Wood boiler: new ECS installation diagram and PCs

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/08, 16:56

Bah fc and jean, you seem to want to be right: ok a big tampon is shit ... so I have to fire it and that I put 100% fuel oil? What else do I want to tell you?

Ah if I could tell you: we compare our economic bills when you want ... in euros and CO2 ...

What surprises me is that to my knowledge none of you 2 is equipped with solar ... but on the other hand you know better how it works than those who have it ... It does not bother you, a little ?

Cuicui is, I think, the only one who is able to judge our system because it is the only one who has a similar system and according to my memories he was amazed by the performance of our buffer compared to his ...

Obviously solar in winter it works less well, hence the usefulness of knowing how to store energy ... in a big balloon ...

Obviously there are also improvements to be made but with a small balloon we would have DHW for 2 days ... this is the case of Cuicui whose 30m² are no longer used these days ...

The ideal would therefore be 1 small DHW tank and a larger reserve... with priority on the ball. I thought about it and I may be recycling the fuel oil tank in this direction.

Our system is a PSI if you want: Indirect Solar Floor.

ps: fc89 DEOM does not have and will never have the power to keep the buffer at temperature ... and wood is not free ...

reps: for the comfort temperature it is very subjective, a girl can curdle them at 19 ° C ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 11/01/08, 17:54

Christophe, why are you mad?

We just give advice; we do not say we are right.

cuicui has no buffer because its swimming pool was at 7 or 8 ° in December I think.

I never said that your system was not good, but one can be skeptical about the storage in this very large volume and the loss of temperature undergone during period of absence of sun.

Do not talk about me, I have a gas boiler, but a very well insulated house. I am not your age and I do not want to load a wood boiler several times a day. For the moment the gas suits me well. for the next time we will see, I am the evolution for the pellets or other.
For the sensors, it will come. Everything in its time; but it is on that I will not do miracles with 6 m2 of sensors even under vacuum. I have no surface or roof slope to accommodate x ten m2 of collectors.

By cons, I remember the installation of fc89 done by himself (photos seen from the back of his chimney with heat recovery in the fireplace + distributor to the circuits of the heated floors) it is not the amateurism; he knows his job well. We can't call him a gigolo.

It would be interesting to know how much wood (and fuel?) He consumes per winter to heat himself.

cuicui
simply said that it was heating with wood that its sensors were simply used to produce the DHW.

Regarding your reserve of 70 m3, you use it as you wish. You are the only one to have such a tampon. I have not seen such in any article or forum on solar installations.

Do you know others in Belgium for example?

What I dreamed of is being able to store the heat produced in summer to reuse it in winter, but we would have to send the water to very great depths !!!! : Mrgreen:

Too bad no one else comes to give their opinion on your installation. Without us, you will have no opponent. It's still good to be able to exchange ideas;.

Thanks to fc89, I learned what is used and how does my GIANOLA homogenization bottle work; It does not offend to have learned 20 years after the install how it works.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/08, 18:15

jean63 wrote:Christophe, why are you mad?

I get angry? Mmm no you know that I can get angry much stronger than that ...

jean63 wrote:cuicui has no buffer because its swimming pool was at 7 or 8 ° in December I think.

I do not see well the relationship between his pool and a buffer ...?
To my knowledge Cuicui does not use his swimming pool as a buffer ... if?

jean63 wrote:I never said that your system was not good, but one can be skeptical about the storage in this very large volume and the loss of temperature undergone during period of absence of sun.

But the loss will be much worse or rather the autonomy will be much weaker on a SMALL volume ... that's what I'm trying to make you understand ... but the rise in T ° would also be much faster. .. hence the usefulness of a double balloon a small and a large ...

jean63 wrote:By cons, I remember the installation of fc89 done by himself (photos seen from the back of his chimney with heat recovery in the fireplace + distributor to the circuits of the heated floors) it is not the amateurism; he knows his job well. We can't call him a gigolo.

I didn't call him funny, I said he didn't have a solar system ... but let's move on ...

jean63 wrote:Regarding your reserve of 70 m3, you use it as you wish. You are the only one to have such a tampon. I have not seen such in any article or forum on solar installations.

Do you know others in Belgium for example?

No idea, I think there should be no more than 10 houses like that in France ...

jean63 wrote:What I dreamed of is being able to store the heat produced in summer to reuse it in winter, but we would have to send the water to very great depths !!!! : Mrgreen:

Well, it was surely the idea of ​​the architect who made the plans ... only it was not enough because in fact the oil boiler was added after it is clearly seen ...

Now what you need to know is that a) summer has been rotten b) I optimized the buffer, there were still quite a few losses (see the hydraulic mortar I made ...) .

So I hope 2008 will be a better year.

Oh, we also started the solar system only at the end of April. It can also play on the balance sheet of this winter since it still misses March and April which can be very sunny months!

If not for your idea, we can imagine another buffer system: it is to use the soil under the house ... but this requires more significant means than a casing and a sacred heat pump (and in the event of a leak from the heat exchanger the system is dead and irreparable, unless you have mole friends ...) ....

Good weekend!
0 x
fc89
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fc89 » 11/01/08, 19:49

Hi,

To answer Jean63, I heat 155m² plus a garage of 30m² with 15 cubic meters of wood and 250l of fuel oil per year, and no room is cold.
Christophe I would not tell you anything more because you are always apparently right ..., except one thing if I do not have your other equipment and I myself may have skills to judge (even if they are only intélectuelles).
Chao!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/08, 22:42

No need to take it like this fc89 ...

It's not a question of being right or not but it's a question of knowing what we're talking about and proposing realistic improvements and changes. Say that you have to put 3 or 4 3-way valves (at what cost ??) without saying precisely where but above all pkoi it does not bring much to the debate ... A non-motorized 3-way valve is irrelevant what because there are only 3 (see 2) ball valve ...

In addition, speaking of judgment, I think you had, and you FC89 particularly since you seem particularly good in heating, all analyzed my 1st diagram before I embark on the assembly and NONE of you mentioned the fairly serious problem of internal corrosion of the heat exchanger in reverse assembly.

I made a mistake, I assumed and I modified and I hope that my mistake will prevent others from doing it ... but nobody had mentioned it BEFORE, it was however a pretty mistake coarse ...

It was just an example that in technique you always have to keep a little humility ...
0 x
fc89
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fc89 » 12/01/08, 00:31

I can't let you say that:
It is not a question of being right or not but it is a question of knowing what we are talking about and proposing realistic improvements and changes.

Take a good look at the dates of issue of your plan and that of my message.
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post61198.html#61198
You have a short memory, young man.

When you say:
NONE of you mentioned the fairly serious problem of internal corrosion of the heat exchanger in reverse assembly.

You talk about this:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post64445.html#64445
You didn't find anything, again you got help. : Mrgreen:
Especially that in the first assembly, it was not a corrosion problem given the small quantity of domestic water in the DHW, but a problem of exchanger.
And that:
It was just an example that in technique you always have to keep a little humility ...

You don't run out of air, nothing stops you :?

You don't have to condense people who want to help you.
Good evening dear friend.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/01/08, 07:56

I don't know pkoi but I knew you would take it like this ... : Cheesy:

fc89 wrote:Take a good look at the dates of issue of your plan and that of my message.
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post61198.html#61198
You have a short memory, young man.

I remember this diagram very well (this is the only alternative offered and I thank you for it) .. only here is the price of 4 motorized and regulated 4-way valves it was my total budget ... then your plan n 'was not at all with my existing system: for example, I never spoke of a wood / fuel boiler but of a fuel AND a wood.

The 2 are not in the same room by the way ...

fc89 wrote:When you say:
NONE of you mentioned the fairly serious problem of internal corrosion of the heat exchanger in reverse assembly.

You talk about this:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post64445.html#64445
You didn't find anything, again you got help. : Mrgreen:

How should I take this remark? Is it a shame to get advice and help? So yes, I admit, unlike some, not knowing everything ...

So obviously I got help but not from YOU ...

Mutual aid is not the foundation of a forum?

fc89 wrote:Especially that in the first assembly, it was not a corrosion problem given the small quantity of domestic water in the DHW, but a problem of exchanger.

Once again you seem to know the assembly better than I do, saying without any fear: "it's not a corrosion problem" ... and once again what do you want me to answer to this?

It was the 2 my dear: heat exchanger bp (significant temperature variation) and corrosion. Anyway, we are burying it is solved now ...

fc89 wrote:You don't have to condense people who want to help you.
Good evening dear friend.

I do not condemn anyone, only, everyone can be wrong ... in this case on the problem of reverse mounting you were wrong ... but me too if that reassures you ...

ps: this kind of post does not really interest anyone ... except you and me (and again ...) and I think we are as stubborn as each other so good ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 12/01/08, 11:58

I do not condemn anyone, only, everyone can be wrong ... in this case on the problem of reverse mounting you were wrong ... but me too if that reassures you ...

I find you a little hard there.

Nobody has the idea of ​​doing a reverse assembly. You were lucky that your plumber alerted you, but didn't accuse anyone of not warning you. No one on this forum apart from FC89 and I did not come to discuss your editing.

It is a pity that this subject becomes controversial very quickly.

The best thing is not to talk about it any more and that you keep us informed of the results .... it won't interest many people anymore.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/01/08, 12:00

Ben is also hard on me ...

Yes let's sponge it is really the loss of energy these controversies of who is right and who is wrong!

The 2nd assembly works anyway bcp better so stop this sterile controversy please.

The important thing is to move forward by making and distributing a reliable and durable assembly! That's all that matters ...
0 x
Christophe

mass of a big bag of pellets

by Christophe » 11/02/08, 10:14

Christophe wrote:Image

Just for information, I just estimated the mass of a big bag at 370 kg.

Big bag volume: around 850 L.

Estimated density of a briquette: 940 kg / m3.
A big bag "without vacuum" would therefore weigh 800 kg.

Such a difference is explained by the vacuum between the briquettes.

We therefore have nearly 54% of "empty" in a big bag of briquette.
(we are therefore very far from the 6 to 700 kg that I imagined it weighed ...).

The larger the grain size, the more vacuum (logic) there is.

So for standardized pellets (see https://www.econologie.com/proprietes-de ... -3623.html pellet density and bulk density) there is about 45% vacuum which is already a lot considering the size difference between the 2!
0 x