Temperature difference between floors

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/10/11, 22:14

Not having paid my donation to Microsoft for microsoft office, I cannot see the photos in .doc !!!
Put in jpg or other in photos !!
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 19/10/11, 22:22

dedeleco wrote:Not having paid my donation to Microsoft for microsoft office, I cannot see the photos in .doc !!!
Put in jpg or other in photos !!

neither do I, but I use openoffice or libreoffice.

I am doing a pdf version.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 19/10/11, 22:29

0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/10/11, 22:52

Typical of most more or less old cinderblock and concrete houses !!
Concrete conducts heat or cold 70 times more than good insulation on the thermal bridges of the slabs on the ground floor and upstairs !!
How much was the air outside ??? How much wind ???
This makes it possible to determine the heat flow which leaves !!!

So exterior insulation is the only valid solution !!
But it could be much worse !!!
Because walls below zero. Insulated attic also on average a little less.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 20/10/11, 11:50

dedeleco wrote:Typical of most more or less old cinderblock and concrete houses !!
Concrete conducts heat or cold 70 times more than good insulation on the thermal bridges of the slabs on the ground floor and upstairs !!
How much was the air outside ??? How much wind ???
This makes it possible to determine the heat flow which leaves !!!

So exterior insulation is the only valid solution !!
But it could be much worse !!!
Because walls below zero. Insulated attic also on average a little less.

the temperature and that indicated on the exterior photos is -3 and -4.

On the photos of the 1st we see large spots which melt to think of windows but this is not the case since it is straight feet of 1m60 on crawling.

I should be able to temporarily fill these gaps in insulation at the level of the partition, because in the long term I would like to be able to remove this partition and follow the crawling and recover this lost space for nothing.

the space behind these right feet which must be on the ground 1m * 3 on each side of the room is only used to store the motor of the wmc and to cross the wmc from one side of the house to the other + a wc air intake.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/10/11, 13:16

If I understand correctly, there is only one layer of concrete blocks, no void + facade brick ???? : Cry:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 20/10/11, 13:30

elephant wrote:If I understand correctly, there is only one layer of concrete blocks, no void + facade brick ???? : Cry:

that is to say ?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 20/10/11, 13:31

La infrared photo indicates the surface T of the plaster or windows which is not at all the T of the air, certainly much lower and I ask this T of this air far from the walls !!!
Without this, we ignore the seriousness of the real losses which are low if the T of the walls on the surface is close to that of the T of the air far from the walls !!!
There was no wind on this thermography day ?????

The outside air against the walls insulates a little (function of convection and wind) and fixes the surface T of the walls according to the level of insulation (thermal resistances in series from the inside to the outside air) !!!
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 20/10/11, 21:41

dedeleco:

concerning the wind, I no longer remember the thermography from the beginning of the year.

elephant:

I represented the current situation on a small synthetic sketch.

0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 21/10/11, 13:05

concerning this air intake which is directly connected to an air vent in the toilet ceiling.

is this normal?
0 x