Help with the choice of wall materials and insulation

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
berju
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Help with the choice of wall materials and insulation

by berju » 05/06/09, 16:52

Hello, I've been surfing for months to find out how to make a healthy and economical home. I realize that not being at all part of it is expensive.
That solutions exist but difficult to find good interlocutors in my region (gard) and especially at an honest price.
By dint of reading the forum and various site an idea came to me and I would like an opinion and some councils.
I will go on a brick house of 25 type A interior insulation in 10 or 14 (10 sufficient or 14 is needed) with brick of 5 covered with plaster. Bastide type house therefore with one floor. What do you think of this solution? What extra cost?
Then for the insulation of the lower slab on crawl space must ask what to the manufacturer. Same for the floor of the floor and also for the ceiling of the floor must do it how (I would like a real ceiling not plasterboard).
And what is the roof insulation required for?
Stove heating, double flow vmc and Canadian well.
Thank you for your help and advice.

@+
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 06/06/09, 14:28

Hello,

As you live in the Gard, you will have to be very careful with summer comfort.
And for that you need inertia.
It is better to build on solid ground with either peripheral insulation over a width of 1m20, or (better) vertical insulation of the bases. This way your house stays in contact with the huge mass of earth located under the house, there will be a temperature balance: in winter the slab stays hot longer, in summer it stays cool longer.
It is also imperative to follow the bioclimatic approach: very glazed south facade (with awnings, pergola or other sizing to protect from the summer sun), very little or no opening to the North. Some openings to the east and to the west, with a tree to the west so as not to suffer the assaults of the setting summer sun ...
For the walls it must be insulated, insulated and still insulated .... must aim for an R from 5 to 6, there must be a phase shift of 12 hours, it must be airtight and to crown all that the wall is breathable.
For this, the wooden frame is my preference, with a dense insulation (wood wool or wadding) and a ventilated air layer which improves summer comfort.
Your solution is not optimal, you have to insulate from the outside. In addition the against partition it will cozy. It is better to make a solid brick carrier insulate from the outside.

In any case in the gard, if you take care of the design of the can of a central heating to settle for a wood stove
0 x
berju
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by berju » 06/06/09, 14:38

Hello, thank you for your response, the problem is to find a manufacturer to make the external ISO.
The wood frame pleases me well too but the pb is inertia.

@+
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 06/06/09, 14:53

berju wrote:The wood frame pleases me well too but the pb is inertia.

Exact but it can be compensated by a cross wall and heavy partitions
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Help with the choice of wall materials and insulation

by Woodcutter » 08/06/09, 22:05

berju wrote:[...] I will leave on a house in brick of type A 25 insulation by the interior in 10 or 14 (10 sufficient or is necessary 14) with brick of 5 covered with plaster. Bastide type house therefore with one floor. What do you think of this solution? What extra cost?
Additional cost compared to what?

If you absolutely want brick, isolate it from the outside, in wood wool over 14 cm, that's good.

berju wrote:Then for the insulation of the lower slab on crawl space must ask what to the manufacturer.
Why should there be a slab? You can very well have a wooden joist as a basic level, insulated in thickness.

berju wrote:Same for the floor of the floor and also for the ceiling of the floor must do it how (I would like a real ceiling not plasterboard).
The interstage levels must be worked phonically, but not really thermally. What do you foresee as materials for this level there?

berju wrote:And what is the insulation of the roof? [...]
The maximum !!! : Cheesy:
Good without laughing, the underside of the roof is inhabited (attic space) or not?

In all cases, provide at least 30 cm of insulation for the roof.

Otherwise, the beaver tips are fine.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
berju
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by berju » 10/06/09, 22:04

Thank you for your answers. I would like exterior insulation but I can't find a manufacturer offering it.

: Cry:
0 x
berju
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by berju » 10/06/09, 22:34

aerialcastor for the back wall the builder only works like that.
Suddenly I just think of something since it works in against partition if I ask him to put the against partition outside + insulation + brick of 20 or 25 that would not amount to making an external insulation?
Shouldn't it be more difficult for him to do?

Goods.
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 11/06/09, 21:52

Yes, it's much better like that. At least the inertia is on the good side.
But you want a brick exterior finish? In the gard it seems strange.
Unless you want a coated finish in this case there is no need for brick facing on the outside. We can put either a fixed mesh with plastic pegs which passes through the insulation to get caught in the walls (in fact it serves as a support for both the insulation and for the mesh) and we put a coating on the wire mesh, or an insulation is glued which can receive the coating directly.

Otherwise we often think that the builders are the cheapest, while this is rarely the case, the architects take a much lower commission and know how to "pressure" the craftsmen to get what they want.
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 11/06/09, 22:05

The advice seems consistent. That said, the type of insulation proposed by aerialcastor for the slab is not taken up by the DTU masonry> total insulation under paving.

Even if this DTU story doesn't matter to you, it can have it for the mason.

Suddenly the idea of ​​joist proposed by Bucheron becomes rather relevant since validated + wood = ++

An informed man blablabla ...

@+

PS: for the cover did you define a material?
0 x
Frederic
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 11/06/09, 22:35

Are you sure?
I no longer have access to dtu 13.3 but it seems to me that the dtu recommends the entire insulation of the solid ground without prohibiting peripheral insulation.
And in any case the dtu recommends vertical insulation
By typing dtu 13.3 on gogole:
"F p11-213-3 (DTU 13.3) Part 3

14 Thermal insulation

The deformability of the insulators must be taken into account.

No insulation used should deform by more than 2% or have an elastic modulus Es of less than 2,1 MPa.

NOTE:

The installation of a peripheral horizontal insulation under paving is likely to generate disorders by differential settlement. In order to comply with the regulations in force, it is advisable, among others, to move towards one of the following solutions:

Vertical thermal insulation in peripheral spade;

Horizontal thermal insulation under the entire surface of the paving, laid on a compacted support, and not exceeding the deformation indicated above;

Any other solution that does not generate disorder by differential settlement. "

An incompressible tms type insulator must therefore fit within the framework of the dtu

otherwise http://building.dow.com/europe/fr/app/floors/structure.htm
0 x