Solar coupling + pellet boiler OKOFEN (SSC)

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Kazmierczak
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Kazmierczak » 01/10/09, 15:08

:?: Does anyone have experience with this type of material?
I have a rehabilitation project in sight in a house in Provence that currently does not have a boiler or water heater. This SSC system, according to the brochure, gives priority to the solar panels by storing hot water in a tank which supplies the DHW and the radiators. In addition, comes the pellet boiler. I need to size: the number of panels, the volume of the tank and the capacity of the boiler and have an idea of ​​the cost of this installation.Tech data. after rehabilitation:
50 cm screened walls with BA 13 lining, Isoltop 16 + 4 + 5 floors, new standard double-glazed PVC doors and windows, R> 4 roof insulation. Surface permanently inhabited by 2 people: 110m2 and 210 m2 exceptionally for 6 people.
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 01/10/09, 15:26

Hello would be one of the first things to do I think before asking for advice no ???

Bonne journée. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/10/09, 16:30

Yeah ... politeness is no refusal!

It looks like it is a seller who wants advice !! : Mrgreen:

Good, I'm nice: I think Did67 is equipped with solar + ökofen = https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 01/10/09, 18:17

Did67 is there.

But it only has: 1 CESI ("solar water heater") for DHW and an Okofen pellet boiler (for heating).

My "solar" is not used for heating.

But the boiler completes the solar water heater!

And then if I dream of Porvence, I am in Alsace.

Okofen, on his site, gives a "calculator" to determine the power. In my case, it was relevant.

Maybe start there.
0 x
Kazmierczak
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Coupling solar heating + OKOFEN pellet boiler (S

by Kazmierczak » 01/10/09, 19:16

Kazmierczak wrote::?: Does anyone have experience with this type of material?
I have a rehabilitation project in sight in a house in Provence that currently does not have a boiler or water heater. This SSC system, according to the brochure, gives priority to the solar panels by storing hot water in a tank which supplies the DHW and the radiators. In addition, comes the pellet boiler. I need to size: the number of panels, the volume of the tank and the capacity of the boiler and have an idea of ​​the cost of this installation.Tech data. after rehabilitation:
50 cm screened walls with BA 13 lining, Isoltop 16 + 4 + 5 floors, new standard double-glazed PVC doors and windows, R> 4 roof insulation. Surface permanently inhabited by 2 people: 110m2 and 210 m2 exceptionally for 6 people.

Sorry! The "hello" has been deleted. In fact, not being a king of the keyboard, I wanted to introduce this superb "question mark" at the beginning of the text and after several unsuccessful attempts, I had to overwrite the 1st word, Very important. I'm not used to forums (this is my 1st), I immediately see that I have to deal with a serious site.
Fortunately, there is a courtesy and good manners watchman who reacts 1/4 of a turn. Well done!
To answer Christophe, I am an engineer who is preparing for his retirement, an ecologist since the 70s.
Thanks to Did67. In fact I believe that the SSC system is new:
http://www.okofen.fr/fr/produits/kits-solaires/252.html
I tested the calculator well, but it does not work with this combined system
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/10/09, 20:18

A)
Did67 wrote:But the boiler completes the solar water heater!

And then if I dream of Porvence, I am in Alsace.

Pfff ... Traitor you dream of cheating on your DJU?!?! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

I am even further north than you (and may be higher in altitude, it is not sure ...)!

B) Kazmiercza, our heating system (solar wood) should help you see more clearly:

Our wood + solar boiler + buffer circuit diagram

It's clear isn't it? : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

For the calculation of the buffer of a wood stove; here are some tracks too ...

In fact I am not at all sure that it makes sense to make a big sun pad with pellets ... economically and technologically I mean ...

Indeed; pellets reduce (almost to 0) the main drawback of conventional wood boilers: almost zero regulation and therefore the need to buffer or recharge often. It's almost the comfort of oil or gas, that's why the installation is so expensive ...

So I think it would be more interesting to put the money saved on the pellet boiler in a conventional wood boiler, more solar panel and a larger buffer ... This is only my opinion ...
0 x
Kazmierczak
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Kazmierczak » 02/10/09, 11:07

Thank you for this impressive document, Christophe, it is a bit outside my area of ​​competence for reading.
In fact, the initial need was the installation of DHW heating + room heating with solar collectors on the roof. Installation not recommended by 2 heating engineers unless the sensors were placed on the floor and adjustable. Solution not retained because in agricultural area and not recommended by the town hall.
So the heating engineers offered me: solar panel on the roof for DHW and pellet boiler for heating and DHW compensation, with hot water distribution by radiators.
What do you think of the 2 quotes I received?
Boiler installation:(All taxes included price)
OKOFEN Pellamatic PE20 (20KW) = 9376
OEI pump + bag silo = 2674
stainless steel chimney casing = 562
boiler outlet pipe connection = 371
Okofen technician implementation = 264
implementation including installation of 12 radiators (not supplied) = 5070
Solar panels installation
2 ESE Ecosol 2.32 solar collectors = 4273
Resistor, valves, electrical protection = 549
Installation & commissioning = 1108
The latest news (yesterday), Okofen advises against the use of radiators in favor of heated floors. However, a good part of the concrete slabs already exist. Hence the choice of radiators. I read that it was enough to oversize the radiators with a cost. 1,2. Other experiences on this?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Coupling solar heating + OKOFEN pellet boiler (S

by Woodcutter » 03/10/09, 17:07

Kazmierczak wrote:[...] In fact, the initial need was the installation of DHW heating + room heating with solar collectors on the roof. Installation not recommended by 2 heating engineers unless the sensors were placed on the floor and adjustable [...]
Attention, heating engineers, on the whole, are quite "cautious" for solutions that are out of the ordinary for the simple reason that they engage their responsibility ...

My dad, who had designed a system for his house with lots of solar panels and a huge buffer, experienced it, seeing many doors closed in the face by not adventurous heating engineers for two cents ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
vanagaz1961
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by vanagaz1961 » 03/10/09, 18:28

Hello,
I often install this type of installation in combined solar heating + pellets in thermal support: complete Paradigma system
One of the solutions: combined sanitary boiler + heating in 200 liters + 700 liters heating + 8m² of panels on the roof and voila.
We calibrate a pellet boiler on 10/15 kW to compensate for everything in case of insufficient solar and it turns impeccably.
We can double the surface in solar afterwards / at the installation to have a rise in temperature / a greater thermal gain, and reduce the power of the boiler to 5/10 kW, with a silo of 2 tons for a year.
In short, it is possible and it works !!
Good work
Pierre
0 x
Sprl Technifluides GmbH
Pierre Mehaignoul
Your partner heating and sanitary
Fachmann für Sanitär und Heizung
Pellets und Haustechnik
http://www.technifluides.be/
Wépion Belgium
Did67

by Did67 » 04/10/09, 15:33

Same opinion as Vanagaz:

1) It's not that new to Okofen either and I really don't see where the problem would come from. It is arch-classic. The stuff seems to me successful. And with the boiler as a "backdrop", there is no risk of being "cool". The buffer tank can only adjust the functioning of the boiler. Persevere !!!

If you have a problem finding a competent installer, send me an email, I will contact Okofen (headquarters).

2) Whatever the brand (Paradigma, Okofen ...), I think that the homogeneity of the gear avoids a lot of configuration errors.

We can certainly combine a solar system X, a balloon Y and an Okofen boiler). You just have to master the settings (experience - mine but also my advice on forums showed me that few professionals master - or read the 60-page guides; excuse me, Vanagaz, with all due respect, there are exceptions!)

3) PE 20, it seems HUGE !!! FYI, in Alsace, a little altitude (Piedmont), about 200 m², without solar supplement (as said above, I have a CESI), I have a 15 kW (condensing) and I wonder if I will not restrict it to 12 kW to extend its cycles ...

"Overkill" is generally the signature of heating engineers unfamiliar with pellets. They regulate as for fuel / gas: a "big" boiler, and they are quiet. Who can do the most can do the least ... Except in Pellets, short cycles, less efficient operation ... It is absolutely necessary to have the appropriate boiler and not a "big machine" ...
0 x