Black & Decker TLD100 Thermal Leak Detector

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Black & Decker TLD100 Thermal Leak Detector

by kumkat » 26/10/11, 08:32

Much cheaper than a thermal camera though less effective
this may present a friendly alternative

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M7xrWcrCUM
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/11, 08:56

Absolutely, this is a new product from B&D ...

We have been offering an equivalent product for several years to buy fissa on the store of your forum prefer: infrared thermometer bridge and thermal leak detector
: Cheesy:

0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 26/10/11, 08:58

outch the b & d is half the price of yours ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/11, 09:02

Yes and certainly much less precise and less versatile too ...

What T ° range for B&D?
Is the emissivity adjustable?

Because "mine" (as you say) does this:

Thermometer -50 ° C to 550 ° C with infrared and double laser sighting for remote temperature measurement without contact with adjustable emissivity (0.1 to 1.0).

In the end, if it is ONLY to carry out energy diagnosis and therefore unique task, B&D becomes more expensive ... : Cheesy:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 26/10/11, 12:20

Personally I noticed that a lot of cheap BD products, like chainsaws, are junk which ends up useless!
The BD gives no T value and therefore only useful for thermal colander houses without insulation !!! with walls as cold as outside !!!

Otherwise if you are very very patient, a simple € 2 thermometer stuck on the wall and a little insulated for an hour gives you that T of the wall !!!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/10/11, 14:06

dedeleco wrote:Personally I noticed that a lot of cheap BD products, like chainsaws, are junk which ends up useless!
The BD gives no T value and therefore only useful for thermal colander houses without insulation !!! with walls as cold as outside !!!
I also share your opinion on B&D products ...
You didn't watch the video well, it has a real-time temperature display ...
dedeleco wrote:Otherwise if you are very very patient, a simple € 2 thermometer stuck on the wall and a little insulated for an hour gives you that T of the wall !!!
It's very random, you can very easily take the interior temperature instead of measuring that of the wall ... without realizing it.
I have the device offered on the econology shop and I am very satisfied with it.

I must admit, however, that the light projection of the variations in T ° is a good idea and makes the use much more user-friendly, because this avoids the gaze from commuting between the targeted area and the display of the measurement on the screen. , in the exclusive use of the demonstration.
I wonder about the accuracy of the measurement and I think that the illuminated area should not match the area measured ...

If I were a product developer, I would recommend the projection of the numerical value at the same time as the projection of the variation of T °.
: Idea:

I use the IR Thermometer for many uses, including mechanical and medical. It is a great diagnostic tool.
: Mrgreen:
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 26/10/11, 14:29

the b & d documentation ... "simple and general public" version ...
we can "hope" for an accuracy of 0,5 ° ... considering the price I am skeptical ...

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... W4bFet.pdf
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/11, 14:44

Well the .pdf we understand better.

Talk about precision measurement with an infrared thermometerwhose emissivity is not adjustable makes absolutely no sense ... (which according to the .pdf is not the case?)

Now what matters in the hunt for thermal leaks is not so much the exact measurement of the actual temperature ... as the delta of T ° that we can see ... provided that the emissivity of the materials measured is close!

Frankly, I have a lot of trouble understanding how B&D engineers took into account variations in emissivity ... because talking about 0.5 ° C delta (and even 5.5 ° C) on different materials is is stupidity ...

Otherwise the TLD100 risks causing a lot of people to panic ... or falsely reassuring ... it depends on which direction the measurement goes!

Now it's still a nice product ... but you have to know its limits and I prefer to use a real IR detector with possible emissivity adjustment ...

Example which shows the importance of emissivity: https://www.econologie.com/forums/rendement- ... t9158.html from : https://www.econologie.com/forums/post182918.html#182918

ps: another 3 in 1 thermal diagnostic thermometer (with IR but needs to be close to the wall to be measured): https://www.econologie.com/shop/thermome ... p-326.html
0 x