Cool a room ecologically, air conditioning

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
elekaj34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Cool a room ecologically, air conditioning

by elekaj34 » 29/06/08, 12:08

Hello,

I post here, more as thermal comfort than heating;)

I live in Montpellier, and these weather outside is hot (31 ° C currently, up to 34 ° C yesterday afternoon on the balcony)

Suddenly, I have beautiful close window and shutter, I have 28 or 30 ° C in the apartment !!! : Shock:
The problem is that at night, although I have all the windows (which overlook the same facade) open, I cannot cool the interior, 26 ° C this morning must be said that yesterday at 23 p.m. I was still 30 ° C outside and "only" 27 ° C this morning around 7am.

I don't want too much air conditioning, but just an "ecological" way (or at least as much as possible) to cool the room a bit. I'm not trying to have 20 ° C but if I can have 25 ° C it would be good (at least in the bedroom because sleeping in 30 ° is painful)

I found the method of evaporation by drying wet sheets ... but hey I think it's rather psychological;)

PS: The external T ° C are those of a thermometer placed away from the sun. To help nothing, the VMC makes me return the hot air outside !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/08, 13:04

No no it's not psychological, it's what is used by "air coolers" sometimes sold (dishonestly) as 1st price air conditioning.

In fact it is a ventlio which blows air in front of a sponge always humidified.

It works but it humidifies the air constantly.

Watch this topic about it: https://www.econologie.com/forums/fabricatio ... t1958.html

Otherwise use: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php
We had already mentioned the problem of too hot rooms
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 29/06/08, 13:29

It seems to me that Exoceano uses or used this method (I am not sure that it is :| ), but I don't know where this post is
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
elekaj34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by elekaj34 » 29/06/08, 14:41

Thanks for the links

On the other hand, I did not understand too much, it is a nebulizer, assisted by a ventilator to diffuse "the fresh air"?

Good on the same principle I will try to tinker with a system with a damp cloth in front of a fan and make measurements of T ° C (to measure the rate of psychological effect;))

thanks again
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 29/06/08, 22:57

The water as it evaporates absorbs a lot of energy. And so it refreshes the air.
You can wet the floor by passing the mop, spread your linen inside while ensuring ventilation above, or wet a sheet that you put in the air flow of a fan or, why not, an outlet of your CMV
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 30/06/08, 13:16

: Arrow: One gram of water that evaporates absorbs a calorie.

this method is effective, it must be sized in relation to the needs.

Fabric impregnated with water (soaking in a "tank") can be made. The greater the exchange surface, the greater the number of calories absorbed. A fan directed at the impregnated fabrics increases the air flow and therefore efficiency.
Putting fabrics in the openings (windows, skylights ...) is also very effective.
This is how we refresh the house in hot countries, for example by putting a jug of unvarnished stoneware in the fenestrous.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 30/06/08, 13:56

citro wrote:This is how houses are refreshed in hot countries, for example by putting a jug of unvarnished stoneware in the fenestrous.

the what? : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/06/08, 14:24

The problem with "evaporative" air conditioning is that the air must be constantly renewed ... its efficiency being directly linked to the ambient humidity at 90% I suppose that the efficiency of the method is severely limited , at 100% it is zero ... but 30 ° C at 100% humidity is worse than the jungle.

The method therefore requires having to couple with air renewal.

Coincidence, this morning was created a very similar discussion: https://www.econologie.com/forums/deshumidif ... t5651.html
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 30/06/08, 23:37

: Arrow: Toutafé Christophe.

In hot and dry countries, homes are built with very small openings to optimize air circulation. In general, the nights there are very cold ...

In hot and humid (tropical) countries, we take a few poles and a roof to shelter from the rain and sun, the walls are symbolic ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/13, 00:39

little up for tomorrow that looks hot!
0 x