Feedback VMC DF experiences

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
nicoto94
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Feedback VMC DF experiences

by nicoto94 » 15/02/17, 20:46

I allow myself to open this topic to have feedback on VMC DB ...

I am located in the 89 and I am in the midst of renovating a farmhouse to make 5 dwellings (individual houses). I have completed the renovation of my accommodation and I would like to install a VMC DB to replace my VMC hygro type B so to be able to homogenize the heat of my wood stove on the ground floor upstairs
I have an area of ​​90m2 with an average height of 2m65 for a volume of about 238m³

* my constraints are that I can not install the vmc in a heated volume but in the non-insulated attic (I do not want the insulated to let the roof breathe and avoid moss and fungi)
I can however install the insulated sheaths under the attic floor and therefore in the insulation and install a mini insulated but unheated technical room for the VMC DB ...

* my requirements are:

- have an efficient VMC DB to avoid heat loss due to installation in a heated space

- disperse the heat from the wood stove on the ground floor to the floor

- be able to refresh the summer via for example a bypass

- not have a high power consumption

I therefore await your advice and feedback in order to decide which model to choose ...

For the moment I have 3 models that hold my attention:

- vort prometeo hr 400 reviews

- Dee Fly Modulo Hygroregular with by pass

- nylon ct150

Waiting for your advice
0 x
jpg43
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Feedback from VMC DF experiences

by jpg43 » 16/02/17, 13:53

Hello, a VMC DF if it allows to recover a part of the calories which are expelled by a simple flow does not really allow to distribute the excessive temperature of a room in the others. I myself have a thermodynamic VMC DF, that is to say that the heat recovered passes through a small heat pump integrated in the VMC which gives a better performance but this one does not allow to homogenize the temperature in all rooms.
I can have between 20 to 25 ° in the main room largely glazed full south with wood stove and 17 to 18 ° in the rooms to the north or upstairs without other means of heating this is suitable for rooms but insufficient for living rooms .

In a Mediterranean or Atlantic climate or passive house type insulation, after study you can obtain more satisfactory results.

My example applies to a continental climate with negative temperatures and in a house almost at 2012 standards.

We can also obtain more interesting results with more powerful Thermodynamic VMC DF of course there are even systems allowing to obtain hot water and even coupling to solar collectors. But it quickly becomes a "gas factory" which requires a study by a serious and competent thermal design office.
0 x
jpg43
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jpg43 » 22/02/17, 08:08

Hello, I see that there are no other returns.

I will ask my question on the section of this forum ; house, habitat etc or on the forum futura in the section on habitat etc.

I think that in any case the answers will be more or less the same.

JP
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 22/02/17, 20:03

I worked at Ventilairsec, they make good equipment but a little expensive.
They have free energy recovery systems for example under the roof during the day or cool north side or in the cellar in summer
0 x