It's smoking, wood stove. Reverse print

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 16/10/13, 15:33

uh I don't know if I was clear yes: a non-return valve is placed after a VMC or extractor hood, it lets the air out of the house (which kills the draft of a stove if it does not there is no specific air supply), and prevents it from entering the house, to cool down, we agree.
the only air inlet of the stove must be dedicated, the "new" stoves have this connection I don't think:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/poele-pell ... 12831.html
0 x
the auvergna
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by the auvergna » 17/10/13, 09:36

Hello,

My vmc is manual, I have an interuptor to start it.
I have no air inlet for the stove.

I ask myself the question whether the problem did not come from the kindling that I used to light the fires, which would not be dry enough, because I noticed a very thick smoke.
Tonight I'm changing kindling.

Thank you for your advice
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 17/10/13, 11:26

normally the VMC is automatic, don't you confuse it with the kitchen hood?

apart from the kindling which must be dry yes, you should have a dedicated air inlet for the wood stove, otherwise it comes from anywhere, can be VMC when you are not using it, if it doesn't have a non-return valve, but then when you turn it on it messes up.

it is work but it is the rule of the art, an air inlet for the stove! good builders have always used one for fireplaces.
it is true that the best would be, on this air intake, an automatic valve slaved to a thermostat on the wood stove. we call that "fire damper" which cuts the air ducts in the event of a fire outbreak, we can control them on whatever we want.
I put an adjustable air grille, leroy merlin ...
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 18/10/13, 08:29

auvergna wrote:I ask myself the question to know if the problem did not come from the small wood that I used to light the fires ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68mi9A4fll4
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."