Ökofen boiler: reflection on settings and DHW production

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 05/10/11, 14:47

In my humble opinion, 1T./:an is 5 000kWh for ECS with 2 people it is largely counted:
For us, two people, we used about 2 kWh in off-peak hours, the water heater was elec. In fact 000 for DHW only, but let's do a "ladle" calculation.
Either 1000 kWh in winter (6 months), same thing in pellets corresponds to 200kg (hot boiler, good performance).
Let 1000 kWh in summer (6 months) but estimated yield 0,5 (?, to see) or 400 kg.
Total 0,6 T.
We are economical: showers.

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
aurelwine
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by aurelwine » 05/10/11, 18:13

Well for me I think that with the electricity for the ECS I always keep my little 120l while with the boiler, I can manage the ranges of heaters, and those who do not deserve it.

Technical question: how to do not have a single programming? because for now even if I put a charge in the morning, the boiler will start on the road at least once in the afternoon because it is indicated if temperature inf 30, it starts automatically ... is there something to do doc?

Thank you!
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 05/10/11, 20:04

aurelwine wrote:Technical question: how to do not have a single programming? because for now even if I put a charge in the morning, the boiler will start on the road at least once in the afternoon because it is indicated if temperature inf 30, it starts automatically ... is there something to do doc?

Hello,

You can read this: http://forums.futura-sciences.com/habit ... esioe.html

And I still improved my settings.

FYI, I consume a hair less than a ton of pellet per year for the ecs for us 5 family plus a tenant (6 people)

A+

PS: I think 120 liters is ridiculously too small ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/10/11, 20:43

ECS, ... Either 1000 kWh in summer (6 months) but estimated yield 0,5 (?, to see) is 400 kg.

reading this, I realize that, involuntarily, throughout this summer and this hot October, I have not taken a single hot shower, and that therefore in summer, with my wife too, I have no need hot water to wash myself !!

Indeed in the 83, I rinse and wash outside in the sun, cold tap water perfectly nice, in fact, no colder than the sea water where I bathe!
I hold the blow to 16 17 ° C, bathing in sea water, in April or All Saints, late October, with my son and his wife!
For my wife, do not tell him that the sea is at 16 17 ° C in the middle of July after a mistral, so she bathes, believing the water hotter, like many other bathers , who refuse to All Saints in a water not colder !!!

The water close to 20 ° C is perfectly pleasant and invigorating and therefore it is useless to heat the ECS in summer at 50 60 ° C, for me!
Economy ecolo encrypted above !!!

Elsewhere, 91, by passing the water in a simple pipe in the sun we obtain the same result in summer water 20 ° C !!

And so, the problem of the summer operation of the boiler is solved with the simplicity max!
0 x
aurelwine
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by aurelwine » 05/10/11, 21:47

Thank you Roy1361 for the link. I had already seen this post a few days ago.

Maybe I miss something, because even when programming a single charge of one hour at night to mount the balloon (too small, yes I know - the mistake of having followed the advice of the heating engineer) to 65 ° , the boiler warms me in the early afternoon because the ball falls below the 30 ° ...

Should I ride the ball higher in temperature? indicate a minimum temp below 30 °?

Good night !
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/10/11, 00:33

To avoid this :
in the early afternoon because the balloon falls below the 30 ° ...

the simplest solution is not to use hot water by doing like me, taking showers with cold water close to 20 ° C tap in summer without ever using hot water !!

With my method, this volume;
I think 120 liters is ridiculously too small ...

120 liters is huge, too big, since I use nothing !!

Otherwise it is enough to deceive the boiler by sending him a fake hot thermometer signal by adding a small voltage to the voltage of the probe of the balloon, with a battery, a switch and a resistive bridge dividing the voltage of the battery !!!
As you can shower with water below 30 ° C, without restarting the boiler !!
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 06/10/11, 09:57

aurelwine wrote:Well for me I think that with the electricity for the ECS I always keep my little 120l while with the boiler, I can manage the ranges of heaters, and those who do not deserve it.

from an energy point of view, it is almost the same thing because the energy that must be brought to the balloon (heated to anything) is composed of 2 parts:

the most important part is that due to the hot water consumed.
if you have used 100L of water at 60 ° coming from the network to 15 °, you will have consumed 100 * (60-15) * 1.16 = 5220Wh

the other part of the energy is that to compensate for the thermal leaks of the water heater and there, it does not make much difference that you compensate these leaks permanently or 2 times per day. the energy supplied will be the same. (in fact not quite because the losses are a function of the temperature but the difference is small)

energetically speaking, it is less efficient (about / 2) to do it with the boiler because it is not 120L of water that you heat but also the 120L (about) of the boiler + their own losses, etc.
BUT, the kwh pellet being cheaper than the electric kwh (about / 2), I evaluated that the price was in the end almost similar.
0 x
Click my signature
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 06/10/11, 10:26

Hello,

It seems to me that T ° mini of the ECS is adjustable, 30 ° it is the factory setting.
It can be decreased in the ECS menu:
-T.consig ECS ​​65 °
-T. mini ECS 30 °, by exple. We move to 20 °

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
Did67

by Did67 » 08/10/11, 18:08

1) Do not focus on "prepare just when you need it". Unless your ball is a super bastard, it loses little. It is negligible (of course, do not prepare at 10 o'clock in the evening, in order not to be at maximum temperature all night - that would be "to optimize the losses"!)

2) You will not be able to climb above 65, the chauwayer stopping herself at 75 °!

3 ° Yes, lower the minimum temperature from which the charge is triggered (only on the programmed periods, however).

4) therefore "lock" the periods of preparation.

Too bad that on the new regulation, a simple forcing button present on the old has disappeared.

Me, I program at the fair and if you are missing, just press a button! This launches the forcing ...
0 x