Refresh without air conditioning: Ademe's guide

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Refresh without air conditioning: Ademe's guide

by Christophe » 14/09/11, 10:34

Refresh without air conditioning

Summer has arrived and the heat accompanies it. It would therefore be easy to turn to air conditioning to find a little freshness at home. But air conditioning devices consume a lot of energy, they increase electricity consumption in summer, which can lead to saturation of the network. Finally, the gases used in these systems are powerful greenhouse gases, which poses problems in the event of leaks or improper handling.

But then what to do in an existing house or apartment?

To prevent the interior temperature from rising too high, the heat must first be prevented from entering the day by closing the shutters and the windows when the outside temperature exceeds that inside.

Interior protections (curtains, blinds) are less effective but make up for the absence of a shutter. It is also necessary to think of the internal heat contributions: energy-saving devices (for example low-energy lamps) dissipate less heat in the house. And it is better to limit the use of the oven during hot days.

Then, take advantage of the night freshness by ventilating as much as possible during the night and creating drafts allows you to sleep more comfortably.

Finally, a little trick is to use evaporation to cool a room: in fact, by evaporating, water needs energy, so it captures part of the ambient heat. To do this, you can regularly wet the floor or place a fan (relatively low in energy consumption) in front of a damp cloth.

Guide: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... Otskvg.pdf

Source: http://eie.marseilleprovence.geres.eu/r ... s-la-clim/
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 14/09/11, 13:25

: Arrow: Also avoid locking yourself in front of your plasma screen TV (400W) or PC (300W). : Idea:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/09/11, 14:56

Change of device: a recent tower consumes 100 W, an old CRT 50-60 screen, a large LED TV (94 cm) 140.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 14/09/11, 17:09

elephant wrote:Change of device: a recent tower consumes 100 W, an old CRT 50-60 screen, a large LED TV (94 cm) 140.
Well a tower to gamble consumes a lot with online games.
I have a cathode ray tube TV ... about 80W, when it is on (as little as possible).
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Refresh without air conditioning ': Ademe guide

by hic » 14/09/11, 20:50

Christophe wrote:
Refresh without air conditioning

Summer has arrived and the heat accompanies it. It would therefore be easy to turn to air conditioning to find a little freshness at home. But air conditioning devices consume a lot of energy, they increase electricity consumption in summer, which can lead to saturation of the network. Finally, the gases used in these systems are powerful greenhouse gases, which poses problems in the event of leaks or improper handling.

But then what to do in an existing house or apartment?

To prevent the interior temperature from rising too high, the heat must first be prevented from entering the day by closing the shutters and the windows when the outside temperature exceeds that inside.

Interior protections (curtains, blinds) are less effective but make up for the absence of a shutter. It is also necessary to think of the internal heat contributions: energy-saving devices (for example low-energy lamps) dissipate less heat in the house. And it is better to limit the use of the oven during hot days.

Then, take advantage of the night freshness by ventilating as much as possible during the night and creating drafts allows you to sleep more comfortably.

Finally, a little trick is to use evaporation to cool a room: in fact, by evaporating, water needs energy, so it captures part of the ambient heat. To do this, you can regularly wet the floor or place a fan (relatively low in energy consumption) in front of a damp cloth.

Guide: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... Otskvg.pdf

Source: http://eie.marseilleprovence.geres.eu/r ... s-la-clim/

hi Christophe

This is only true for people who do not sweat enough
(aging)

If you sweat the problem of comfort and health
is not due to the temperature,

but at hygrometry

if the air is saturated with humidity,
the heat exchange by the evaporation of perspiration will be zero

and you will be overheated,

Having very wet and very cold skin is not a good sign

Do not increase humidity in a room in hot weather
it's unproductive in the presence of nobody,
if it is not related to convection cooling

Infrared
stick a mirror on the outside of the window pane
and you will push back the infrared direct as well as those coming from the closed shutter which emits IR at 50, 70 °
(1 euro for 3m², survival blanket)
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/09/11, 21:37

Hlc said:

Infrared
stick a mirror on the outside of the window pane
and you will push back the infrared direct as well as those coming from the closed shutter which emits IR at 50, 70 °
(1 euro for 3m², survival blanket

+ 1

for this winter, I'm going to try 2 cm polystyrene sheets, covered with aluminum foil.
In winter, I place them inside, aluminum inwards. ( the night)
In winter, the reverse. (The other side)

Fixing: small self-adhesive plates for blinds and elastic with briefs :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be