Improved radiator central heating

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/12/10, 14:00

Me, I love the fans !!
Especially arriving in a cold house (6 ° C) it is hot much faster than the walls!
The walls require more than a day, even the weekend of the secondary house !!!!!!!!!
With insert and distribution of blown air it's fast !!
The air in the ceiling is cycled if the arrival vents circulate it with a jet of air strong enough to reach the ceiling.
Or blowing electric.
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 29/12/10, 15:32

My boiler is a formal gas 2560c home brico deposit and it is a stew. 3 bad experiences since the beginning of the year. 2 regulation probes hs and the balloon ecs there are 10 days. Domage because its operation I like. Simple and efficient.
The burner is modulating as on many modern boiler and not all or nothing.
Concerning the mixing of the air I confirm that it is effective because my chimney located at 3m70 of the ventilator is in heating since 13h. The boiler is shut off from 13h26, and at 15h15 the fan is blowing air at 20,8 * C on the floor. The radiator's DT is at 0.
Ventilation stopped the thermometer under the radiator on the floor indicates 17,2 * C.
So I earn 3,5 * C at the feet.
Cool : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/12/10, 16:02

Ah I thought you were on oil like you spoke of a "burner" ... (don't look, I understand myself)

Modulating fuel burners are much rarer. Hence my question.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/12/10, 18:15

it's a daube. 3 bad experiences since the beginning of the year. 2 regulation probes hs and the balloon ecs there are 10 days.

probably after changing the annex of low-end equipment, it will work for a long time as mine ultrasimple since 24 years!
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 07/01/11, 18:40

Hi, what is the brand of your fan I can not find equivalence.

It does not make too much noise? I have a blower in my insert, it's quite noisy.

Goods.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 03/02/11, 14:07

Funny I made the same remark for the noise ...
on the other hand a good row of flat fans type informatics
under the radiator blowing down ... it must not be bad ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 03/02/11, 14:33

A fan makes less noise if its suspension or fixing is flexible and damping so as not to transmit vibrations to the formwork that makes sound box as for a speaker.
The difference can be huge.

Then with a variator, you can reduce its rotation speed and reduce the noise a lot. We can put a voltage control on the fan depending on the temperature of the air to flow (with a T sensor cheap as I adjusting the flow rate to the heating power), so the noise does not ' is maximum at maximum combustion at the start and becomes low in the long term average combustion rate.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 05/01/14, 12:51

Hello.
I go back to this old subject because I have just made a lasting and above all much more efficient improvement to my ventilated radiator. Indeed following the replacement of the old air conditioning with R22 of my Tata I kept the interior unit type "cassette" to put it in place of my living room radiator.
Since the modification at a lower cost of my old radiator with a fan column 2 balls I had the idea to do that.

That's the baby normally he's fixed to the ceiling

It is equipped with a fan with double turbines with 1 motor with three coils so 3 speeds.

I laughed a lot while reading what is written here "control by microcomputer"

Too bad it is grilled (it dates from 1987 and grilled in 2010 not bad anyway)

Finally I shoved everything inside to keep only the battery and 3 fan speeds.
The electronic board, the display the electrical resistance, the electrical terminal block and the various security locks.
I also removed the capillary valve and the check valve and then soldered a standard radiator valve instead.
At the bottom of the battery I soldered a standard radiator balancing valve as well. I made sure that the sides correspond to my old radiator.

At first I was looking for how to automatically control the tilting of the fan speed according to the temperature and finally I installed a rotary knob at 3 positions.
I added a reccup cold room thermostat which is used to switch on the fan according to the temperature of the battery.

A good stroke of paint on the body and that's it!

Christophe talks about the issue of comfort and economy here.
I think I'll have to add numbers to this other post

https://www.econologie.com/forums/brassage-d ... 10329.html
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 05/01/14, 13:36

Christophe wrote:It is certain that in forced convection you improve the exchange and therefore the power of the radiator!

But uh for thermal comfort, the opposite would be better no? That is to say blow by or from the top, warm air at the level of the floor.

Depending on the fan you use, you may be able to test the 2 modes quite easily.

The problem will be the tightness at the level of the "ends" of the radiator not?

ps: what is the simulator you use? : Idea:

hi Christophe
Synergy!
Take advantage of forced ventilation of the radiator downwards,
to suck the warmer (and useless) air from the ceiling.
too simple!
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 21/01/14, 14:05

Hello
Thanks to several small software and some of my studies I determined the power provided by my fan coil and compared by calculation with my other radiator salon. The radiator is 120cmX60cm steel sold for 2300w it develops 1600w with the boiler flow at 56,7 ° C. Under the same conditions my veniloconcentrator 80X60cm provided 3200w.
The parameter that makes the difference on the calculation is the temperature delta between the inlet and the outlet of the radiator 14 ° C, against 27 ° C on the fan coil. The flow rate is 0,1m3 / h in the 2 cases. The loss is 3 ° C between the boiler outlet and the radiators.
I will put a small fan under the radiator to observe and calculate the change.
0 x