Tubing of a chimney

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Big eater
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Tubing of a chimney

by Big eater » 09/12/10, 00:33

Good evening, I contact you, in order to obtain some information and in particular to know, if it is possible to tub a chimney flue, with enamelled steel pipes, instead of stainless steel pipes and if we can join a casing in stainless steel, a wood stove, by an enamelled steel connection.

Thank you for the help provided.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Casing of a chimney flue.

by Cuicui » 09/12/10, 11:14

Grosmangeur wrote:know, if it is possible to pipe a chimney flue, with enamelled steel pipes, instead of stainless steel pipes and if it can be joined to a stainless steel casing, a wood stove, by an enamelled steel connection .

I do not see what prevents the use of enamelled steel to connect a wood stove to a stainless steel casing.
For casing, we generally use flexible stainless steel pipe, it is practical and not very expensive (less than € 40 per m in 20 cm diameter at Brico-depot). For rigid enamelled steel tubing, I will be afraid of corrosion, especially at the fittings, where the enamel is most fragile.
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."