Hydrogen boiler and Stirling

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 14/12/06, 14:49

GRRR!

I should have known; the aim Micogen response.

M Malochet,

Thank you for your inquiry on the Stirling engine.

Currently, Microgen Energy Limited are working in partnership with leading boiler manufacturers on the development of a microCHP appliance based on our Stirling engine technology. We are Focused on this specific implementation of the engine and are not looking to --other Develop partnerships. Can I suggest That You contact us in about a year When there May be more Opportunities.

Thank you again for your interest.

Regards

Anne Dewhurst

UK Marketing Manager

tel: 01733 362 754

mob: 07917 217 415

www.microgen.com

Microgen develops Stirling for its exclusive partners in the marketing of the boiler in early post, and can not in any case or provide information, let alone sell ...

I rencarder me from the manufacturer DE DIETRICH, to follow ...
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Giul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Giul » 17/01/07, 06:57

Hello
About that,

New patents on Stirling
inventor talking about here:

http://forums.futura-sciences.com/thread113563.html

@+
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 17/01/07, 11:03

YES, thanks, it's indeed interresting

This confirms what I think of applications, Stirling would be perfect for generators

For example on vehicle exhausts for générerer usable current is a supplementary electric motor or for electrolyzed water :o

Engime average used to propel a vehicle 1000Kg is around 15KW, 50% of heat loss on the exhaust we can realistically estimate to be recoverable
the performance of a combustion engine being around 35%, 65% of the available energy is lost by Joule discharged from the 20% radiator and exhaust 80%

either 50 80% of% of% of gross 65 fuel power
ie say 15 / 0.35 0.5 x x x 0.8 0.65 8.5 area = KW average (And vicinity 55KW pointed to an engine or 100CV 75KW)

8.5 KW average would be electrolyzed such 2650 l / h + H2 O2 gas, but the size of such an electrolyser would be detrimental
or may be directly used on an electric engine booster, the stirling engine pretend to be reduced in size.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 17/01/07, 11:08

Capt_Maloche wrote:8.5 KW average would be electrolyzed such 2650 l / h + H2 O2 gas, but the size of such an electrolyser would be detrimental
or may be directly used on an electric engine booster, the stirling engine pretend to be reduced in size.

Stirling could be a very good solution for hybrid cars: well we would recover more energy from the engine to power the batteries ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 16/04/08, 14:50

I come back to the subject following the publication of an article concerning the cataloging of the "Generator" boiler cited at the beginning of this subject:

I just revive De Dietrich about it, and apparently related, this boiler is still not to the catalog ... I expect a call from a shopping tomorrow

Image a link to the engine manufacturers STIRLING: http://www.sesusa.org/links.htm
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/04/08, 15:42

For sure it's a great solution. I am very sympathetic to the micro CHP (Stirling or not, we can consider a good old diesel whose calories heat the domestic water). But EDF is perhaps less ...

@+
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 16/04/08, 20:02

Austrian company has developed a Stirling module mounted on boiler granulated. it's about 2 years and they have a partnership with KWB and OKOFEN. Normally, the raw boilers should be available this year, but it's More 1 year I manifest my interest and I have only vague answers.
the big worry is that there is no electricity feed-in tariff for individuals who make cogeneration with pellets (with gas, I do not know)
So without electricity purchase agreement, which will invest a portion whoever wants his juice for himself ??? limited interest.

go I put the links, it will avoid you seek.
KWB
SPM
0 x
Click my signature
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 16/04/08, 20:37

Thank you for the links, but it's not for boilers I m'interresse about, but for Stirling modules to adapt known hot springs
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 09/10/08, 15:49

Aaaaahhhh! That's it !

I just met a representative of De Dietrich this morning and here are the docs and animation of the said boiler

It should be available in 2009, they call the BOILER GENERATOR
There is actually a small burner 5KW dedicated to Stirling in series with a conventional burner

View presentation

Now, with the account, with gas at 0.053 € TTC From Kw.h and a yield of 1 / 4.8 it makes the electric KW.h prices produced by this boiler x 0.053 4.8 0.254 = € !!

Waiting to see if like for photo voltaic, EDF will purchase the product KW.h 0.55 € :D in which case I moved ten and I take my retirement : Cheesy: it would make a benef of 72 € per day : Mrgreen: and how CO2?

Let's reckon that we recover more 3.5 KW thermal to heat its hot water ... if necessary

Available in winter undoubtedly
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/10/08, 14:39

Hi Maloche ...

What is this calculation apothecary 107% yield?

Otherwise, I saw the ppt, poor electrical efficiency, only 16%. This is because they use a "free piston engine" which does not respect the Stirling cycle. In terms of reliability, on the other hand, it is a wise choice, but at the sacrifice of performance.

Dietrich would be well advised to mount a SPRATL in his zany ... :D

What also interests me is the "blackbox" type connection directly to an electrical outlet.

In my opinion, EDF will soon bitching when he sees the meters turn upside down ... I even believe that it is not always possible. So :?:

Still welcome this great initiative: it is clear here that speak French and Germans act ... : Idea:
0 x