Choice of granulated boiler power

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Choice of granulated boiler power

by sicetaitsimple » 17/11/19, 18:41

commander_brin wrote:We will move in the next weeks so we will largely be able to discover the effectiveness of the grids bread before work for the boiler in January ... : Shock:

You will not be disappointed in a house from this era! My "electrical" suggestion was only for new rooms created in the attic using interior insulation to the best of what is reasonably possible in the old one, and for intermittent use.
0 x
kafa
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kafa » 17/11/19, 20:18

Hello,
I just replaced my fuel boiler of 1998 and 34kw with hot water production (98l tank) for 3 weeks by a 14kw pellet boiler also with DHW for a house of 160m2 on 2 levels.
this morning outside temperature of -4 ° c, my boiler is heating as if nothing had happened : Wink:
Last edited by kafa the 17 / 11 / 19, 20: 44, 1 edited once.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/11/19, 20:34

in summary, it is up to you alone to imagine how you want to live in this house, and that can have impacts in terms of architecture and sizing of the heating system (s).
But personally, the hybrid "something" + electricity "systems do not shock me, especially in systems where a significant part of the house is not occupied much of the year in the cold season.
0 x
commandeur_brin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by commandeur_brin » 18/11/19, 09:56

kafa wrote:Hello,
I just replaced my fuel boiler of 1998 and 34kw with hot water production (98l tank) for 3 weeks by a 14kw pellet boiler also with DHW for a house of 160m2 on 2 levels.
this morning outside temperature of -4 ° c, my boiler is heating as if nothing had happened : Wink:

Thank you for your answer ! Can you tell me a little bit about your house? Year of construction and insulation ... It's just that if you have a recent and well insulated house it will obviously not be the same! :D
0 x
kafa
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kafa » 18/11/19, 19:40

good evening commandeur_brin,
at the base the house is 98 with a living area of ​​90m2 with the insulation that goes with it ie chipboard wall, 100mm of glass wool and flat brick, attic which can be converted but not fitted out with I think 400mm of wool of glass.
in 2005 conversion of the attic space and insulation of the glass wool crawlers of 200 : Mrgreen: .
in 2016 extension of 45m2 with 120mm of glass wool in the walls and plasterboard, 320mm of glass wool under crawl + HPV film (one piece of 70m2 with cathedral ceiling).
this year replacement of the boiler and insulation of the old roof.
before replacing the boiler and insulating the roof I used about 1200l of fuel and -4 cubic meters of wood for my chimney.
0 x