Abnormal Consumption Standby Multisplit Mitsubishi Mxz Air Conditioner

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

Abnormal Consumption Standby Multisplit Mitsubishi Mxz Air Conditioner

by PITMIX » 27/04/13, 13:38

Bonjour.
I have just installed a Mitsubishi Mxz 3c54va reversible air conditioning at home.

I noticed thanks to my ecowatt that this air conditioning consumes about 200w on standby.
What was my surprise for a so-called economical device is a shame!
After researching the web I realize that I am not the only one in this situation, but I have not seen any viable solutions.
I made this observation Friday evening so I have not yet called Mitsubishi. It seems that their answer is "an air conditioning consumes 10w on standby at most" (answer read on another forum).

After checking with the air conditioning clamp meter on standby under a 230V mono circuit breaker, there is 0.9A.
After 0.5- 0.6A transformer and 0.3A compressor power supply
For your information there is no crankcase heater on the compressor.
This one emits a very slight permanent buzz as if it were idling.
My question: Is this a wish from Mitsubishi? to prevent the compressor oil from freezing, unlikely in my opinion because a resistor consumes only 20 to 40w.
Another question: Is it normal with this type of electronics? there are induced currents in which case a shutdown load shedding system would be required.
Thank you for your help if you have ideas to submit to me I will make the necessary checks.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/04/13, 15:06

Hi Pitmix,

Coincidence? I have also just installed a reversible air conditioning for the heating, see discussion in this topic: https://www.econologie.com/forums/clim-rever ... 12393.html

Mine consumes 15W in standby ... (no light on on the indoor split) and it's an airton monosplit inverter, toshiba compressor.

Is your model inverter?

There, the only easy solution I see to avoid your overconsumption on standby is to lower the circuit breaker when it is not running ... otherwise make a regulation loop using the internal split regulation and supplying only the minimum to the air conditioning level? Because 200W of transformation loss in standby is a lot ...
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 27/04/13, 15:30

Hi Christophe. Yes that's what I do, in the meantime I turn off the circuit breaker. If there is no risk for the compressor I will find a solution unless an electronics pro or a good advisor from mitsu gives me THE solution. I hope to get some info from Mitsubishi because my company is working with them. I am sure they are aware of this problem. My air conditioning is a tri split inverter and I have the impression that it is the variable speed drive system which consumes 200w on standby.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 27/04/13, 21:55

I just read a post which explains that a switching power supply can cause a reading error on amperometric clamps. This may explain the phenomenon that would only be a reading error and not a billable consumption by EDF.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/04/13, 14:28

I measured with PM230 which takes into account the cos phi but I did not note it. On standby at home, I think it must be close to 1 ..

It remains to be seen where your cos phi degrades (if it degrades)?

After checking with the air conditioning clamp meter on standby under a 230V mono circuit breaker, there is 0.9A.
After 0.5- 0.6A transformer and 0.3A compressor power supply

Reading this, for me it is not a problem of cos phi but of transformation losses ... Your primary transformer would consume 0.3 A (no load is a lot but possible ...)

Moreover you say that the problem is the same with the other users? So the measurement error may not be the explanation ...
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 28/04/13, 19:48

> Is it normal with this type of electronics?

If an electronic thing consumes 200W there is a big fan on it and it is spinning. Either your measurement is wrong, or there is a heating resistor somewhere ...
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 28/04/13, 21:38

I'll go fishing for the news tomorrow, I hope to find out more. For the rest a priori no resistance or fan. The compressor hum stops when I unplug it but I only gain 0,2 to 0,3A. Unfortunately I can no longer find the technical manual of the group that could help me ...
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 29/04/13, 10:25

Response from the Mitsu hotline:
_ "it's normal yes the electronics consumes about 1A on standby".

No crankcase resistance so I will install a relay to cut the juice when the indoor units are on standby.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/13, 10:29

PITMIX wrote:Response from the Mitsu hotline:
_ "it's normal yes the electronics consumes about 1A on standby".

Waaaw that's what I feared for you!

And 200W @ 24h / 24h = 1800 kWh / year "for NOTHING" ...

In short it is one more scam !!

You asked the Hotline if it's motherfuckers took this into account in their calculation of the COP or in their commercial brochures ...

I'm angry for you there! : Evil: : Evil:

To solve there is more than to try to see if you can wire the internal control on a circuit breaker relay ... which would cut what is not "necessary" ... otherwise systematically tap the circuit breaker ... :(
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 29/04/13, 12:06

Yes that said the best cops are obtained on mono split hyper heating. A colleague has one and it consumes nothing on standby. He also has an eco Watt.
For info for those who thought about the crankcase resistance, today I am working on a 45Kw compressor which contains 7litres of oil and its crankcase resistance is 100w. My air conditioning compressor must contain 20cl of oil ... with 200w in the buttock ... I imagine the face of oil :P
0 x