Can you help me choose my woodstove?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/03/11, 01:42

Stove without any technical information, much less than the Godin and therefore worse, unknown efficiency, therefore very lower, probably without heat exchanger, no green flame, nor information leaflet !!
Finally, a 70Kg stove has practically no storage capacity, you need a ton in a mass stove !!
emergency stove !!
On the manufacturer's site they are so little proud of this stove, that it does not appear at all, not found !!!!!
http://www.supra.fr/nos-solutions/poele ... NbItems=32

On the manufacturer's website, impossible to have installation and use instructions for the stoves manufactured, and therefore impossible to have any detailed information !!
I do not like that at all, to avoid, if problem, the manufacturer will be absent subscribers !! !!

Put a distribution of hot air pulsed by ducts, otherwise you will regret it !! personal experience, I can not do without it !!

we build our house

If you don't have enough money in reserve for the unexpected and a decent new heater, I'm worried about you, because you risk being victimized and stuck by poorly done work or bankruptcy, as happens in most new constructions and which happened to me 2 times out of 4 real estate transactions !!
And luckily I had a lot of money in reserve, 30% of the price, to have a strong back and hold out, whatever the big problems !!
0 x
vieupréau
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by vieupréau » 06/03/11, 09:10

thank you for being afraid for us
but it's like that !!!!
I don't see why the construction company would go bankrupt? I do not see the link with my stove budget? our budget is a certain amount and we make choices, like everyone else, in the management of this budget. we are not to be pitied, far from it, but the budget is not unlimited!

for distribution, it's too late, the house is almost finished. de +, I am not convinced by this system which has been in a house of my family for 20 years now. I think it depends on the users!

this stove is also named supra europa apparently
but in retail version so not the same name

it is written here that it would be a double combustion
http://www.esc-grossiste.fr/boutique/po ... pa-15.html

I think we will see at the store, and as I say, it would only be provisional, the time to know what we finally want

in the different subjects, I have not yet found where is the definition of an exchanger and how to find the references in a technical description. can you help me ?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/03/11, 12:50

in the different subjects, I have not yet found where is the definition of an exchanger and how to find the references in a technical description. can you help me ?

Having no knowledge or landmarks on stoves and probably on other techniques, I'm afraid for you that you are victims of profiteers who tell anything to sell and earn lots of money !!
Salespeople are very careful to keep the buyer in total ignorance, by providing as little information as possible, in order to better entice customers and not to be sued for lies !!

An exchanger allows heat to be exchanged between the smoke from the stove and the outside air (like a radiator) and is often undersized in wood stoves !!
Without an exchanger, the heat of the fumes leaves entirely in the chimney thrown out !!
The Godin had a deflector plate which allowed a certain exchange allowing to write 71,6% of efficiency under special conditions and therefore with a lower efficiency in normal usual operation, 40% ????, given the difficulty of respecting these conditions. never specified and secret !!
The Supra Europa 15 wood stove does not appear on the sites above:
http://www.supra.fr/nos-solutions/poele ... NbItems=32
and therefore this brand is not proud of it at all to the point that it does not appear in its catalog !!
But imported from exploited countries with derisory wages, it allows to earn a lot of money by selling it 2 to 5 times what it cost, like all the clothes that we buy resold 10 times more expensive !!
In the blah blah on
http://www.esc-grossiste.fr/boutique/po ... pa-15.html
it is not written double combustion, simply "vertical combustion" !!
No performance is indicated for this stove !!
This stove probably has an efficiency of 20 to 30%, since nothing is written (fumes at 500 ° C or even 600 ° C)!
So 2/3 of the heat goes outside via the fireplace !!
On 100 € of wood you throw 66 € out !!
You can increase it by putting a stove pipe through the whole house of 10m before the chimney which will replace the exchanger which is missing !!

The Godins of the 1900s, thin and tall, already had this vertical combustion and I remember, as a young child at school, 50 years ago, a stove that became red from overheating and exploded half an hour after starting, fortunately with a hole to evacuate the explosion !!
With clients like you I understand better why no technical information is often given !!

I don't see why the construction company would go bankrupt? ...
for distribution, it's too late, the house is almost finished. de +, I am not convinced by this system which has been in a house of my family for 20 years now. I think it depends on the users!

You are lucky to get to the end without too much hassle, because bankruptcies are not very predictable, given the cover-ups !!
But you risk the discovery of unforeseen and hidden defects once installed, as we often see !!
If you have not planned the heating before construction, it is a serious error which will block you as it begins !!
It is incredible that architects without morals, can continue to build houses without providing for the heating before construction and to make everything electric not to be expensive, and to cost a maximum in the future, both in price and in CO2 and future nuclear catastrophe of the Chernobyl type, inevitable sooner or later, like any other catastrophe, given that man is not infallible in perpetuity, as nuclear forces impose it for centuries and millennia !!!!

Your family's cast may be very poorly designed, but with nothing to distribute that heat, it can only get worse !!
For me, well designed, it is essential !!

Considering your total lack of interest in techniques, I understand better how you can find so many scams in heating and construction.
9 times out of 10 those responsible for scams act with impunity, without ever having to be held accountable to justice for their lies and deceptions !!
The poor do not have enough money to defend themselves in court and stop this type of endless scam !!

Good luck !!
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 06/03/11, 13:36

I don't think there are any stoves without double combustion on the market yet. after all, just remove the gasket from the top edge of the glass to create the secondary air intake.
Putting a pot of water, or in general cooking on top of the stove, cools the plate which improves the heat exchange and therefore the apparent efficiency. In addition, it avoids lighting a stove which is positive for the wallet and for the planet. :)

http://www.ecokamin.ru/catalog.php?ind= ... c-mini.jpg

1084 € + shipping costs and you can cook. 14kw power, 67% efficiency, 50cm logs, double combustion, fully bricked hearth, welded sheet enclosure. On the other hand it is a little heavier, 170kg.
there is an identical model but with a pipe that winds through the flue gas circuit, allowing a DHW tank to be heated. the yield is then 72%

It's not the best build quality, but the efficiency / price ratio is top notch.
they have other less powerful models (9kw), and also with an oven but there you have to cook on embers otherwise you burn the pie. : Cheesy:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/03/11, 13:49

This Russian link has a problem it changes the link and returns Russian even in very limited English !!
http://www.ecokamin.ru/catalog.php?razd ... =6&lng=eng
and prices in p. or py6 !!

Difficult to become an importer of Russian equipment ??????????
Without speaking and reading Russian a minimum !!
ПКП 012 Price: 25990 руб
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/03/11, 13:59

This Russian link has a problem it changes the link and returns Russian even in very limited English !!
http://www.ecokamin.ru/catalog.php?ind= ... c-mini.jpg
http://www.ecokamin.ru/
and prices in p. or py6 !!

Information or notice on this stove: nil !!

Difficult to become an importer of Russian equipment ??????????
Without speaking and reading Russian a minimum !!
ПКП 012 Price: 25990 руб
Last edited by dedeleco the 06 / 03 / 11, 14: 06, 1 edited once.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 06/03/11, 14:04

bah, the prices go roughly from 500 to 1200 € delivered to me. They are customers, their truck passes every 2 months. For the curious, I sell them the ironwork accessories that we see in the photos.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/03/11, 14:13

Conclusion, buy from Schutt in Alsace, you will have real after-sales service and additional ironwork to buy decoration and no need to speak Russian or customs.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 06/03/11, 14:29

Yes we can say that I am advertising : Mrgreen:
But I do not know of any other manufacturer making "cookers" at an affordable price (which was requested at the beginning of the thread) otherwise I would not have mentioned it.
0 x
vieupréau
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by vieupréau » 06/03/11, 15:18

dedeleco wrote:With clients like you I understand better why no technical information is often given !!
[...]
Considering your total lack of interest in techniques, I understand better how you can find so many scams in heating and construction.
[...]
Good luck !!

it's a shame that you attack me in your conversation

on that, i don't bother you anymore
as your desire is to say that those who do not know as much about it as you are all fools and well, so I remain a fool and still +, an assaulted fool !!!!

thank you for your "good luck", so I would go to the store to find out
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."