Project heating wood and solar heating

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/02/11, 18:06

dedeleco wrote:This heating engineer who recommends the electric boiler instead of the Canadian well cap has how much experience and facilities? !!
Look at his former clients to see if there is a risk of a problem?
The usual Canadian well is a narrow version of storage in the ground where we wait for storage to be done on its own and not very optimal in terms of earthworks !!

I have the experience of an architect who is good at seeing his achievements, which turned out to be less good than appearance and I won a lawsuit against this architect !!

So it is good to be wary and difficult not to have mistakes, In my opinion almost impossible after 4 old real estate experiences !!

Hi Dede!

Preheating the water entering the electric boiler will greatly reduce consumption, which is already a step in the right direction!
It can always improve afterwards!

This Canadian well that you use in Europe is not used here Canada for a very simple reason of colder climate and that does not agree with the project of Mathieu!
:|
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/02/11, 18:24

Alain G wrote:Hmmm! This is not what I see when reading the whole subject again! [...]

In its place, would you not be disappointed with the responses received? [...]

Peace my friend!

Damn ... when I didn't want to answer anymore ^^
The fright comes rather from the rest. ^^
Let's see that ...: here is finally someone who embarks on self-construction, with the added bonus of a good choice as regards the collection of thermal energy from solar and who moreover has a sufficient surface to do this .... but which just at the end of the course makes a sort of "U" turn, to ultimately adopt solutions
many very complicated, with capilotracted yields - under the pretext that the solution of storage in the ground would not be proven - while geothermal energy has been used for centuries, that it is a reliable economic energy sustainable and non-polluting. So yes, it makes me drop the socks ^^

mathieu444 wrote:No, I don't come with my fixed ideas, but I come here with what I want for my house, isn't that how it should be done?

Everyone does what they want, but isn't it a bit premature to have an opinion on everything, without having bothered to make calculations !?

mathieu444 wrote:I recognize the merits of storage in the ground, but I find it just too complicated for me (and for many people I think since it does not yet exist in France).

Why these decisions? On what basis of reflection, what location and what annual sunshine curve? For what investments and what results? Have all of these basic questions been answered in this thread? No! It is therefore at the very least premature to choose a path to follow.

But when you tell us despite everything that you are looking for, it seems to me on the contrary that it is a solution which is naturally necessary when we go in this direction ...
Because when you are committed to a siding, the investments will have been made and the returns will not be there ... there yes it will become very complicated, because it will still have to amortize the investments ....
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/02/11, 18:35

Obamot

Geothermal energy must be connected to a heat pump unless it is near a geothermal source, which is not the case for Mathieu!

I do not understand why we simply do not respond to the request of Mathieu's project by providing the answers he requests without wanting to impose on him what he does not need or want!

I hope you understand my point of view (and yours)!
:?

The floor must be well done because we can not start again and for the rest we can always improve according to our budget!
0 x

Alain
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/02/11, 18:49

I had already answered precisely the title of this thread, by saying that a wooden floor did not offer the thermal conductivity which was good for underfloor heating. From then on, all other options became valid!

Some tracks in my previous post. There is therefore no question of taking the discussion where the author of a thread would not want to go. It would not be very honest! It's just a question of asking the right questions and being pragmatic .....!

Alain G wrote:Geothermal energy must be connected to a heat pump unless it is near a geothermal source

If you have ideas on the question, I would be very grateful to you to share it with everyone in this thread:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/stockage-e ... 70-30.html
Last edited by Obamot the 25 / 02 / 11, 19: 00, 1 edited once.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/02/11, 18:57

Obamot wrote:Some tracks in my previous post. There is no question of taking the discussion where the author of a thread would not want to go. It would not be very honest! It's just a question of asking the right questions and being pragmatic .....!

The idea is not to tell him that what I am offering him will work perfectly at first but rather to take the project by priority step (especially what cannot be taken up) and improved thereafter always according to his budget, what will be done will not harm the final product and can always be improved later without starting all over again.

He specified that he has a tight budget and we offer him overpriced solutions, what can I add? :|
0 x

Alain
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/02/11, 19:09

... well, if the result does not have to be guaranteed and the fact that the construction is "habitable" is an option ... So actually it does not matter! ^^

But 180 m2 is not a little ambitious for someone who uses the belt? ^^

I know some here who have sold their dream of "living barn" after a year, for less than that!

: Cheesy: Ok, I'm going out the door, ... pa_s pou_ss_er -> []
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/02/11, 19:38

Obamot wrote:... well, if the result does not have to be guaranteed and the fact that the construction is "habitable" is an option ... So actually it does not matter! ^^

But 180 m2 is not a little ambitious for someone who uses the belt? ^^

I know some here who have sold their dream of "living barn" after a year, for less than that!

: Cheesy: Ok, I'm going out the door, ... pa_s pou_ss_er -> []

180 m2 is the surface of my previous house on 2 floors, which is far from being a castle!

Don't worry about nothing, we always come out by talking! : Cheesy:
0 x

Alain
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 25/02/11, 19:55

Obamot wrote:to adopt solutions in fine
much very complicated, with capilotracted yields - on the pretext that the solution of storage in the ground would not be tested

So I would need a course, because I have searched hard, and I can't find any way to drill at less than 40 € / m.

And 7000 € drilling for storage, not counting the installation then, we can buy or build beautiful water tanks, right?

Not to mention the administrative problems, because drilling at 150m requires permissions, at least in France.
0 x
See you soon !
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 25/02/11, 20:00

Thank you for this very interesting link:
http://kheops.champs.cstb.fr/dddsm/Docu ... rI0097.pdf

It validates for me the idea that the important thing is the low cost and the simplification:
- Single tank,
- with slow water injection well done to keep the stratification, - simple tubes,
- self-draining to also avoid antifreeze which reduces the efficiency of heat exchange
- and the idea of ​​supplying a small pump with a solar panel, which eliminates any need for complex regulation.
0 x
See you soon !
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/02/11, 21:06

Already given! Continuation of the discussion here STP:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post194921.html#194921
0 x