Choosing a wood stove: Bullerjan or Jotul F3?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 04/03/11, 23:09

Simply because we see that we consume roughly a ton of pellets instead of 4 steres.
it doesn't fit the theory, actually. I think the difference comes from a significant deterioration in performance when wood stoves run on low power or the wood is not as good as in laboratory tests.
On this point, I measured the fumes with a testo 300. For pellet stoves I get in the 80-85% (advertised 91%). For wood stoves, I tested a stove advertised at 68% and I got 61% at the best measurement and with hard wood at 18% humidity. With faster wood (fir) at + -25% humidity I measured 46%.
I think wood stoves actually do between 50 and 60%.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/11, 09:53

Ok Phillipe I agree!

Just that 230 divided by 4 is 57.5 € : Cheesy:

Roh keske I quibble :)
0 x
Xavax
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Xavax » 15/11/11, 11:40

bernardd wrote:
roberto wrote:I do not have room to build a mass stove in one 60M 2 floor, and moreover, the floor will not support it.

Good reason ;-)

And we know the surface, it's more precise.

roberto wrote:As for the pellet stove, it is a possibility that I no longer consider for the following reasons:

It was just to be sure that the possibility had been assessed, which was not specified.

roberto wrote:- The stove is expensive

What are the price ranges?

roberto wrote:- The maintenance of these stoves is not easy and all the pros do not know how to do it. Those who know do not forget to make you check out ...
All these worries do not exist with traditional wood stoves.

Especially because when the quality of combustion is not controlled, no need to regulate :frown:

roberto wrote:I wonder if the bullerjan is not (very) greedy in wood.

It happens when it is wrong : Cheesy:

Incidentally, it is all the interest of a fan for combustion air, because its flow is an essential parameter of the combustion quality, but also safety, because a poor natural draft can be dangerous.

What do you mean if you are a heavy consumer of wood if it is not properly adjusted? How to properly adjust it?
0 x