the purchase and installation of current windows with rolling shutters costs the value of an average car, it seems to me that it is worth not "trashing" them.

Tenants should have written permission from the landlord to install such systems which are unconventional, but they give themselves the permission and do not respect anything, and pretend not to understand. and the owner finds himself with completely damaged windows, and it happened incidentally, he can't do much. There would be only the possible breakage which could be refunded perhaps by the insurances.

Well, it is better to think twice before installing such accessories, or else you should not be surprised if the double glazing is damaged prematurely, you should not find out why.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/01/22, 11:31

LOGIC12 wrote: these "water-bonded" films, which allow the air to be expelled and adhere, will increase the compression of the argon inside the double glazing and the thermal amplitude will be increased between the temperature in direct sunlight and that of the night. The compression-retraction phenomenon is increased by the fact that this film reduces the cooling by the interior glass, and this degrades the seals: argon will escape, air will penetrate and there will be fog between the two panes. The life of these windows is considerably reduced.
Is this confirmed by scientific studies, observed facts? or just a hunch?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 16/01/22, 13:50

We require a randomized double-blind study on the possible damage that thermal films could cause on double glazing. Otherwise, trash. : Twisted:
2 x
LOGIC12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by LOGIC12 » 16/01/22, 14:20

The characteristics of the window are modified, and the manufacturers who have not provided for this parasitic plastic, decline all responsibility and cancel the manufacturer's guarantee.

It's not hard to understand, but there must be sellers of these products who would be more acceptable if they protected the glazing from the outside. And the merchant sites that advertise are not disinformation, and minimize by saying that "it's stuck in the water", which suggests harmless, of course, there is no glue and c is the least of things.

It's not worth joking, it's not me who would clutter my windows with this stuff. We pretend not to understand, that is to say, we play the donkey to get some sound.

Not to mention that with anti vis à vis films, it's like being in prison, but that doesn't matter, it's the accelerated degradation that counts.
1 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 16/01/22, 14:24

LOGIC12 wrote:It's not worth joking, it's not me who would clutter my windows with this stuff. We pretend not to understand, that is to say, we play the donkey to get some sound.

A quick search on the net shows that you're right, I didn't care about the face of the other moron who answered you a dung which he has the secret. : Mrgreen:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/01/22, 15:41

Yeah! It is only recommended to apply the film outside... Useless if the double glazing is low emissivity
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."