Overconsumption pellet boiler

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
nico14
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nico14 » 22/01/12, 10:34

But the pipes go through the attic, they are wrapped in socks don the surface is in fabrics, my installer to check, I still cover them with glass wool, even the impression of making costs for nothing, a little One more thing, the radiators in my last room are never as hot as the others so 2 degrees cooler in this room, my installer told me to lower the thermosta of the other radiator but it doesn't change anything, yet we cleaned it, my circulator is already on 3 so maximum. Thank you for all these answers.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/01/12, 14:52

Not precise enough the description of your home and what you currently consume, (is this measured over a year, or just estimated?)
because your problem is to determine, scientifically, if you consume too many pellets compared to the fuel oil really, or if it is only an impression, if you do not have more heat losses with the pellets than with the fuel oil ?
Otherwise you stay on impressions without ever leaving them.

Your radiators are not balanced, to have more in the last ones, you have to almost turn off the first ones which mow down all the water, this does not depend very much on the speed of the circulator, which just fixes the loss of T in the radiators. The thermostats are probably not closing enough.
0 x
nico14
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nico14 » 22/01/12, 15:10

Last winter we actually consumed 6,5T, and it's enough to count the number of bags, we are already at 3T. We turned on fuel oil the first winter of our purchase, without any insulation and very old-fashioned wooden windows, while the brand new. the first thermostats are at the mini ones, the colder they are. This cast iron radiator probe, some have 22 elements.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/01/12, 15:47

It becomes clear:

nico14 wrote:Last winter we actually consumed 6,5T, and it is enough to count the number of bags, we are already at 3T.We have toured on fuel oil the first winter of our purchase, without any insulation and very old-fashioned wooden windows, while the brand new. the first termostas are at the mini ones, the colder they are. This cast iron radiator probe, some have 22 elements.

But the pipes go through the attic, they are wrapped in socks don the surface is in fabrics, my installer to check, I still cover them with glass wool, even the impression of making costs for nothing, a little One more thing, the radiators in my last room are never as hot as the others so 2 degrees cooler in this room, my installer told me to lower the thermosta of the other radiator but it doesn't change anything, yet we cleaned it, my circulator is already on 3 so max. Thank you for all these answers

The weak point is the chimney at the end of the house, even during the day it is lit so rather a plus and at night the room is closed the room thermostat not being in this room. They installed the 500L tank at the start of February. I'm not sure that in the countries of the east all the houses have an insulation at the top level and yet those the remain reasonable in consumption. I find the invoice salty and not very profitable compared to the fuel oil.

I am in double glazing and I insulated my ceiling between the ground floor and the 1st by 6cm of TMS plus over 10cm of cellulose wadding, alone but the walls are not thick in stone. This is a house from the 70s. at 20degre.pour é é to change the boiler I fear that they do not agree, that with the balloon of 500L I had trouble then you thought for more.I emphasize that later I would have 70M more square to the floor for the rooms. Thank you for this information.

You consume too much, compared to fuel oil and this excess heat spent (approximately 1/3) somewhere, the fireplace ?? pipes cooled in the attic or elsewhere, etc ...
New windows are a typical business illusion !!

You have to find where ???? It is necessary to determine the difference in thermal operation compared to fuel oil !!

Otherwise you will spend for no progress, like the ball, by drawing lots, like in the lottery.

Have put a CMV, what real flow ???
It can be, if in the standards a real perpetual gust of wind, to put all the heat outside !!!

Try to see if by stopping it for a week, your consumption drops by 1/3 ???
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 22/01/12, 16:10

Well, I don't agree.

I think nico has two problems:

- The first, already existing before the installation of its pellet boiler, is the lack of insulation in the house. But if it consumed 2000 liters of fuel, it must necessarily consume a maximum of 4 tonnes of pellets (and even less with the better efficiency of the pellet boiler). So, if currently it arrives at a consumption of 6,5 tons, there is a second problem:

- The boiler is simply not working properly. We have already seen that it was very oversized, and very probably operates in very short cycles, particularly energy intensive. But to get to such overconsumption, there must be other concerns on this machine that collapse the performance. Is the print good? Is the primary and secondary air properly regulated (or parameterized)?

What is certain is that you don't have to waste time and money tinkering with insulation on a pipe or whatever. Your immediate problem is your boiler, not your house.

If your oil-heated house consumes "X" and the same pellet-heated house consumes "X" + 50%, it is only a boiler problem. Bar point.

At least that's my opinion...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/01/12, 16:29

Everything is possible, the boiler with 50% efficiency instead of 90%, the real cyclone VMC, the destroyed insulation around the pipes, something else that we do not think about !!

So scientifically test everything, note all the operation of the boiler for hours, in detail, stops, steps, fumes, etc. too thick, etc.)

Remove the CMV one week.
etc ..
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 22/01/12, 19:13

From ac with Roy:
2000L of fuel oil, with the same installation, a simple change of boiler, we should arrive at 3T / 3,5T of pellets. This is the case for a number of users, including myself.
Hence this question:
What changes have been made to the house and the facility compared to fuel oil?
If almost nothing, the boiler is wrong: too powerful, badly adjusted.
What temperature in the house?
One degree too much above 19 °, that's 7% of consumption. in addition. If 23/24 ° at home, that's 30/35% (see 40% towards 25 °) in addition to this damn too powerful boiler ....
Also see the quality of the pellets, the cheap ones have a lower calorific value, illusory economy ... What quality do you have?

So give us that information.

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
nico14
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nico14 » 22/01/12, 19:57

Thank you for all these comments, does anyone know this brand of boiler because I have the impression that it has little, does it work correctly in others? Otherwise I do not have vmc, only aeration at the level of my windows, the brand of my pellets is crepito, the ash is not fine to my taste, whatever they rule this worse, last winter I sent them a recommendation so that they could make changes to me like the duct which was inferior to the fetage me nothing or done despite the change, the smoke is invisible, my insulation could be improved but was non-existent with the fuel oil. 6cm of TMS plus 10 cotton wool under the ceiling was not obsolete considering the price that I have We treated me crazy by telling me that it was one or the other then the 2 together.We have no crawl space.We heat to 20 degrees during the day and 19 at night. was 19 during the day and 17,5 at night, not much change
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 22/01/12, 21:54

Hi, you could put a little effort into your writing, you are not easy to read.

Goods. :|
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
nico14
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nico14 » 23/01/12, 12:01

Hello, I have light smoke when starting, from 30percent they are invisible, a lot of ashes inside the fireplace on the walls while I cleaned it 8 days ago The ashes of the ashtray are dark with a lot of blackened granules but not completely burnt, for this problem they are tried several settings but it does not change anything suddenly they tell me that this is normal. The cover is slightly blackened in an otherwise white place. On the other hand, the boiler temperature is 70 degrees but as soon as the room thermostat triggers I go very quickly from 70 to 50 degrees, my boiler outlet is boiling while the return is warm, it then turns at 65,70 percent, my room thermostat cuts out long before it has regained its starting temperature, which may be why my last radiator is never as hot as the others. me 2 possible cases either poorly insulated pipes in the attic but they are looked at that did not cause them heat or I do not have enough reserve compared to the one I have in my house. I thank everyone for all these explanations
0 x