Improved radiator central heating

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/12/10, 14:38

you do not suck the air from the ceiling ... you only take the air above the radiator

the big profit is that you do not send heated air directly to the ceiling: you send heated air down, and it will mix with turbulance has a large volume of cold air before the just lukewarm air that will rise much more slowly
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/12/10, 15:07

chatelot16 soon once you're a bit much if you say it pitmix influ T ° ceiling opposite the room is that it produces a good air movement throughout the room including the air ceiling...

Obviously it will stay dead volumes.

For the "benefit", totally agree!
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 28/12/10, 15:36

Ok! no need to confuse I think we're all on the same wavelength.
The important thing is to win in inertia between two heating periods and reduce the heating time.
I just see a second 20min cycle heating and 50 to stop 60min.
Here it is clear that since 11h30 about the heating time is shorter
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/12/10, 16:57

It is the method that I love :)

Uh levels before noon, it is because of the scale of measurement or it really is stagnating?
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 28/12/10, 17:16

Is that the boiler reaches are regulatory threshold 68 ° C but room temperature is not reached. The module turns off the burner and sometimes the continuous pump to run until the room thermostat cuts everything.
The curve is that of the starting heating.
Here although room temperature is seen is the same as the boiler is running under.
The peaks correspond to the afternoon times when I cut off the fan. The heat rises to the ceiling and is a peak on the curve.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/12/10, 17:31

Ok thank you for the explanation, I thought it was the 1ere curve T ° ceiling.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 28/12/10, 18:47

1. The curve represents the 1ere t ° departure boiler, not the running time is less.

2. you say that your boiler module, so it would still weigh the running time by the operating power.

Finally, the gain should come mainly from the improved homogeneity of the air masses, rather than the boiler itself.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 29/12/10, 00:47

1. The curve represents the 1ere t ° departure boiler, not the running time is less.

so if we can see the hours at the bottom of the photo on the horizontal line and the top right délail accurate depending on the cursor position (10h44 departure boiler 68,4 ° C).
I can confirm to you that my boiler is stopped every time the curve down. Each ride is the engagement of the boiler and each descent with its judgment. We even get to see that 14h30 to the boiler stops before reaching 68 ° C

The module burner when the boiler reaches its set point + DT ° to / and the room thermostat is still in demand. On the curve that translates into the flat above the peaks before noon.
The boiler tops out at its point of regulation for several tens of minutes before the room thermostat reaches its set.
We see very clearly that the heating time is shorter in the afternoon because the room thermostat cuts the boiler before it starts to regulate.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 29/12/10, 09:07

Ok for the heating time, but what about the regulation?

Meanwhile it uses less (half?) and it would not take into account that part of the measure, no?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/12/10, 11:35

There's not quibble: better air circulation which allows a better homogenization of the heat, ie comfort felt, and AC is beneficial to energy saving. This is valid for all "occasional" heat diffusers / producers.

Even on a wood stove manual loading, it's interesting.

It was a subject almost similar to the idea of ​​pitmix here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/difference ... 10239.html

With good mixing in the whole house, I think 20% energy savings are possible over the year, whether in automatic or manual control (wood stove).

I wonder also that (official ...) does not speak more of this aspect of heating ...

You have a burner with several Pitmix speeds? What brand?
0 x