Boiler ÖkoFEN pelematic principles of regulation

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
fbedon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fbedon » 31/10/12, 23:09

Hello,
I am trying to install a used PE20 boiler, it has a TEM 2940 regulator with a probe of FS5611 atmosphere.
I have traveled dozens of son on Ökofen boilers but all seem to deal with more or less post-installation fine tuning ...

The boiler was used in extra a solar water heater and the heating portion should possess a storage tank.
My circuit is limited to central heating radiators live without ball.
I have not changed the parameters of 2 regulations.

The first start went well, (ignition, circulator, V3V, ...) but I need some explanation from long time users.

Is it normal that the boiler starts to power up even if the ambient temperature exceeds the required temperature?
Is it normal that in the same conditions, the radiators heat up slightly?
I thought the boiler producing hot water as its water law (according to the T ° ext) and made her move when the room temperature was too low.
It would seem to me absurd to maintain the boiler 65 ° C during the hours that follow a reduced mode transfer, where all heating is unnecessary.

What do you think ? Thank you for your lights.
Fred
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 01/11/12, 10:09

Hello and welcome!

To help you, we will need some information:

1) classic: House size, quality of insulation, only radiators or underfloor heating, orientation, external inputs (windows, stove, fireplace ...). You are a priori in Grenoble. In short, is the boiler properly sized? Out of curiosity, what kind of food / silo you?

2) not understand your story of solar: it's just a CESI (it's already not bad!) Or the panels are also involved in heating and feed a buffer tank? Is it a buffer balloon that you have or a balloon ECS or a mixed?

3) it is a control box gray or white? Is the outdoor sensor connected? Is there a room thermostat (not mandatory with climate control)?

Sorry if the questions seem a little basic, but we must have a clear idea of ​​the situation to be able to help you.
As for the boiler which heats "unnecessarily" it is certainly indeed adjustments to be fine-tuned, we will come back to this.
Will see somewhat lower thread started by Manet about the settings, you probably find a few indications.
As for the one "monitoring of operating time ...", it is indeed fine tuning (it helped me a lot though!). To see once your problem is well settled.

cordially
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/11/12, 11:40

With ÖkoFEN, one must know the age of the captain, the draft, and also take them in the right direction of hair !!

I am not at all !!!
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 01/11/12, 11:50

dedeleco wrote:With ÖkoFEN, one must know the age of the captain, the draft, and also take them in the right direction of hair !!

I am not at all !!!

Of course, old man, with you all walking around all the time, and whatever the conditions!
With you there is no need to think and say that heating and regulation must be adapted to the house they heat!

Are still very friendly admins here to let crack this kind of trolls ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/11/12, 12:24

Of course, old man, with you all walking around all the time, and whatever the conditions!

Not everything, but a well-designed thermal control should work without any problems by self-adaptation, especially considering the price of its excellent boilers as boilers and boiler but have insufficient regulatory choices.
If I had such a boiler, I reconsidérerais any regulation because they should work without having to constantly adjust.

The thermal characteristics, abilities, time constants, etc ..., a house is measured carefully and regulation must measure and adapt to it, instead of asking the user to tear his hair do after groping winters in empty !!

The Japanese do for their heat pumps (fuzzy fuzzy) !!!
1 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 01/11/12, 15:17

Hello fbedon,

I also have a ÖkoFEN with solar gain, I assure you it works very well and the boiler waits without stay 65 ° when there is no need for heating.

Read my signature :P to avoid reading anything, especially those Dédéléco that causes a lot but never realized anything, that the theoretical or wind.

I am ready to help if needed. Specifies a bit your installation and your problem.

Jc
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 01/11/12, 18:46

Good idea! : Cheesy:
0 x
If it does not work, get off a hammer ...
fbedon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fbedon » 04/11/12, 20:45

Good evening and thank you for the first answers.
It can not hurt to describe my setup, but what hurts me at the moment is more in the order of the operating principle.

I have a fairly isolated house 200m2 (18 cubic meters of wood for the winter) I heat rather than 22 19 ° C.
I warmed to 100% with closed hearth Fondis customized for automatic drawing associated with a distribution of warm air through the attic.
( to know more http://frederic.bedon.perso.neuf.fr/AIR_CHAUD/)

I bought a used boiler ÖkoFEN PE20 of 6 years, and I'll put it this way winters. I have a textile hopper 400kg, purpose and get a proper setting prior to use it as their primary heating next year by building a hard hopper.

The previous owner had solar panels and a buffer tank, it's not my case, the boiler is directly connected to my central steel heating network.

I think before putting your hands under the hood of regulation, they need to understand the workings of principles governing this type of boiler.

Can we say the following?
- The TEM control, and he alone, starts and stops the boiler.
- The TEM controller uses an operation based on a water law, which determines the temperature of the water from the outside temperature.
- The set temperature is controlled by the remote control FS5611
- TEM regulator stops the boiler when the set temperature is reached.

My first tests seem contradictions with these common sense rules, but it is not impossible that some parameters related to the configuration of the system (solar, ECS, balloon) are to change, I'll watch it meadows.

Thank you for your remarks.
Fred
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Boiler ÖkoFEN pelematic principles of regulation

by tomgey » 04/11/12, 22:03

fbedon wrote:- The TEM controller uses an operation based on a water law, which determines the temperature of the water from the outside temperature.

Yes!

fbedon wrote:- The set temperature is controlled by the remote control FS5611

No! The target temperature is set only on the TEM. The remote control, if it is the same as mine, does not indicate temperature. It is in the neutral position in the middle by default. When you turn to the right, the temperature detected by the boiler decreases, which causes the flow temperature increase. Conversely if you turn to the left.

fbedon wrote:- TEM regulator stops the boiler when the set temperature is reached.

No! This is the peculiarity of climatic regulations. When your heating curve is set correctly, the boiler will continuously produce the necessary calories to keep your house at the set temperature. So that your radiators will rarely be very hot, they are mostly lukewarm.
Advantages: particularly suitable for pellets where it promotes the long cycles, greater comfort.
It is the image, repeatedly used by Did, bottle of water breakthrough under a tap. A heating curve is set corresponds to the water flow with which the level remains constant in the bottle.
Of course beyond a certain outside temperature (T ° T ° lim cons and reduces lim) or inner (Tset + hysteresis) the boiler stops.

There is no doubt indeed settings to see, and not at the level of the heating curve for the boiler can not be managed in the same way without BT.
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 04/11/12, 22:09

there is also this thread where fine adjustments of ÖkoFEN are discussed in detail: https://www.econologie.com/forums/suivi-du-t ... t6424.html

This is where I found information that allowed me to adjust my boiler optimally (thanks be to Did, Dirk Pitt and the others!)
0 x