Choosing a wood stove: Bullerjan or Jotul F3?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
roberto
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Choosing a wood stove: Bullerjan or Jotul F3?

by roberto » 03/03/11, 22:44

Hello to all forumowers. I wish to heat the floor of my house (the basement is for the moment an unheated workshop) with a wood stove. I work and I'm home only in the morning and evening. I hesitate between a very reactive stove (bullerjan), but without inertia and a traditional stove (jotul f3), which keeps better heat. The second solution is surely preferable so that the heat does not fall too much at night.
But I tell myself that the bullerjan will warm me up more quickly at night when I get home from work.
What would be the best solution? :?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 03/03/11, 23:03

A nice stove 30h storage or inertia by denis on econology:

Such a stove or modified insert can be fast with a hot air circulation in the exchanger at startup, hot air sent to the rooms to be heated.
I warm up quickly with an insert as well (without additional mass of inertia)

Just put refractory thermal masses all around to store the heat !!

There are simple massage plans on econology and internet.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 04/03/11, 08:23

There is also the granulated solution if you want the stove to be hot when you arrive :-)

For a small area, a stove can also be interesting: you avoid electricity for cooking in winter.
0 x
See you soon !
roberto
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by roberto » 04/03/11, 20:10

Thank you for your answers.

I do not have room to build a mass stove in one 60M 2 floor, and moreover, the floor will not support it.
As for the pellet stove, it is a possibility that I no longer consider for the following reasons:
- The stove is expensive
- The pellets are expensive
- These stoves are equipped with an electronic thermostat and an electric motor (more or less noisy), which generates two possible failures: The motor, the thermostat or both.
- The maintenance of these stoves is not easy and all the pros do not know how to do it. Those who know do not forget to make you check out ...
All these worries do not exist with traditional wood stoves.
My concern is especially the compromise speed of heating / inertia.
Steel against melting, Bullerjan against jotul. Knowing that I work during the day, it is necessary to manage at best the supply and consumption of wood. I wonder if the bullerjan is not (very) greedy in wood.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 04/03/11, 20:42

roberto wrote:I do not have room to build a mass stove in one 60M 2 floor, and moreover, the floor will not support it.

Good reason ;-)

And we know the surface, it's more precise.

roberto wrote:As for the pellet stove, it is a possibility that I no longer consider for the following reasons:

It was just to be sure that the possibility had been assessed, which was not specified.

roberto wrote:- The stove is expensive

What are the price ranges?

roberto wrote:- The maintenance of these stoves is not easy and all the pros do not know how to do it. Those who know do not forget to make you check out ...
All these worries do not exist with traditional wood stoves.

Especially because when the quality of combustion is not controlled, no need to regulate :frown:

roberto wrote:I wonder if the bullerjan is not (very) greedy in wood.

It happens when it is wrong : Cheesy:

Incidentally, it is all the interest of a fan for combustion air, because its flow is an essential parameter of the combustion quality, but also safety, because a poor natural draft can be dangerous.
0 x
See you soon !
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 04/03/11, 21:23

Cheap granules: 230 € / ton equals 60 € / sterile
expensive pellet stove: there are good ones to 1700 € ttc (and silent)
yes, there is an interview and parts to change after a few years. In return for extra thermal comfort and better security.
Heating with wood is a lifestyle, with its rhythms and know-how. If you're away, it can only be an extra heater, and a Bullerjan will be fine.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/03/11, 22:03

Yes for comfort there is no picture, see the firewood folder , on the other hand you can detail us the equivalence:

Philippe Schutt wrote:Cheap granules: 230 € / ton equals 60 € / stere.

Because in "raw" energy we have:
a) 5 KWh / kg pellets is 4,6 c € / kWh
b) 2000 kWh / stere

So it would give a stere to 92 €

If we suppose that the pellet stove has an efficiency of 90% and the log stove an efficiency of 70% then we have a "useful energy" equivalent of 72 € / cubic meter.
0 x
roberto
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by roberto » 04/03/11, 22:31

I want to invest less 1500 euros in the stove, because it must also add the amount of the installation ..
By doing a good outbreak on the way home from work, then reloading before going to bed, I think I have enough heat. For the mornings, it will be necessary to redo the fire (with the coals of the night) in very cold weather to keep a little heat. This is where the inertia of the cast would have its role to play.
At my parents, who had an insert, the timing of wood supply was the one I just described.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/03/11, 22:43

roberto, I advise you to read this topic https://www.econologie.com/forums/que-penser ... 10032.html because the author was asking the same question as you ...
0 x