Heat exchanger for wood stove

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
ouflala
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Heat exchanger for wood stove

by ouflala » 12/09/17, 17:07

Bonjour,

go hop I get started!

I am in Marseille, so the heating period is not very long and the temperatures do not drop very low for a long time.
I specify that my house is very well insulated (ITE + cellulose wadding in R8 in the attic, double glazed windows etc etc ...)
It's a renovation my house dates from 1960.

Here is my project, I have a wood stove (Jotul 520) which will heat my ground floor of my house (70m²)
I would like to make it heat a liquid which I will send by pipes in a wall to make a heating wall on my 1st floor (70m²)

My question is about the heat exchange to achieve.
I am hesitating between
1) pass a copper pipe between the heating body of my stove and the fairing
problem: feasible but not much space and limited pipe length.
2) At the bottom of my stove I have a larger but more compact space. I do not know if I could not put a balloon or a heat exchanger there. But then is the circulator able to push the water if I put a balloon or a heat exchanger?

Here I start in the reflection of my project thank you in advance.

I saw on site exchangers on chimney flues, at first I do not care too much because of the unsightly side ... I like rather get for the 1 or 2 ...

Thank you for your advice and return!

Oufllala
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."