Wood boiler in series with low temperature oil boiler

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

Re: Wood boiler in series with low temperature oil boiler

by Did67 » 23/01/19, 19:49

Philippe Schutt wrote:
We have got in the habit of putting a thermostatic touch set to 40 ° to the bottom third of the balloon, which lights a light near the stove. So people know that you have to stop charging, otherwise they continue to overheat even with 1000 L!

Ah this is a find! Like the thread to cut the butter, it was enough to think about it ... A device to 3 balls !!!

For the rest too: 100% agree.
0 x
newstarnord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by newstarnord » 01/02/19, 15:59

Hello,

The inverted flame is the same as the gasification boiler?
I am interested in chain regulator boilers because it seems to me less subject to electronic breakdowns.
But I saw in low cost boiler LAVA 15 kW gasification.

Another thing, I saw the specs of the Vigas 25S and this one is able to maintain an "idle" speed.
I do not really understand, the maximum performances are normally obtained during a "sharp" outbreak and that is why a buffer tank is needed? Where is the point of the slowdown diet?

And as this boiler can modulate its power, is there any interest in modulating the temperature of the buffer tank as on an oil boiler, depending on the outside temperature?

Some regulate the temperature with a three way valve and limit the exchanges towards the buffer tank according to the external temperature: here: energies-renewable / map-installation-boiler-wood-logs-vigas-25s-t6265.html ?

I have trouble understanding these details.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 02/02/19, 00:32

Yes reverse flame or gasification boiler is the same
The temperature of the water of the heating body is also regulated with a chain but the air is divided into primary air and secondary air. Initially I give two thirds to the secondary air.
in addition there is a smoke extractor controlled by a thermostat on the water and on the fumes.
The "water" settings depend on the chimney draft:
1. hot chimney and balloon rather cold, I try to get 150 degrees of smoke only with the chain, extractor off, no more. On my thermometer it's the low limit for smoke without bistre. The water temperature of the heating body is then determined by the termovar in principle 60 or 65 degrees and the start will probably have 10 degrees more. I adapt the length of the chain so that the heater gives me the same value.
2. Then I set the immersion heater to the desired temperature and the water thermostat of the extractor just a little below.

I set the flue gas thermostat to 200 degrees, and then refine in the range of 180 to 250 degrees.
The temperature of the water leaving the boiler will necessarily be above 65 degrees. The priority is given to the quality of combustion, very white ash, bright flame and very clear.
The modulation of the temperature of the flask is a secondary effect of the mixing of the water by the circulators. Once the house is hot and the thermostatic faucets or mixing valves a little closed the phenomenon fades.

The regulation on the radiator side can be done in different ways the mixing valve with external probe is one of them.
0 x