Choosing a wood stove in restoration?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
ChaChaMasta
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Choosing a wood stove in restoration?

by ChaChaMasta » 23/10/12, 00:26

Greeting, I am posting this message asking for advice regarding the purchase of a wood stove:

Already I present a little housing which will accommodate this stove:

* Old attic that I rehabilitate in apartment / loft
* A large room of 7.50m / 7.50m approximately on 4m45 of ceiling with addition of a large mezzanine of 24m2 approximately on 1/3 of the room which makes about 245 m3 in all. In this room, 3 large windows facing south and 4 small to the north; stone walls of about 50 cm lined everywhere with 10 cm of rock wool.
A large closed fireplace made of red bricks that will accommodate the stove.
* Attic converted into an open bathroom, insulated with Triso Actis 8 (equivalent to 25 cm of wool) + 10 cm of wool and 2 south facing skylights

Heating level, I opted for electric radiators with double heating system from airelec plus so a wood stove that I would put in front of the existing fireplace.

So I seriously think about taking a wood stove, and wanting to save less than 1000 euros, I wanted to know what you think of Invicta stoves and more particularly these 2 la:
-http: //www.castorama.fr/store/Poele-a-bois-LA-BORNE-12-kW-Invicta-prod1950012.html? ecmp = RET_criteo
-http: //www.castorama.fr/store/Poele-a-bois-Chamane-14-kW-PRDm562710.html? navCount = 0

The first one because it is really cheap but I find it too small compared to the size of my brick chimney (1m high by 4m wide) and the 50nd which I find superb and which nevertheless quite powerful (too much can be?).
Compared to my main room area, do I need a 12 kw mini nan stove?
I specify that it will be necessary to pipe the conduit for at least 8m and that it is vertical to the exit.
If I do not choose the insert solution it is because I find the stoves prettier and it will be easier and economical to drill the wall to pass the casing than to install an insert!

If you have advice on wood stoves less than 1000 e, I am taker, thank you in advance, cordially, Aurélien :)
If you have any questions do not hesitate :)
I specify that I am on Dijon in the 21 :)

The existing chimney in question that I am currently restoring: scraping the old plaster, scraping the joints, polishing the bricks to find the red then new plaster on the joints :)
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 05/12/12, 14:17

Slut,

I have advice for you :) but avnt I have an info;) which is the definition of heating: "compensated for thermal losses due to lack of insulation"

Bilan prefers to put the maximum in your insulation and you will heat yourself with a candle;) so to speak ...

Then as regards the invicta do not hope to have more than what you will put in price, personal invicta for me these are of empty envelope which it is necessary to transform for well burnt, they have in fact especially of the look but when have buy a heater especially you should not just look at the price, look at the yield, but the real ones not those of the stoves that were used to do the tests, with in addition to hyper dry and well qualified wood, so what you don will undoubtedly never have your place etc etc ...

I think you should go see the stoves in operation go to HAsgard and see if there is actually a fire in a stove or if they are demo, try to realize the difference in power between several types of stove and compare the heat felt to the power and the performance announced ...

Or otherwise choose a safe and inexpensive value ask christophe what he thinks of his turbo stove;), it is on you will not have the same aesthetic but at the same time you will not heat yourself up much with an aesthetic and no heat;) ...

see you
0 x