erratic temperatures inner probe / outdoor OKOFEN

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Dams38
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Dams38 » 23/04/14, 06:30

For use after the first winter of installation: do not look for high precision but at 0.5C ready it manages the temperature, and above all it cuts the heating when the solar heaters heat the room, it is much more efficient to my side than playing with the outside temperature setpoint because I have a largely glazed living room.

I abandoned the calibration of the outdoor probe because I have the same problem ... we settle on one point, and it shifts for another ... So I tried to find the best compromise.

Be careful however with the reference measurement, my weather station is far from being precise, similarly the measurement point can greatly influence the value ... at home of several C. 2 electronic thermometers give me the same value as the boiler and the weather station is offset by 2C !!!

The probe being placed on a wall, in general it measures more the temperature of the wall than the ambient temperature.

So I'm not 100% satisfied but it does the trick to save on heating in good weather.

On the electronic side, the principle of analog measurement on wires of several meters and by mixing the control of the boiler by resistance switching on the same wire is far from being great art ... so do not expect to miracles ...

Check the tightness of the connections in the probe and the regulation box. It played tricks on me several times during my tests!

And like you, I never ever touch the dial or the command ... otherwise it oscillates for a moment before stabilizing with a new offset temperature.
0 x
15 Okofen Pellematic 13kw (flanged 2011kw)
Chaboum
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chaboum » 24/04/14, 00:42

Did67 wrote:I can only say that my "old" wired probe obeys the finger and the eye since the beginning of 2008 ...

This is what I do not understand: why can it "work" very well ?? how to do ??

what do you mean by "old wired probe" ?? Because me too is a wired probe, sold by Okofen as a wired ...

to Diams38: neither am I looking for accuracy to within 0.5 ° !! I would just like the outdoor probe to tell the truth to within 2 °! and ESPECIALLY that the dial of this room thermostat is used for qq thing: I am cold I turn to the right and it heats up more, I am hot I turn to the left and it drops !! Her goal isn't? if not what is it used for ????? PS: this thermostat was already changed at the very beginning to see if ...... but no, it never changed anything.
So my question: is this a problem that only Diams38, christina86 and I have ???

if you too have the same symptoms, please let us know !! well, if we're alone, then nobody will want to take care of us .... : Cry:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/04/14, 10:44

Precision therefore:

- I'm not talking about the external probe; this one, I never calibrated / checked it; It has no importance, provided that it "follows" the variations in external temperatures; you just have to set the curve parameters correctly [let me explain: if the curve is set to give 20 ° internal when it is "apparently" + 5 ° outside, it does not matter whether it is only + 3 ° or q ' ilo is + 7 or + 8 °; the adjustment of a heating curve is to have the right proportionality between the external temp and the leaving water temperature so that the setpoint is obtained inside]

This probe is also wired at home.

- I'm talking about the room sensor, which is in my living room [often mistakenly called a "thermostat"]; this is the wired model on sale in 2007: a gray box, with a dial; on the bottom right, a 3-position toggle button: up = auto on - depending on the programming; flat = stop; down = "forced comfort" mode called reception mode more recently]; the wheel modifies the setpoint, at the regulation level ; it does not act directly on the boiler (that's why it is not a "thermostat"); in other words if, in the "middle" position of the dial, I have a set point of 20 ° (= "I want it to be 20 °"), by turning to the right, the set point "rises" (up to 23 °), by turning to the left, the setpoint, at the regulation level, decreases (up to 17 °).

So this is fine act indirectly, on the deposit. The regulation (included in the box in the boiler) will recalculate its flow temperature to comply, always by sliding (therefore not immediately), the new desired interior temperature (new instruction: eg 22 ° instead of 20 °).

Must go see on regulation if this wheel works properly. In my house, it is on the top of the coin, question deposit. I am set to 20 ° in the middle position. If I put 3 large notches on the right and I will read my instructions on the regulation, it is 23 °.

This does not mean that my internal temperature is "right on the mark". Other factors come into play: other contributions, wind, inertia of the house, etc ... !!! But this is linked to the very principle of climate regulation. Not a probe malfunction.

Do not forget that we are in "climate" regulation ; that the flow temperature - which controls the heating - is firstly regulated according to the outside temperature; that it is permanently variable; that it is "slippery" (it is not "all or nothing"; it is: "I send the water for example at 37 °, then at 40 then at 45 ° - on the assumption that it gets colder and colder outside OR in the event that we turn the dial to the right to be warmer)

In addition, this probe also indicates the internal temperature. And there, once again, in fact, there may be deviations from what a thermometer indicates: as said by Dams38, the probe, placed in a box against a wall, records both the temperature of the wall and that of the air. So I frequently have discrepancies with a sort of "weather" station placed elsewhere, on a shelf. But that's normal. Two same thermometers, placed in these two places, would also give different measurements ...

So this is what I mean by "pile hair"!

The whole point is that it "moves" in the right direction. And there, the "erratic" measures noted by some are puzzling. And are not understandable deviations. It remains a mystery to me.
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/04/14, 10:48

chaboum wrote:
This is what I do not understand: why can it "work" very well ??

That it can work very well is still normal!

Why sometimes it doesn't work: that's the question and the mystery ??? The Chrsitina case is even more disturbing: even after replacement, it does not work !!!

I had suspected a batch of defective "chinoiseries" [I had bought a batch of 10 Chinese LEDs of which 9 worked more after a winter!] And had written it down. Okofen France replied no, that it is an Austrian manufacture whose quality meets European standards!
0 x
Chaboum
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chaboum » 24/04/14, 23:57

Thank you Did67, I understood everything you told me, we talked about it a few months / years ago. I totally agree with you, yes this internal probe (same model as you) modifies the setpoint of the regul, yes yes !!
Except that, when I turn the dial to the right or to the left, if I look at the temperature given to the regul: it is anything !!
It's 20 °, I'm cold, I turn the dial to the right: I'm going to read on the regulator of the boiler: it says ambience temp 23 for example: and there it does not send hot water, does not change any setpoint in the water temperature to be sent: on the contrary !! she sees that it is quite hot, even too much, so she waits !!! and she waits a long time !!! well yes, during this time (qq hours) the actual room temperature can drop a lot more before the regul sends hot water !! so we curdle when we asked to be warmer !!!
and it's completely random, unexpected as the temperature given to the regulator depending on the position of the dial, we turn a millimeter and it changes everything !! whether right, or left.
Yes me too, this probe has been changed !! and once again, I'm not asking for a "hair pile", I just wish it worked for me as you seem to say it works for you !!
Ditto for the outdoor sensor !! yes yes the curve being well adjusted, you say that you have not checked it, and that no importance but PROVIDED THAT this follows the variations in outside temperature !! EXACTLY !!! that's the problem !!! the probe is not able to follow the variations of outside temp !! it's 15 ° real outside, the probe says 13 ° (well no problem, we don't care about these 2 degrees of deviation), but when the actual outdoor temperature is -15 °, the probe says -2 ° !!! that's the problem !!!!! if it was a deviation of 2 ° always it would be good !! but no ,!!!!!
I don't know if you understand ...
0 x
christina86
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by christina86 » 25/04/14, 01:38

Did67 wrote:
... this is the wired model on sale in 2007: a gray box, with a dial; on the bottom right, a 3-position toggle button: up = auto on - depending on the programming; flat = stop; down = "forced comfort" mode called reception mode more recently]; the wheel modifies the setpoint, at the regulation level ; it does not act directly on the boiler (that's why it is not a "thermostat"); in other words if, in the "middle" position of the dial, I have a set point of 20 ° (= "I want it to be 20 °"), by turning to the right, the set point "rises" (up to 23 °), by turning to the left, the setpoint, at the regulation level, decreases (up to 17 °).
[...]
I am set to 20 ° in the middle position. If I put 3 large notches on the right and I will read my instructions on the regulation, it is 23 °.

I have another model (I got it in 2011):
1) four positions - off, reduced, auto, comfort
2) dial on the left = ambient -5 ° setpoint, on the right, + 5 °
and this does not modify the set point directly, but if we turn to the right to get hotter, it indicates a temp. lower than reality at the regulator which therefore sends the hotter water: eg. (in theory!) if I have 19 in neutral position and I want to have 22, I turn three points to the right and there we read on the regulator that it is 16 ° ambient - the instruction displayed on the regulator remaining at 19 ° - and therefore it recalculates to send the hotter water. In principle...
- at home, despite calibration attempts, I'm already on the right so that it indicates the actual temp ... (I deactivated it, it only does a thermometer)
- and at chaboum it does the opposite, there it is even more bleak, that's why I was talking about inverted wires ... (it seems to be the model before)

I'm putting a photo of the probe (with polystyrene behind), and one of the regulator at the same time:

Image Image

and one of the thermometer, classic (for the baths in silver photo)
(the weather stations are just nonsense: in the store I made the guys do tests - the same models, side by side, gave deviations of 4 ° ... well it was a promo, but I left him ...

0 x
christina86
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by christina86 » 25/04/14, 02:58

chaboum wrote:It's 20 °, I'm cold, I turn the dial to the right: I'm going to read on the regulator of the boiler: it says ambience temp 23 for example: and there it does not send hot water, does not change any setpoint in the water temperature to be sent: on the contrary !! she sees that it is quite hot, even too much, so she waits !!!

it therefore behaves rather like mine, except upside down ...
not like that of Did who gives an instruction ("I want it to be 23") while mine gives an ambient temp. lower to increase the hot water flow setpoint

Chaboum, have you tried to deactivate it a few days?
(anyway since it is useless and it is better not to touch it ...)
At home I have no more temp yoyos since, must say that my heating curve is in the hair, I have all the time 19 and do not feel the need to go up, anyway I have too much inertia at home

Ditto for the outdoor sensor !! yes yes the curve being well adjusted, you say that you have not checked it, and that no importance but PROVIDED THAT this follows the variations in outside temperature !! EXACTLY !!! that's the problem !!! the probe is not able to follow the variations of outside temp !! it's 15 ° real outside, the probe says 13 ° (well no problem, we don't care about these 2 degrees of deviation), but when the actual outdoor temperature is -15 °, the probe says -2 ° !!! that's the problem !!!!! if it was a deviation of 2 ° always it would be good !! but no ,!!!!!
I don't know if you understand ...

Chaboum, if the heating curve is adjusted with respect to your external probe, it does not matter that it is false, provided of course that your probe always has the same deviation scale (i.e. not a blow -15 ° = -2 and another day -15 = -8 for example).
This would only be a problem the day you change the external sensor - there you would have to readjust the heating curve. You understand ?

And for a well-adjusted heating curve, you must deactivate the room sensor, otherwise you will never find the right one ... Was this done originally?
Maybe not, in which case your internal probe must always correct a posteriori and that makes yoyos (unlike pure climate control (only on an external probe) - or delay times, as long as your house is inertial enough - and then you feel the need to "raise" the temperature.

the yoyos, the sensations of cold, it is because as soon as the probe detects too hot (your hysteresis is how much?), it cuts the heating (instead of sending less hot), and there we will have to wait for that go down one degree below the setpoint before it starts again ... and -1 ° it feels!

Believe me, it is much more stable / more comfortable without the internal probe * ... it sends more or less hot water all the time, without cutting and therefore without it going down 1 ° below the setpoint (except if the heating limit at outdoor temp is reached).

* finally, this is true for a house not too colander with drafts on days of strong winds (if we fear the cold) and without large bay windows to the south (if we fear the heat) ...
0 x
Chaboum
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chaboum » 25/04/14, 23:12

OOOOps !! fault !!!

my probe is the same model as you Christina86
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/04/14, 09:01

As a reminder, I don't have the same regulation either! I have the old gray TEM!

My antiques seem to understand each other!

And, by the way, me too, it's - 5 ° to + 5 °.
0 x
Dams38
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Dams38 » 26/04/14, 09:45

Or what activity on this subject :-)

With me new regulation and the same probe as Did67 in photo.

For Chaboum, a stupid question but hey you never know, Does the regulation respond to the command of the button on the interior probe "stop, comfort, ..."

During my installation I was wrong and I had made a room probe instead of "automatic search" and it gave the impression of working (Temperature displayed on the control of the regulation) but it was completely delusional in terms of values ​​and of course the state of the boiler remained unchanged despite the button modifications.

Otherwise this year I did not have a large temperature amplitude on the outdoor probe so I could not see if I had such a large difference ...- 15 instead of -2. But from my recollection, the difference I had noticed was at the maximum of qq degrees (5 at the max I would say)

The KTY11-6 one-component infineon sensor is an 2K thermistor that can be found relatively easily in online retailers in Europe (Farnell or other shipping costs) or in China (utsource). find documentation on Google by typing KTY11-6. A priori it would be sufficient to check the resistance at the terminals of the outdoor probe at a given temperature to see if it shit ... on the other hand it is necessary to turn off the boiler and there is always a risk of making a dumpling .... so I I've never been risky for a few degrees of difference
0 x
15 Okofen Pellematic 13kw (flanged 2011kw)