Project heating wood and solar heating

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
mathieu444
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mathieu444 » 25/02/11, 16:23

This is not what I want but I do not want to embark on a pharaonic project without any experience or feedback on it (except in Canada).
This project to store heat in the seems to me to be a great idea, but as you say yourself, it is not yet done by the pros ... I do not see myself getting into it.

I want something more "classic", achievable by an experienced handyman or even by a professional if I do not feel capable of it.

I come on this forum to have your help so that I can make my installation viable. And thank you for that because I already had a lot of advice. But we must continue.

Thank you
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/02/11, 16:56

Ouch! Ouch!

This subject goes off in a lollipop!

Mathieu

Install your underfloor heating first and do not skimp on the amount of tube that you position in a spiral to distribute the heat well,> a lot of tube to be able to recover the heat well for a low liquid temperature for better performance < , a thermostat for each zone with its own valve (if you think comfort more than the cost price) then bring these pipes there where you will position your tanks (balloons).

Then the addition of a water boiler and solar collectors can be added to your tanks for proper operation.

A pump for the circulation of the tank to the floors, another for the circulation of the boiler to the balloons and finally another one for the solar collector to the balloons, the addition of an expander must also appear there (can be in the open air with a small open tank or space at the top of the tank for expansion and ventilation)!

No need for an exchanger except for the preheater of the domestic hot water tank which can be realized with a roll of copper tube inserted in a tank.

It is a fairly simple project in its construction but which nevertheless requires several hours of work to be carried out.
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/02/11, 17:27

...let's give up! Another one of these sons or the guy, arrogant just right ... "Come and ask for advice" Image when he already has very definite ideas and that he only seeks to find a guarantee of HIS "solution", without even bothering to understand the merits of your answers, nor to evaluate the performances. Basta.
Last edited by Obamot the 25 / 02 / 11, 17: 39, 1 edited once.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 25/02/11, 17:37

mathieu444 wrote:For solar storage, I planned to put a 1000L "cubis" and insulate it of course ... Is this sufficient?

You would have to make a small calculation from the heat capacity of the water, it is not very hard even if you have never done it. Try and ask if more help is needed :-)

It can be interesting to play on several tanks in parallel: when everything is cold, you can for example first heat a small tank to have a quick reaction on thinning.

You must also try to avoid mixing hot water at the top and cold water at the bottom, by carefully injecting the water into the tank, to avoid mixing and to keep a natural thermal stratification.

By the way, looking for "stainless steel tank", we find interesting things but I did not ask for a price.

mathieu444 wrote:For the sensors, I will study the vacuum sensors since you say that it is more efficient ...

Yes, and their price has become the most attractive too. On this point, the site indicated is no longer up to date.

The current chassis for vacuum tube collectors have a metal reflector between the tubes, which returns the light towards the rear of the tubes, so the entire surface is used.

When I hear that "solar thermal energy is expensive", I don't understand.

If you have it installed by a professional, you have to pay for it and that's normal. But we pay it whatever the energy used.

But it is not impossible that some professionals add a little to the price of solar installations, because in France they do not then perceive the "bribes", sorry, the incentives, for gas or electricity installations, and no. 'have no adjustments to make each year.

Otherwise, the materials for self-construction are now much more affordable, I had cited 2 examples and there must be others now:
http://www.bysun.fr with lots of explanations
http://www.bricodepot.fr/lempdes-clermo ... hauffe-eau

You can easily install the circuit tubes yourself, and use the tank of an old water heater (because they are often thrown away because of resistance or ... from the seller who pretends to be a convenience store :-( by just adding a copper coil to make exchanger.

Lack more than a circulator between 50 and 100 €
http://www.bricodepot.fr/lempdes-clermo ... chaudieres

and some thermostats for the control (no need to circulate the water when the collectors are cold for lack of sun, or when all the tanks are hot to the maximum), and we have an efficient and inexpensive solar circuit. And we can enlarge it a little bit every year too.
0 x
See you soon !
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 25/02/11, 17:41

Listen to Alain G and the Canadians who make it simple and effective with -30 ° C !!!
The floor once laid never changes, so good quality, long lasting that does not clog or be pierced !!!
Come to think of it.

Basic advice:
Help yourself and heaven will help you !!
Last edited by dedeleco the 25 / 02 / 11, 17: 44, 1 edited once.
0 x
mathieu444
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mathieu444 » 25/02/11, 17:43

Thank you Alain and Bernard for these tips ...

I will indeed put the underfloor heating first. The heating engineer recommends every 15 cm, and every 10 cm below the vacuum on stay. Is it sufficient ?
For the balloons, should we start on a balloon by "heating system" namely one for solar hot water, and one for the stove?

Obamot, I don't understand your approach.
No, I don't come with my fixed ideas, but I come here with what I want for my house, isn't that how it should be done?
I recognize the merits of storage in the ground, but I find it just too complicated for me (and for many people I think since it does not yet exist in France). I thank you all the same for what you brought to the discussion thread, and hope that you can still enlighten me with your expertise.
Last edited by mathieu444 the 25 / 02 / 11, 17: 53, 1 edited once.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/02/11, 17:46

Obamot wrote:...let's give up! Another one of these sons or the barely arrogant guy "Come and ask for advice" when he already has very definite ideas and he only seeks to find validation of HIS "operating mode", without even bothering to understand the merits of your answers, which he does not give himself don't bother to read.

Basta.

Obamot Hi!

Hmmm! This is not what I see when reading the whole subject again!

He suggests his way of seeing the thing to know if it is achievable and realistic and we plant answers that have nothing to do with his subject!

Many have still given good links on self-construction (what he wants to achieve) but we offer him another system that does not fit with his subject!

Tell me seriously?

In your place, would you not be disappointed with the responses received?

By re-reading the whole subject with no bias, I came to the conclusion that he was patient before admitting that the subjects and a little HS with the subject!

There is nothing magical about the way he sees his project that is by the way realistic and asks for help to achieve it!

I do not like to make this kind of comments which can put me against my friends members of the site and I hope that it does not shock anyone because I see there only one way to improve the relations between members without in any way wanting offend them!

Peace my friend!
0 x

Alain
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 25/02/11, 17:54

This heating engineer who recommends the electric boiler instead of the Canadian well cap has how much experience and facilities? !!
Look at his former clients to see if there is a risk of a problem?
The usual Canadian well is a narrow version of storage in the ground where we wait for storage to be done on its own and not very optimal in terms of earthworks !!

I have the experience of an architect who is good at seeing his achievements, which turned out to be less good than appearance and I won a lawsuit against this architect !!

So it is good to be wary and difficult not to have mistakes, In my opinion almost impossible after 4 old real estate experiences !!
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 25/02/11, 17:58

The best site I know of to get a realistic idea of ​​recoverable energy:
http://www.bdpv.fr/top_ten.php

Then, you have to go find a facility near you for the details.

These real measurements are made with photovoltaic panels, of the order of 14% efficiency. With thermal, we must be able to be between 3 and 5 times more on paper, but there is often no comparative measurement on the ground, which is a shame.
0 x
See you soon !
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/02/11, 18:02

mathieu444 wrote:Thank you Alain G for these tips ... I will indeed put the underfloor heating first. The heating engineer recommends every 15 cm, and every 10 cm below the vacuum on stay. Is it sufficient ?
For the balloons, should we start on a balloon by "heating system" namely one for solar hot water, and one for the stove?

The idea of ​​the quantity of pipe is to heat a max with the minimum of temperature differential so the more you put it and the more it will be effective, if you can put it for a reasonable price at every 10 cm hey well come on!

Balloon> No you can use the same tank for the solar and the stove, the idea is to manage the circulation well so that the hot water at the top does not mix with the cold water at the bottom, you use a medium power pump and you put a ball valve to reduce the circulation to avoid stirring (a pump consumes less if less water circulates in the turbine, even if obstructed)!

For hot water to the floors you take the hot water from the top of the tank to return it to the bottom of the tank, which will return colder water to the stove or the sun.
0 x

Alain