Filling boiler HS France innova 30

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
boomcox
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Filling boiler HS France innova 30

by boomcox » 17/11/22, 19:22

Hello,
There are two circuits: the wood boiler heats the tank with its own circulator and the gas boiler circuit which goes into the radiators.
What I don't know yet is how to connect the gas boiler to the balloon. I have two possibilities: either it is connected to the "big" orifices of the balloon, or I use the coil at the top (the balloon has two of them). In the latter case, the coil may not be big enough to heat the water.

I think I'll open another post for that.

Good night

Nicolas
0 x
boomcox
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by boomcox » 17/11/22, 19:26

Phil59, I had not seen your message. In fact, in the tank, there is another tank for the sanitary which must be 150 liters which heats up by contact with the heating water.
It is for this reason that I may connect the gas boiler to the top coil.

Good night

Nicolas
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/11/22, 21:19

boumbocox wrote:Hello,
There are two circuits: the wood boiler heats the tank with its own circulator and the gas boiler circuit which goes into the radiators.

What I understand is that the wood boiler directly heats the water in the tank, without a coil. But that it does not supply water directly to the heating circuit (radiators), these being supplied by a dedicated circuit including the gas boiler?
boumbocox wrote:What I don't know yet is how to connect the gas boiler to the balloon. I have two possibilities: either it is connected to the "big" orifices of the balloon, or I use the coil at the top (the balloon has two of them). In the latter case, the coil may not be big enough to heat the water.

But to whom are these two streamers (initially) dedicated? One can imagine that the lower one is designed to collect calories from solar thermal water. But the top one?
0 x
boomcox
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by boomcox » 20/11/22, 08:24

Indeed the lower one is dedicated to a solar water heater for example, the upper one, I don't really know. I hesitate to connect the gas boiler to this coil, because I'm afraid that the heat exchange is too short: that the water doesn't have time to heat up.

Have a good day

Nicolas
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/11/22, 09:58

A few pictures and a diagram could help us help you...

Well-designed solar (thermal) tanks are equipped with 3 energy sources:

a) solar coil at the bottom
b) 2nd energy coil at the top (source hotter than the solar)
c) electrical complement

This is the case with mine that I transformed last year into a thermodynamic balloon, you can clearly see the connection on the top coil and the electrical resistance on the 1st photo: water-pumping-filtration / transforming-a-solar-DHW-tank-into-thermodynamic-water-heater-with-a-small-swimming-pool-t17035.html
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/11/22, 16:17

boumbocox wrote:Indeed the lower one is dedicated to a solar water heater for example, the upper one, I don't really know. I hesitate to connect the gas boiler to this coil, because I'm afraid that the heat exchange is too short: that the water doesn't have time to heat up.

As Christophe says, a photo or two and a diagram of what you plan to do would help.
Personally, I understood that the wood boiler (the "primary") circulates directly in an open loop on the contents of the balloon without going through a coil and only heats the water in the balloon, without participating directly in the heating of the house. which is made by a "secondary" loop, comprising the gas boiler and the radiators, with a connection to be determined allowing this secondary loop to draw calories from the tank.
And there you are asking yourself the question of how to connect this secondary loop to the tank, either directly on its contents, or via an already existing submerged serpentine exchanger.
A priori, passing through a coil would seem to me likely to smooth out sudden temperature variations which could be detrimental to the proper functioning of the "secondary" system. But it's a bit on the wet finger...

But how do you plan to make it work in terms of regulation? Between "all tank" operation, mixed "tank+gas boiler" operation and possibly "all gas boiler" operation?

Edit: I also think I understood that the wood boiler would work rather by "batch", in a discontinuous way, and therefore with significant variations in the operating temperatures in the balloon.
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/11/22, 19:17

The boiler only in a serpentine, I can't believe it!

For me, the 1500L of water serves as a direct reserve for the boiler!

A wood-fired boiler, in my opinion, you burn for one or two days, it doesn't work continuously.

My stove, yes, but only 7.5 kWh with water...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
boomcox
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by boomcox » 20/11/22, 19:41

I would do a freehand crobar but in fact the water from the wood boiler goes directly into the balloon,
the water from the gas boiler (at the inlet) comes either directly from the balloon or from a coil which is in the balloon.

I would make a diagram, it will be more explicit.

In any case, it's cool that you are interested in my case.

Good night
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/11/22, 21:07

At home, no serpentine, everything mixes in the ball, probably not at the top, but it works!
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/11/22, 21:37

phil59 wrote:At home, no serpentine, everything mixes in the ball, probably not at the top, but it works!

It is very good! Do you have a diagram of your installation, it could help our friend boumbocox?
0 x