Burner silo background okofen

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Chaboum
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Burner silo background okofen

by Chaboum » 21/04/14, 23:12

Hello everyone, I just completely empty the silo glued to my boiler, the one that feeds the burner. and I just found a wire thin enough, about twenty centimeters deep !!! it's normal ?? he could get stuck in the screw and break everything !! ???

thank you for your feedback
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/04/14, 10:58

Do you have a suction system?

Does that mean he's been "sucked" so far?

It can not be ruled out that he would have been digested!
0 x
Chaboum
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chaboum » 24/04/14, 00:33

yes yes, I am on an aspiration !! No idea !! it seems odd too !!
In the bottom of this silo (I'm talking about that of the boiler, and not my big storage silo), just above the screw, there is not something that looks like a fairly fine wire in you? or towards the lid then ?? I do not know where it can come out because this wire is absolutely NOT twisted, maché ..... we see that it has not crossed screw!
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 24/04/14, 09:39

Hello,
It does not tell me anything a priori.
Can you take a picture?
0 x
If it does not work, get off a hammer ...
Did67

by Did67 » 24/04/14, 10:17

I confirm from memory: there is nothing! [I emptied this hopper to unblock the small metering screw that is at the bottom of the hopper V, under a partially sump, when I blocked my system because of excessive sawdust last winter]

A technician Okofen once told me that everything was in the silos: pieces of electric ballad, forgotten screwdrivers, ...

What I've already seen: metal staples (recycling old pallets into pellets!)
0 x
Chaboum
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chaboum » 27/04/14, 23:31

that's crazy !!! how can we imagine finding pieces of balladeuse, screwdriver .... at home, I ask myself 2 times the question before entering the silo, and I look if I do not have pebbles under the shoes, j I even changed shoes on a rainy day to not bring sand, water .. !!! yes I know maybe I'm doing too much !! but I do not want to do bullshit !! and then ditto coming out !! I look a thousand times if there is nothing left! There for example I emptied all my bottom silo, disassembled crankcase, sucked the remains in the screw, the dust .... rechecked the tightness ...... and a thousand precautions before closing!

no, no, this wire comes necessarily from inside the small silo glued to the boiler! otherwise it would be crooked not ?? I make a picture, it would not be a remnant of wire, welded on the wall ?? for I do not know what, there are weld points on the inside .. ??
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 28/04/14, 08:55

I illustrated the fact that we "find everything" in a pellet silo! I wasn't thinking about your specific case.

The origins of these intruders are multiple:

- the end user, distracted, who forgets or drops without getting a screwdriver ... This is not your case therefore.

- but also in the pellet plant and possibly in the distribution chain where a team could be negligent ...

Fortunately, this happens once, and we still talk about it ... And in general, the boiler "digests" it; we find the metal in the ashes ...

It may be that your piece of wire is a "fall", during the wiring: is it the same wire / same color / same gauge as that of the wiring of the suction motor or the sweeping motor?
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 28/04/14, 17:41

Hello,

Maybe present since the installation?
the bottom of the intermediate silo may not be used.

Jc
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.