Wood boiler: blue flame burning pictures

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Wood boiler: blue flame burning pictures

by Christophe » 02/12/07, 18:18

As promised, here are some pictures and videos of the combustion and draft "valves" of our deom, see this topic for the general presentation: pictures-and-price-of-our-installation-boiler-stove-a-wood-t4368.html

It was impossible for me to take pictures of blue flames because it just does not appear with the flash ...

Daily consumption dose required by the Deom: 2 bins filled to the brim with compressed logs:

"Automatic" valve for adjusting the draft (very approximate precision but better than nothing), it is the "red" figures that count, the yellow is when you look on the other side:

Turbo hole:

Draw hole only for start:
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 05 / 11, 14: 50, 8 edited once.
0 x
pef
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pef » 02/12/07, 19:15

Super all that !!

In fact I understand better how the calorstat works here, they stupidly modified the hinge of the "turbo" air ...

You should put your videos on Youtube, it would be more user-friendly.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/12/07, 19:24

Yes that's all stupid, they put a thermostatic valve "graduated in ° C" connected to the draw valve of the "Turbo" ... It's very stupid but had to think about it and it is surely more reliable than n 'any other electronic regulation (albeit vastly less precise).

In any case the effectiveness of the principle is huge: even the ashes are sublimated (1 cleaning by heating season is recommended) ... cons cons I fear at the level of Nox so the T ° of combustion seems high ...

For good idea video! Youtube I do not have an account, for cons I will try to put them on Google Video (but I do not know if we can uproot .mov)

I test immediately.
0 x
pef
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pef » 02/12/07, 19:32

Christophe wrote:they put a thermostatic valve "graduated in ° C"

This is a calorstat called ca ... (it has other name too)

I fear at the level of Nox so the T ° of combustion seems high ...

Cad?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/12/07, 19:56

Ben calorstat is electric (I think) and it "cuts" beyond (or below) a temperature, it is not progressive like this system ...

The seller told me about a thermostatic valve ...

For Nox, the higher the combustion is in T °, ​​the more there are, I'm afraid so given the temperature of the heart of the deom to heavy load, that there are some that are emitted ...

Hold on this, I just put a document on theanalysis of the combustion and pollution of wood and biomass boilers as you will see ... it's not famous at all especially at the level of CO! :(

On the deom, nothing is adjustable so good ... one day I might be analyzing the gases for information.
Last edited by Christophe the 02 / 12 / 07, 20: 01, 1 edited once.
0 x
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 02/12/07, 20:00

ON ON MAX mode

And sauerkraut is for when!

SORRY

PARDON mode
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/12/07, 21:00

It's good because you're Alsatian that I do not get angry ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Colmant
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Colmant » 03/12/07, 18:52

thank you christophe and bravo

it's true it's hard to see the blue flames but I believe it.

Does this (the deom) work with logs in real tree wood and what autonomy for a mm refill with your compressed blocks?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/12/07, 19:44

Oops sorry for the delay, I did not see your question :(

Colmant wrote:thank you christophe and bravo

it's true it's hard to see the blue flames but I believe it.

Well on this video we can see the difference between the "bluish" or rather "purplish" flames on the video and the "cold" yellow flames from the top, no? But it's true that a video device can't see the blue flames well ... I don't know pkoi ...

Colmant wrote:Does this (the deom) work with logs made of real tree wood and what autonomy for a mm refill with your compressed blocks?

According to the doc it works with everything ... and it seems to really do very little ash ...

For autonomy it obviously depends on how you "pull" on it (as for any eh), by adjusting the draft valve to 70 ° C, 2 trays are sufficient for 24 h (from end of embers to end of embers) for the DHW and heated floors (approximately 50m² heated).
I would weigh the weight of a ferry occasionally.

But all this is very approximate: I do not even know what is the PCI of these logs (variable since their composition depends on the work of the craftsman of the village, but usually they are hardwoods, for parquet, so a priori to strong PCI: it goes from the oak to the ipé through the padouk ... etc etc).

In this regard, since 1 week we have no more buchettes (it will come back), so I put old end of fir tree dry (or resinous I do not know what it is) ... Well, it is the misery, it is necessary to reload all the 4h and if one wants to maintain a continuous combustion must put the draw on 90 ° C ... otherwise it can remain end unbuckled ... not top the fir :( :(
0 x