Improving the efficiency of a fireplace or stove

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

stove heating

by tigrou_838 » 18/09/08, 11:29

Hello everyone.

to properly ventilate the heat of a stove in a room, there is the stirling fan that you place on the stove, distribution of heat ensure, zero consumption.

and for the copper tube behind the stove which returns hot calories in the tank of the heated floor it works not too bad for me, just to improve a little.

tigrou : Mrgreen:
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: stove heating

by Matt113 » 18/09/08, 12:12

tigrou_838 wrote:the stirling fan

you have pictures ? explanation?

Otherwise there is also the ecofan which works with a peltier plate and which turns the fan. I bought one, we'll see what happens this winter.
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Improving the efficiency of a fireplace or a stove

by hic » 18/09/08, 13:46

The passerby wrote:Yesterday, I came across a user's opinion on the site ciao.fr, and what I read amazed me by its simplicity:

In a house heated by a closed fireplace, the principle is to get a large flow of fresh air from outside (or a basement) just under the fireplace.

Then the following things happen:
- The air creates an overpressure in the house.
- When passing over the walls of the fireplace, the cold air heats up and expands, further amplifying the overpressure.
- The volume of hot air in the rooms tends to swell and take up more and more space, thus expelling the colder air in the lower part of the rooms towards the natural low openings (below the door, etc. ...)

As a result, the cold air no longer enters the house through the joints of doors or windows, but on the contrary, it is the cold air from the bottom of the rooms which is evacuated outside by these same "openings"!

I tested this system today by dismantling the VMC from the attic and using it to blow the cold air from the garage just into the fresh air intake that comes out under the fireplace ..... the result is there: it is warmer in the room where the fireplace is, and it is much warmer than before in other rooms :) Suddenly, I removed the "tubes" from the bottom of the door ... a treat, no more cold air.

The air is also renewed constantly, I find this system rather great!

Hi The Passer

It's awesome !!!!! Approved !
the tendency is to overpressure

* The excellent is just good enough for the child. :)
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe *

As a bonus,
if the jet of air and oxygen is injected
on a precise and restricted area

we have a Venturi effect
which causes a forge fire effect

Warning !!!!!
temperature control
on an unsuitable installation

Ventilation must be strictly controlled
safely
to avoid overheating

see physically check the air intake
by a fixed metal part
which limits the entry of air to optimum temperature combustion
for this new use of the stove

Goodbye
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
cyclone85
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Improving the efficiency of a fireplace or stove

by cyclone85 » 23/12/08, 15:19

hello Andre
I am asking you a question
Can I operate a regular stove with pellets what changes?
thank you andre

I am a pantoneur, with a pantone which works well, according to the type of water which I put to him (vehicle boxer peugeot 2.5l D atmo)
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 23/12/08, 23:38

Good evening, I do not have the talent nor the experience of André ... but, it seems to me that one of the first things to change would be the grid which carries the fuel, to determine the surface necessary for a good draft and the mesh size would be very useful ...

I am thinking of a "honeycomb" structure of half the diameter of the pellets and a surface of 20x20cm to begin with ... or rectangular depending on the shape of the stove ...
Or a grid made of stainless steel bar of round section and the same size as that envisaged above.

I imagine that by putting "a sort of funnel" out of 4 or 5mm thick sheet metal in a square shape which would come to rest on the square of the grid and which would go by widening out from the top, say 30x30cm at the top and 20x20cm below to a height of 10 or 15 cm, that would make an interesting fireplace (especially if you drill small holes for additional air intake) ... you will have to do some tests, you could at this time consider a system continuous supply, by a pipe of for example: 40mm in diameter going down into the tank and fed from above with a tank of 10 or 20l of capacity ... you give me ideas, thank you for asking this question ...

I hope to open a track, good evening everyone
:P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
cyclone85
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by cyclone85 » 24/12/08, 09:42

Lietseu wrote:Good evening, I do not have the talent nor the experience of André ... but, it seems to me that one of the first things to change would be the grid which carries the fuel, to determine the surface necessary for a good draft and the mesh size would be very useful ...

I am thinking of a "honeycomb" structure of half the diameter of the pellets and a surface of 20x20cm to begin with ... or rectangular depending on the shape of the stove ...
Or a grid made of stainless steel bar of round section and the same size as that envisaged above.

I imagine that by putting "a sort of funnel" out of 4 or 5mm thick sheet metal in a square shape which would come to rest on the square of the grid and which would go by widening out from the top, say 30x30cm at the top and 20x20cm below to a height of 10 or 15 cm, that would make an interesting fireplace (especially if you drill small holes for additional air intake) ... you will have to do some tests, you could at this time consider a system continuous supply, by a pipe of for example: 40mm in diameter going down into the tank and fed from above with a tank of 10 or 20l of capacity ... you give me ideas, thank you for asking this question ...

I hope to open a track, good evening everyone
:P

hello Lietsu

your idea to replace the original grid with round bars is excellent, I will cogitate, exploit this idea !!!
what do you think of agglomerated logs

see : http://www.e-bois.fr/B@utique/prods.php ... 617&cat_m=

thank you for your answer, and good christmas
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 24/12/08, 11:17

what you are looking for already exists. it's called a pellet basket (do a search on google.)
here are already 2 links
here
and there
0 x
Click my signature
cyclone85
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by cyclone85 » 24/12/08, 12:32

thank you dirk pitt for your post
this is what I am looking for because the purchase of wood steres is becoming more and more expensive and the quality less and less good, more or less wet wood, so sweeping !!!!!!!
thank you and happy holidays
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 26/12/08, 02:23

A priori, I would think only of the good of this system, delivery included, you have dry wood we place your pallet at the bottom of the garage and presto you are delivered and its takes up less space than wood ...

Someone would have already tried that ???

Thank you both and everyone for participating!

ps: I was not far away with my idea of ​​a bin ... a good welder should be able to make this for very cheap ... with recycled materials, well I think about it why not a bottle of butane cut in length and with a grid at the bottom, see two grids which slide one on the other, for a fine adjustment of the draft and smooth evacuation of the ashes ???

Greetings From the end of the year to ALL! and sincere wishes for a year 2009 full of warmth and truths :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Jeff69
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jeff69 » 20/03/09, 15:31

Hello everybody

I have a simple question ...
Can we create a suppression in the house from a VMC?
by reversing of course.
0 x