Destroy my fireplace to put a steel pipe?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 16/09/12, 15:00

precisely at mcz I was told about a stove with a capacity of 70 kg of pellet, but it was rather a kind of mini boiler because it does not diffuse heat.

1 week of autonomy so no long absence in winter.

We read everywhere that a stove can heat about 100m2, but I wonder if the heat is homogeneous everywhere with a single heating point.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 16/09/12, 16:26

he told you about the boiler in 18 or 24 kw which have 70 kg of integrated tank. For me it would be far too powerful. So I took a boiler, 25kg tank and I put an additional tank next to it. If I wanted to, I could make a much larger tank, but you still have to clean it, at least once every 1 days and it would be really full of ashes. Hence my configuration, the dry breakdown serves as a reminder.

Be careful, 70kg can be much less than a week if it is cold and the house is poorly insulated. For example, a 100m2 house not isolated at all will consume up to 20kw at the worst time of the year, and there your tank goes in 24 hours! conversely, when the weather is mild, it can last 3 weeks. For me it also means that I only need to clean it after 3 weeks. All that to say that I prefer the configuration with separate tank, we can better adapt / optimize.

An air stove can heat up to 100 m2, but the heat is NOT homogeneous. Depending on the insulation of the house and the size of the doors and volumes, there should be a loss of 1 ° to 3 ° with each passage of the door. Ductable stoves reduce this defect.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 16/09/12, 17:14

Philippe Schutt wrote:he told you about the boiler in 18 or 24 kw which have 70 kg of integrated tank. For me it would be far too powerful. So I took a boiler, 25kg tank and I put an additional tank next to it. If I wanted to, I could make a much larger tank, but you still have to clean it, at least once every 1 days and it would be really full of ashes. Hence my configuration, the dry breakdown serves as a reminder.

Be careful, 70kg can be much less than a week if it is cold and the house is poorly insulated. For example, a 100m2 house not isolated at all will consume up to 20kw at the worst time of the year, and there your tank goes in 24 hours! conversely, when the weather is mild, it can last 3 weeks. For me it also means that I only need to clean it after 3 weeks. All that to say that I prefer the configuration with separate tank, we can better adapt / optimize.

An air stove can heat up to 100 m2, but the heat is NOT homogeneous. Depending on the insulation of the house and the size of the doors and volumes, there should be a loss of 1 ° to 3 ° with each passage of the door. Ductable stoves reduce this defect.

on your installation do you have a buffer tank? you have your stove in the space to heat and not in the cellar.

for the power I remember more about the power but it was important mini 14kw or 18kw.

regarding insulation it is included in my work, that's why I'm trying to find a heating solution.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 16/09/12, 18:17

I put it in the garage, it would have been better in the living room but no space and madam does not want dust. Because when filling there is always a little dust that flies and ditto when cleaning, even if less than with wood logs

and no buffer for now but the ECS will act as.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 16/09/12, 18:29

Philippe Schutt wrote:I put it in the garage, it would have been better in the living room but no space and madam does not want dust. Because when filling there is always a little dust that flies and ditto when cleaning, even if less than with wood logs

and no buffer for now but the ECS will act as.

so you heat the garage?

for the connection of DHW it may be preferable.

you are on a radiator circuit or underfloor heating.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 16/09/12, 18:50

well yes, i am heating the garage a little. But that makes my tile is not cold on the feet. After all my barrack is isolated from the outside, so it gets worse.

Radiators.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 16/09/12, 19:46

Philippe Schutt wrote:well yes, i am heating the garage a little. But that makes my tile is not cold on the feet. After all my barrack is isolated from the outside, so it gets worse.

Radiators.

yes of course it was just to see if it was a stove that did not give off heat.

with this type of stove I should still redo my duct or is the smoke less hot.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 16/09/12, 21:04

you mean your screwed up bistré? YES
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 16/09/12, 21:18

Philippe Schutt wrote:you mean your screwed up bistré?

Yes : Cheesy:

ok, i will see because i don't have thirty six solution:

either I stay all electric
either I switch to an air stove keeping the convectors in extra
or I go to a hydro installation with a hydro stove because the boilers are overpriced.

for the hydro solution I have to convince madam because she doesn't like visible circuits.

how much should you count for a hydro stove?
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 16/09/12, 21:29

The circuit is not necessarily visible, there are plinths and cornices that hide the pipes, and of course the walls and heated floors.

a 15kw is around 4000 €, a 22kw 4700 €.
If your house is insulated (and an electric one should be) 15kw should be enough.
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."