Ökofen boiler: reflection on settings and DHW production

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
roy1361

by roy1361 » 07/04/11, 19:45

dirk pitt wrote: heating the pellet balloon is not necessarily very interesting unless you have a very large balloon that you heat with a single boiler start-up, only once a day.

It is indeed essential.

A+
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 07/04/11, 21:13

Mowane wrote:Indeed, it stops at 70 °, I looked a little 2 level settings
but on which to play exactly to increase the Tcons boiler: the ECS ++ or the heating ++?

We are almost neighbors! And I have almost the same boiler as you (a PES32 which will probably go down to 25kW) and a little the same style of house (1900 house, 60cm thick brick walls, no ITE possible, possibilities of interior insulation limited).
to increase the Tcons to 76, increase the boiler ++ to 16 if the Tmin is at 60 ° C. This simple modification had radically changed the duration of my cycles ... You will not see too much difference given the weather it is currently, the heating season is almost over. Ultimately, if Dirk and Did agree, I would recommend that you do not touch the settings too much because you will not really know if the changes are beneficial or not since the boiler almost does not turn. It may be best to wait until fall.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/04/11, 16:01

I cut mine.

If not :

1) check if it is in "summer" mode and indeed "raise" the DHW ++ to push the stop to 75 °

2) Contrary to what I wrote, I believe, the P263 is bine at 70 °

3) Check that the P 202 is at 75 or 76 °

4) If it had to be "a little cold" again: check that the maximum outside temperature in heating mode is around 18 ° (I don't know what it is called on the white control); ditto for the maximum temperature in lowered mode (-5 ° C from the original); raise it to 5 or 8. These are the two outside temperatures which, if they are reached, automatically cut off the "heating" mode (circulator, demand) ...

5) Set the DHW programming so that there is only one preparation per day (so, for example in the evening or in the morning, a single period of one hour or two maximum). This will prevent it from restarting just because you are going below the programmed temp.
0 x
aurelwine
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by aurelwine » 04/10/11, 23:07

Hello / Good evening everyone!

I have been the proud owner of an Okofen 15kw for a week now and I am looking more seriously at the settings of the boiler.

For the moment it is the ECS that interests me. I have a 120 liter flask and we are 2 people to live in the house.

Here is what I thought of doing as a setting: 30 minutes in the morning around 6:00 am and 30 min in the early evening, before the shower ... with the instruction to heat to 60 °.

So, I appeal to you, who have had this boiler for several years, to find out if my idea is stupid or rather well viewed; if it may seem necessary to reduce the heating time by a few minutes, or else to do a heating cycle for the day ...

A big thank you in advance for your advice, which will allow me, I am sure, to better understand the boiler and manage it as well as possible!

:P :P
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/10/11, 01:07

180 pages to read of Shadocs work on econology in total !!!
https://www.econologie.com/forums/suivi-du-t ... -1250.html

Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.

It is still very hot though !!!
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/10/11, 08:51

dedeleco wrote:
It is still very hot though !!!

it is true that it does not deserve to start the boiler just for DHW, it's a bit of a shame but if you don't have a double energy tank, you have no choice.

concerning the DHW time slots, it is especially important not to start them at the same time as the heating comfort ranges but rather 1 hour later so that the boiler first gives its heat to the heating and then, we take advantage of all its volume of already hot water to continue with the DHW.
0 x
Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 05/10/11, 09:46

[Ah, Shadocks: the return! It's really pathological, my poor dedicate. Usually it's Alzheimer's and forgetfulness in the elderly. You are rambling. What sadness and what moral downfall. Behave, after a life that I suppose is full, like a "teenager who seeks a fight at all costs" and provokes ... Just to exist? Okofen doesn't interest you. You can say it and write it down. Repeat it once or twice, why not? We now know. But still not acquired an ounce of tolerance to ... leave us alone !!! Yes, what sadness ...]

On the question asked:

1) Too bad, yes, that the ball is not mixed. Start and heat a boiler in summer for so little water (120 l max)!

In winter this is not a problem. The boiler is hot anyway.

2) In summer mode, the 120 l should be enough for a day for 2 people? No ? So program imperatively - if this is the case - only one heating period per day. Otherwise, the boiler will start every time for almost nothing (half of 120 l or even not?).

Already it starts for 120 l at the maximum (if everything has been emptied), which is little and results in a deplorable output (because the boiler first heats its 100 and a few "internal" liters + its metal frame! !!

3) In winter mode (heating), it plays a lot less. As Dirk said, just avoid the onset of hot spells where she will be stressed by it. Rather opt for a late afternoon, just 1 hour before switching to "night" mode for example ...
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 05/10/11, 09:48

Hello,
It's a shame to use the pellets 6 months a year for the DHW ....
At home the DHW function is very rarely used, twice a few days in 3 years (I have sunscreen).
In this case, I choose a load at 65 ° it lasts two days, it is true that my balloon is 500l well insulated.
Kind regards.

JCD
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
aurelwine
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by aurelwine » 05/10/11, 13:16

Thanks to all three of you for these answers.

So yes, of course, it's a shame to use so much pellet in the summer for the DHW, but otherwise I have no choice but electricity and there we manage nothing at all ...

At the fire pit, we calculated with the installer, that the DHW would ask me 1 T / year.

I will give it a try for a good 1 hour charge in the morning and we will see where it takes us! :P

I will continue reading the previous discussions and I am sure I would ask you again for advice on "winter settings"!
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/10/11, 14:23

aurelwine wrote:... but otherwise I have no choice but electricity and there we manage nothing at all ...!

I don't know what you mean.

in terms of cost, heating the DHW with the pellets or the elec is roughly the same over the summer period although it is more energy-consuming (the kwh pellet is cheaper than the kmwh elec)

simply, it makes the boiler "turn" thus reducing the life of the components (valves, worm screws, motors, chains, etc.)
0 x

Click my signature