Parasite air inlet

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Parasite air inlet

by netshaman » 28/01/11, 21:22

Today I turned on the extractor hood because I had a pizza to bake in the oven.
What was my surprise when I noticed that there was a parasitic air inlet just behind the electrical panel highlighted by the depression generated by the hood: wouaou she sucks damn it!
How do I get rid of this "leak" please?
Since I can't take this @ * # § & * table apart !!!
Well yes it is the one on which the main EDF circuit breaker is fixed and which is lead GRrrrrr ....
I thought of drilling holes and injecting foam into them, but in my opinion it's playing with fire!
An idea because otherwise I can say goodbye to my vmc DF!
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 29/01/11, 09:58

When I moved into my new apartment, with VMC, I immediately noticed abnormal air movements: leaks mainly coming from:
- electrical outlets (corrected by injection of polyurethane foam at the back of the connection boxes)
-slits between the interior insulation and the ceiling and slab (corrected by masticating when repairing the upholstery)
-the flow of toilets (the passage of the pipe was not blocked and communicated with my garage! = buttocks frozen in winter ...
In short I do not see where the problem is in your case, there is no need to drill holes just to insert the tube of the foam canister and to press on the valve (go soft if you do not want to have it everywhere because it expands a lot and it sticks) ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 29/01/11, 11:33

You could maybe take the photo for us, it will be more explicit to be able to give you ideas ...
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/01/11, 12:54

In France we have drafty houses that make Canadians laugh !!

Can be carefully drilled a hole in the side of the wall, to inject wet soft paper that hardens dry or foam against the insulated wires ??????????????????????????????????

If you are well insulated for the hands and the body, the electric current in wet paper is not very strong and even less for the foam.
0 x
LOGIC12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

air leaks

by LOGIC12 » 29/01/11, 19:25

hello: an extractor hood, a VMC put the house in depression. So the air tries to enter through all the passages it finds, this is quite normal.

Personally, I have a house from 1975 with 5 cm LV wall insulation, floor insulation under the slab (garage ceiling)
attic isolated on the ground and under the roof.

<I don't have VMC, and no condensation problem, the rooms are quite large, that helps.

I have two hygrometers that vary from 20 to 45% depending on the weather outside.

I ventilate by turning on my extractor hood fully (300 m3 / HOUR, or 5 m3 / minute) and I open a single window wide at a time for 3 or 4 minutes, every day.
I save the 20% of heating lost by a simple CMV.
I'm trying to fix air leaks, but by tolerating it a bit, I don't want to live in a thermos.
0 x
manitou22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by manitou22 » 29/01/11, 20:11

Hello,
to dismantle an EDF meter without unplugging it, you break the masonry around the fixing screws in the wall. When you have practiced the filling, you drill larger holes in diameter where the screws must enter the wall, you fill them with quick-setting plaster, you re-glue your table while keeping it tight, it's that simple only that. voili, voilou
A+
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 29/01/11, 22:38

LOGIC 12 wrote:
I have two hygrometers that vary from 20 to 45% depending on the weather outside.

In my humble opinion, that seems way too low to me.

Normal humidity in a house is 45% to 65%
For sensitive people this is between 45% and 55%

I also have an electronic hygrometer with a little figure that smiles between 45% and 65%, and makes faces outside of those values.
There is no condensation in my house.
In the kitchen, I have a hygrometric extractor, and its minimum setting is 60%. That of the bathroom can go down to 30%,
It is set at 55% and starts as soon as I start to take my shower
0 x