Abnormal Consumption Standby Multisplit Mitsubishi Mxz Air Conditioner

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 05/05/13, 15:25

PITMIX wrote:I do not have a device to measure the cos phi however I have made a verification of the Edf meter.

Disc time to complete a revolution on the counter:

225w house on standby + air conditioning disjontée = 1tr / 1min8sec

338w idem + 1tv = 1tr / 24,94sec

480w ditto + 2 tv = 1tr / 17,40sec

538w 1tv on + air conditioning on standby = 1tr / 24,66sec

I suppose that in the last condition if the 200w were counted I will have measured a time of 10 to 15 sec.

I think it confirms a degradation of cos phi.

Hello Pitmix!

So don't worry!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 05/05/13, 16:10

Yeah it's cool !! 8)
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 07/05/13, 09:31

Bonjour.
I continue the checks all the same, to be sure of my shot. My meter is not blind and it counts 73wh according to my calculations. I counted 39 sec per turn with the air conditioning on standby against 57 sec with the air conditioning turned off today. This is 73wh more with the air conditioning on standby. You should know that a turn is worth 2,5wh.
According to this observation there is 200w total in standby including 127w of reactive current (not billed for individuals) and 73w active (billed). I am continuing the investigations because this active current still seems important.
0 x
crowned
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by crowned » 09/05/13, 20:45

Same kind of pb on my Atlantic galapagos fluid inertia heater, it consumes 24W 24/24 on ... OFF

Regarding the air conditioning I had as an indoor module -GE25VA which goes well with. after 10 years it never pays for itself compared to my ex convectors.
The air conditioning loses its effectiveness and becomes safe when it gets really cold, worse and worse as it ages.
I have two close models bought at 1 year intervals, same or close observation. The real copy is rather slightly under 2. Considering the cost to buy and maintain it is quickly seen. Let's not talk about noise and drying of the airways.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 10/05/13, 13:32

In my case it is for comfort in summer. I prefer to sleep with a dry throat at 21 ° C in summer, than sleepless night at 28 ° C like last year. I hope that the improvement in the insulation of the roof planned for this summer will limit the use of air conditioning to the maximum.
0 x
Other

by Other » 10/05/13, 16:15

Hello
PITMIX wrote:In my case it is for comfort in summer. I prefer to sleep with a dry throat at 21 ° C in summer, than sleepless night at 28 ° C like last year. I hope that the improvement in the insulation of the roof planned for this summer will limit the use of air conditioning to the maximum.

Question for Pitmix
My heat pump runs on Freon 22, it is an old model of homemaide construction. The compressor is a 3 piston hermetic style (5 ton). Currently I have used up my freon 22 bonbon reserve which is nowhere to be found on the market.
My question
What current freon substitute can I put in this system?
should we purge the entire freon 22 system before adding a new freon?
and it compatible with the compressor and the type of oil?

Andre
0 x
Other

by Other » 10/05/13, 16:48

Hello
PITMIX wrote:Bonjour.
I continue the checks all the same, to be sure of my shot. My meter is not blind and it counts 73wh according to my calculations. I counted 39 sec per turn with the air conditioning on standby against 57 sec with the air conditioning turned off today. This is 73wh more with the air conditioning on standby. You should know that a turn is worth 2,5wh.
According to this observation there is 200w total in standby including 127w of reactive current (not billed for individuals) and 73w active (billed). I am continuing the investigations because this active current still seems important.

I thought that the reagent is not billed, but with the old counters it is not entirely correct
Experience
cut all the electricity in the house connects a capacitor bank on a phase and neutral measures the amperage on the capacitors and will check if the meter is running : Cry:

Theoretically the capacitor is that of the reactant.
Theoretically the counter is that active running (but in real life ...)
I try as much as possible to have no reagent on the air conditioning engine compressor. On the way I plug capacitors to lower the amperage (from 80 to 120 microfarad)
(Do not forget that the amperage, whether active or reactive when it passes through the electrical circuits, is Amperage X Resistance squared which makes the heat losses.

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 10/05/13, 22:10

Hi André very happy to chat with you it's been a long time.
The current fluid closest to R22 is R407c in terms of pressure / temperature characteristics. The compressor oil (alkylbenzen) must be drained so that it is compatible with the new fluid (ester). Risk of acidity in the circuit. It is also necessary to replace what has seals (solenoid valves, valves, sight glass) But I know that there is another fluid made of mixture of several fluid. It is an explosive gas MO29 (R422D) supposedly no oil replacement or regulators or seal problems. In reality it is a real pain. There is no risk for the compressor if you change the oil. It is necessary to make a complete retrophite not to add R407c in R22 there you risk to break the compressor because of the oil which will become acid. The main problem of retrophite is the risk of leaks where there are seals. If your current installation leaks after retrophite will be x10.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 11/05/13, 09:16

FYI for almost a year the suppliers left the pros of the regenerated R22 (2 to 3 times more expensive) now we can not find any more. Maybe you will have better luck at home. Here you also need a certificate of aptitude for handling refrigerants to be able to buy them.
0 x
Other

by Other » 11/05/13, 19:17

Hello
thank you for the information
I'm going to find a bonbon by digging on the black market. : Evil: (easier to find an AK47 or ammunition than freon 12 or 22)
Otherwise it will be a complete change of the scroll compressor and accessory adapted to the new freon.
the one currently has a lot of hours of operation 13944 hours Tecumesche engine 5 hp ..

Andre
0 x