But where are we going? Lobbies against the cotton wool insulation!

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
patR63
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

But where are we going? Lobbies against the cotton wool insulation!

by patR63 » 26/09/13, 15:16

Hello everybody

It's been a good fifteen years since I am in the profession, with ups and downs but we managed more or less. In recent years, I have turned to ecological materials (cellulose wadding and wood fiber board, a bit of hemp recently) to boost my turnover but I wonder if it is worth it.

I came across an article on the internet and it's lamentable http://www.batiactu.com/edito/les-isola ... -35470.php

We're really taken for idiots! : Shock: : Shock:

Pat.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/09/13, 15:27

Last edited by Christophe the 27 / 11 / 13, 10: 10, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/09/13, 18:55

Eh yes !

It can often be observed that good (or nearly) laws are voted by parliament,

Then emptied of their substance in the calm silence of the ministerial cabinets, by the lobbyists via the decrees of application.

In my profession (installer of alarm systems in Belgium), a correct law was voted on 10 June 1990. OK !

And then, if the professional associations had not been vigilant, when the royal decrees were published, the societies which had been practicing the profession for years had almost been forbidden to practice on the pretext that they had not, Had no access to the profession of electrician. Other examples abound.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 29/05/14, 20:28

Chalutations

I disembark and just posted in: https://www.econologie.com/forums/ouate-de-c ... 10528.html
The current problem is that we are replacing a system that worked well, with another system that seems to be very crappy ...

Who will tell me which cellulose wadding can still trust, suppliers, unit price ???

Thank you and see you soon
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 29/05/14, 21:42

That's enough to reassure you and confirm that neither you nor I were more crazy than the one opposite ...

On his website ECIMA Acronym for: European Cellulose Insulation Manufacturers Association

http://www.ecima.net/index.php See also the other pages and especially: http://www.ecima.net/fr-sel-de-bore.php

Since 6 November 2012, the Commission for the Formulation of Technical Opinions (CCFAT) has again authorized the use of the CSTB Technical Opinions for Protected Cellulose Wadding in view of the recently clarified classification of boron salts in REACH With boron salt. The 18 Jun 2013, CCFAT granted an additional 2 years for Notices. A third year will be granted for companies that have applied to CSTB for a Notice for a Protected Cellulose Wadding with a new additive.
And I also attach the official press release: http://www.ecima.net/documents/13-06-co ... ma-pro.pdf

Here is the light on the European regulations and the use of boron salt in a moderate way.

Meow and a ++
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/05/14, 23:18

I am not convinced that cellulose is the best insulator: it is combustible and biodegradable: chemistry is therefore needed to correct the problem

Boron salt was the classic solution ... an absurdity imposed the ammonium salt that intoxicates everyone with ammonia

There are gendarmes to put fines in case of speeding ... which puts fines incompetent regulators?

Therefore it will be necessary to return to the salt of boron

And I prefer the good old glass wool naturally incombustible and rot-proof: no need for chemical additives

When we put glass wool in a fire it burns a little bit because there is still some glue to make it hold, but it is very weak: glass wool alone does not burn ... It must be put in a big fire to have the impression that it can burn
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 30/05/14, 14:26

Chatlutation!

I cannot subscribe to your chatelot16 point of view with regard to glass wool, the subject has been widely debated and it seems that most econologists had reached a consensus, the "good" formulation of cellulose wadding has much more long-term benefit than glass wool, I invite newcomers to read the very interesting documentation of wires regarding insulation to get an idea for themselves.
I put a link here, an interesting pdf on the laying of cellulose wadding: http://www.ouateco.com/pdf/brochure_ouateco.pdf
And reminds you that the problem of boron salt is solved for now.
I invite people interested in the use of cellulose wadding to be careful not to use old stock containing ammonium, the product having created serious worries see the links posted above ....

About resistance to fire, look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lExiXBFbFOs
Or you are shown the quality of resistance compared to two insulation, sorry it is in English my pictures speak for itself.
And go and hop again a very talkative: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62zGG9jcOOo

Friendship to friends, greetings to all others ...
0 x

chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 30/05/14, 16:32

The comparison to the lights is fun: compare wooden houses so that burns anyway ... so the energy of combustion of cellulose is not much and it seems that in their test the cellulose slowed down the fire, Can be thanks to the boron which indirectly flames what is around

In the case of masonry wall the glass wool does not burn and nothing burns

This idea of ​​seeing the boron salt preventing burning the rest of the wood, gives me ideas for insulation of the wooden floor and roof, and always with glass wool because it is the cheapest: a small layer of A perlin pine powder well chosen to prevent burning ... the treatments for fireproofing wood are quite expensive: it is finally simpler to add a bulk material
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 30/05/14, 22:45

Personally, it was glass wool.
I am convinced that blown cellulose wadding is better in insulation than glass wool panels, but I find that there is a lack of retreat on this material.

I ask myself a question with the blown cellulose wadding, how we do when we want to change it ... (in 20 years ...), it must be the shit to shoot?

After the glass wool, it feels for a good time, unless you have a perfect air tightness. (Complicated in renovation)
I had exercise asthma for 2 months this winter, the time to spit out all the grime. I had not had at least 25 years ...

SixK
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 30/05/14, 23:02

Why change in 20ans?

The glass wool is eternal, if it is in good condition

The bad example is the wool spread on the floor of the attic with tiles that allow water to pass when there is wind in the wrong direction! The problem is not glass wool but tiles, which are a means of covering another century ... helas almost obligatory

Now we correct the fault of the tile by a film under roof ... but how long will it last? I do not delude myself

With the corrugated sheet the glass wool underneath never gets wet and keeps its quality

Good the corrugated tole are not eternal either: to change all the 50ans

The idea that the tile is beautiful and the sheet not beautiful makes me laugh: the sheet has the beauty of efficiency
0 x