Air inlet via the contour of the roller shutter box

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/02/12, 20:01

there are only two cm between the wall and the chest where you can feel fresh air if you slip your hand in it.

these 2 cm are totally inadmissible for a new apartment, and we must demand to redo the right dimensions all the trunk so that there is no space at all, less than the mm, as I had, even in the 1970s, and not just patching up with clogging that will crack !!!
The trunk must be insulated inside too !!
0 x
GreG2MarS13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by GreG2MarS13 » 15/02/12, 20:06

sorry what i meant is that the chest is well affixed to the front wall but close to the left wall, two cm. but the air comes on the left side of the trunk, where it is stuck to the front wall.

I will send you pictures after
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/02/12, 20:12

A real carpenter must take the right dimensions and saw correctly without errors, in all directions, so always unacceptable !!!
0 x
GreG2MarS13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by GreG2MarS13 » 15/02/12, 21:25

Here, on this first image of the living room, we see the box on the side and the small space (among others) where it passes air.

For that of the bedroom, it is the same leak but seen as it is positioned, it is difficult to access.

And losses like that there are also on the top more than on the sides.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/02/12, 22:21

Pig work in a hurry !!!
The chests must be insulated with a thick insulation and not a colander with drafts and cold, in modern houses !!!!
0 x
GreG2MarS13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by GreG2MarS13 » 15/02/12, 23:41

and if they don't want to change the insulation and just patch up the leaks with a spray gun, wouldn't that be enough?
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 16/02/12, 09:07

no, if you can borrow a thermal camera you will see the job they have done and the points to improve.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/02/12, 13:35

A thermometer glued against the trunk can also tell if it is colder than against the exterior walls, especially in extreme cold.

Otherwise you have to open the shutter box to see the pig's work inside, if there is essential insulation according to current standards 2005 at least !!!
This box must be able to open to repair the shutter if necessary.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/12, 13:50

GreG2MarS13 wrote:not promised because I specify that I posted this message on 3 others forums found on search engine in the same theme and that I had no answer on the others. You were the only ones to answer and I owe you that.

Yep, it's because we're the best !! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: Welcome here!

I saw about 2 weeks ago, an advertisement for an a posteriori sealing system for roller shutter boxes (which constitute in 99% of cases thermal bridges / sources of air leaks ...). .

It was a kind of cylinder split in its length in flexible insulating material which came to surround the shutter in the box to isolate the interior from the exterior ...

It also reduced the space of the shutter exit slot ...

For your problem, just attach to the silicone right?

ps: in the end I even have doubts if the losses of the box are not greater than the gains brought by the closed shutter in the case of a box not thermally optimized.

I have one, installed in 2009, with ... 2 times 0.5 cm barely of expanded polystyrene insulation, or nothing at all ... It is installed as yours: interior wall ... I had thought to make an insulating "formwork" of the box but never done ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/02/12, 14:15

.2 times 0.5 cm barely expanded polystyrene insulation

it is better than nothing at all with leaks, (very usual) and 1 to 3cm of insulation, these are losses comparable to double glazing approximately.

Send a registered letter to request compensation for all poor workmanship as part of the completion guarantee (one to two years) and ask your home defense and multi-risk insurance to act, insurance expert, then take legal action referred if without rapid response.
0 x