oil boiler modified wood pellets: Ferroli kit

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: thanks

by dirk pitt » 05/11/13, 18:40

DETRY wrote: , I was also offered to reduce the diameter of exit to the chimney what do you think?

forbidden too !!
the diameter can only go by increasing (or remaining the same) between the boiler outlet and the roof exit.
0 x
Click my signature
Tikteklak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tikteklak » 05/11/13, 19:01

sapeur3873 wrote:my installation works pretty well too, I did the same thing as you ....
I'm not with a ferroli kit, but after all it's the same thing.
what would I be curious about how does the ferroli kit work?
pellets arrive every how many seconds and for how long?

please
on the other hand I have a buzz in the boiler from time to time that I did not have with the fuel oil, do you think that it is a draw problem? too powerful? I did not have it with my oil burner.

if that's the case? does the pull moderator work vertically too?
because the only place I have is on the pipe of the chimney 'the hatch that serves me to sweep and evacuate condensa I think.

Simple operation: a worm brings the pellets to a high anointed from where they fall by gravity into the crucible. They are lit by a thermoresistance and a fan blows the flame in the boiler body. For the flow it varies from 3 to 7 kg / hour depending on the power. I invite you to look at the pdf record which is available in a little higher on the subject (from page 14) you will find a table with the factory values ​​of the 5 powers of the burner (time activation screw in end and power of fan) . Me the burner runs in power 2 with almost factory values.

For the drawing, difficult to diagnose it from a distance ... This of course varies with the diameter of the casing, the height of the duct and the temperature of the fumes, which is not identical between oil and pellets ... and your casing current is suitable for fuel oil. Similarly, reducing your diameter can also, depending on the height of the conduit, lead to a larger draw ... The easiest way for me to rent a depressometer and measure the draft. There you could act in knowledge. In case of overdrawing you could install a moderator (which requires compliance with the rules of horizontality, plumb and distance from the duct to function effectively, you could check with the depressometer).

Regarding the buzz and the question of power, if your burner is not more powerful than your original burner, logically no worries.

A +
0 x
sapeur3873
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sapeur3873 » 05/11/13, 19:04

the operating principle, I thank you, but I know a little bit anyway.
I myself have a burner B-max pellet mounts on my oil boiler.
the operation is identical at this level.

I just wanted to have your user feel and be able to compare the differences in operation with my burner.

but thanks for all the explanations!
0 x
Tikteklak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tikteklak » 05/11/13, 19:19

Oops, I misinterpreted your sentence "I would be curious to know how the ferroli kit works?".
It is a modulating burner on 5 power level. The factory settings are refined by intervening on parameters such as 1 level auger activation time, then 2 ..., fan power for 1 level, then 2 ... and period adjustment.
My settings are:
Period (activation time + deactivation) = 16 seconds
Power 1: Ventilo 41 Pa and Time activation screw 3 seconds
Power 2: Ventilo 79Pa Time activation 5 seconds
My boiler being a wood model of 22kw I do not exceed this level.

Hoping to have seen just question answer this one :D
0 x
sapeur3873
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sapeur3873 » 05/11/13, 19:25

please
yes you saw very well.
0 x
bandol
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by bandol » 08/11/13, 23:23

I am trying to install sun burner P7 I am stuck on the electrical connections need a diagram and some explanations thank you
0 x
Tikteklak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tikteklak » 22/11/13, 15:05

bandol wrote:I am trying to install sun burner P7 I am stuck on the electrical connections need a diagram and some explanations thank you

??? At which level, the record contains a complete connection diagram.
0 x
bandol
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by bandol » 22/11/13, 15:26

Thank you for your answer
I understood the branch with cut between terminal 7 and 8
I would like to know
1: how to connect room thermostat
2 if you can adjust the temperature of the probe connected terminals 11 and 12
I understand that it was pre-set on 80 ° so that the water of my boiler began to boil. The probe had to cut too late
0 x
Tikteklak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tikteklak » 22/11/13, 15:32

You can set the setpoint. At the top is the U01 parameter which defaults to 80 ° c.
I find it very surprising that your boil ...
0 x
bandol
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by bandol » 22/11/13, 15:37

thank you excuse I write on two media at the same time
so I can set the cutoff between 35 etb 80 if I understand correctly
0 x