Ökofen boiler: unburned granules

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
anigel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Ökofen boiler: unburned granules

by anigel » 28/02/10, 18:59

Hi,

I am the proud owner of an Ökofen 15 kW boiler since the end of 2008. Aside from the difficulties in correctly regulating the regulation, everything worked very well until the last delivery of pellets.

It should be noted that my boiler has always worked well, with very few ashes. I burned more pellets than expected, but we must take into account the fact that the winter 2008-2009 and the one we are currently finishing were much colder than the previous ones: nothing alarming therefore a priori. It was with confidence that I therefore ordered a new batch of pellets last January.

And there, good surprise: the delivery man gives me a certificate with the invoice: my supplier now guarantees his DIN + pellets. Research carried out, the approval number corresponds to EO2. And yet, while I had had almost no boredom from the start, I began to see the appearance for a few days of pieces of clinker, and especially a lot of unburnt granules in the ashtray, something that had never happened before. the !

I contacted the engineer Ökofen, but while waiting for his answer, curious that I am, I "scratch" ... I said to myself that these pellets, if they did not have time to burn, it is certainly that they were arriving too quickly ... Suddenly I was wondering if the parameter P160 of the regulation could not come to my rescue ... It seems to correspond to what I am looking for.

What do you think ?

Thank you in advance !
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 28/02/10, 21:17

Hi,

just a question by the way, have you had your boiler serviced annually?

Good night. Hélène
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
anigel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by anigel » 28/02/10, 21:23

Hi,

Yes of course :). It was last November, 1 full year after installation. It was on this occasion that the power of the boiler was reduced to 15 kW (cycle times really too short despite a very cold winter). We had no problems at that time, nor in the 2 months that followed ... It was really a few weeks after the delivery that it started (probably the time to "finish" the old pellets ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 06/03/10, 17:12

1) EO2 is actually one of the French producers actually certified Dinplus by CERTCO.

2) This does not formally exclude a lower quality lot !!!

3) The chewing in particular is worrying and would populate the cause of the annoyance. While waiting to advance in the diagnosis, regularly sweep your burner, see a metallic bead or unclog the holes.

4) I would not touch the P 160: it is the adjustment of the "dosage" of the air / pellets ratio (for a possible adaptation to the fuel; a fuel of lower calorific value for example - so we will reduce the oxugene for a same volume of pellets, or turn the metering screw a little more for the same ventilation). The unburnt pellets rather make me think of poor combustion on a part of the burner plate (eg a corner "encumbered" by the clinker, more O² input, the pellets pushed by the screw at this point do not go burn but only be "charred" by the heat around and end up falling into the half-burnt ashtray).
0 x