Easypell boiler adjustment

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Easypell boiler setting

by Philippe Schutt » 26/12/18, 15:49

Phil31 wrote:Hello everyone,

I am having difficulty adjusting the temperature of my easypel boiler. Someone could explain:
The hysteresis, the compensation on the electronic box and the compensation on the thermostat of so.de interior.
Goods.

The hysteresis is the difference of T ° between the opening and closing of a dry contact. On a boiler, the difference of T ° of the heating body. Typically 10 ° on oil boilers. Thus a boiler set to cut at 60 ° only turns on again when it goes down to 50 °.
as you have a probe, the map will create a hysteresis by program.

C
There is a dispersion of the characteristics of the probes, they do not measure the real T °, ​​there is an error. For example, the ambient probe measures 19 ° while it is 20 °, or the start probe measures 40 ° instead of 38 °. This error is a constant. The compensation corrects this error.

After that there is the compensation of the water law by the ambient thermostat, but I do not think that it is about that.
0 x
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thomas80 » 26/12/18, 20:04

@Philippe Schutt: I am at the foot of the slope at 30 ° C and a slope of 1.2.
For my conso, we will see at the end of the winter ...
0 x
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thomas80 » 09/01/19, 14:21

Hi everybody

I still have two questions:
- It is 4 ° C today outside. I have one foot for my heating curve at 30 ° C and a slope at 1,3. Could someone give me the formula to calculate the theoretical temperature of departure (I think it's something like 30 + 1.3 * (T ° asked - T ° ext) but it does not stick with the temperature theoretical displayed by the 43.9 ° C boiler). I specify that I have the requested temperature of 19.5 in the living room.
- Second question: I have a temperature on the go of 42,9 ° C and for the return of 39 ° C (displayed by the group of the valve 3 channels). Does the difference seem normal or too small? (installation with radiators fonts and steels)

Thank you in advance
Thomas
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 09/01/19, 14:45

You have to consider the starting time in the circuit, after mixing by the V3V. This is where your "start time" is (in the circuit). The boiler temperature does not mean anything since there is re-mixing. My boiler is between 60 and 75 °, but my departures from 25 to I don't know how many ...

Hence two things:

- if it is the boiler temperature, it is worrying: it is not desirable that they fall under 60 °, at the risk of condensing

- and indeed, the difference is small for radiators with "small surfaces" ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 09/01/19, 14:49

I do not remember: you have an active room sensor ???

The start time is calculated according to a formula of the kind (some small variations according to the software):

TDep = TPied + slope (setpoint temp - external temp) - k. (Measured internal temp - set internal temp)

k being the factor of the room sensor (from 0 to 10)
0 x
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thomas80 » 09/01/19, 16:04

Thanks Did67

The 42,9 ° C correspond to the temperature of the water for the start in the circuit (not the boiler which around 68 ° C).

I have a room sensor with compensation to 3 but since there is no sun today the probe should not lower the temperature of departure.

For the calculation of the starting temperature, I do not understand how the boiler calculates it since with your formula it should be closer to 49 ° C. But as with the 42,9 ° C I have the temperature requested ...

For the small difference between the departure and return temperatures, can I remedy this by, for example, lowering the water circulation speed and what will be the impact?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 09/01/19, 16:34

If you have the desired temperature, then that's fine.

There may be a gap between your thermo start and the "figure" that the regulation considers. Due to the tuning method, you can just tune with wrong numbers!

Good if you have the right temperature with such a low delta ...

In principle, the amount of heat brought into a room or housing results from the product of the flow x delta t (temperature difference).

If you increase the flow, the delta t will decrease ... The water will come back hotter! There is not much interest. For reasons of electricity savings (if your circulator is not of the latest generation, it is a large consumer of electricity, because even if it only consumes 50 or 70 W, it is hours and hours!). The new generation is much less greedy, to the point that a replacement is "profitable" (you get your money back in a few years!).
0 x
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thomas80 » 09/01/19, 16:47

My circulator is brand new so must consume little.
So as I reach the desired temperature no need to change the delta? The increase will lead to a greater conso because the return water would be colder and therefore more ernergivore to warm up: I understood everything : Cheesy: ?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/01/19, 14:00

Thomas80 wrote:My circulator is brand new so must consume little.
So as I reach the desired temperature no need to change the delta? The increase will lead to a greater conso because the return water would be colder and therefore more ernergivore to warm up: I understood everything : Cheesy: ?

1) Perfect. It is therefore low consumption (it has been compulsory for a few years).

2) No, the argument is wrong. Consumption is a question of "leaked" calories on one side, which must be produced on the other (in the boiler, where this generates consumption).

I remind you that the amount of energy transported is the product of the flow rate by the difference in temperature.

The reasons for not raising the temperature too much and slowing down the circulators, which would lead to a higher delta (the water "passes" less quickly through the radiator), are the losses (excluding the housing - the more your pipes, the circulators, V3Vs are hot, and the more they radiate and lose heat in the boiler room).

Too much lower the temperature and increase the speed (to bring the same amount of energy) is to reduce the gap, it will reduce losses, but increase the conso of your pump! You may be able to scratch 0,5% yield. But multiply your electric conso by 2 or 3 !!!

Normally, a radiator, for the power displayed on the label, loses 10 °. If the gap is smaller, its power will be lower.

It is therefore necessary, as often in life, to look for a compromise !
0 x
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thomas80 » 10/01/19, 18:13

Ok, I'm going to make a little bit more.
But besides, can the flow rate of the circulator be regulated or is it managed by the regulation?

And I have another question. I sometimes hear about dew point. My boiler having a return temperature around the 40 C, there are no dew point ridges?
0 x